“Comfortable Hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool
Ranked #48 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed for one night, we arrived around 8pm. Due to a large group booking the car park was full and so was the restaurant, so we had to park our car in the car park across the road, which was close to the hotel. We ate in the bar, the soup was small for the price and the sandwich looked as though it was just slapped together and put on a plate. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the service was okay. We would probably stay there again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
LBAZH, Guest Services at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear CheshireCheeze,
Thank you for your review, I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was peaceful and comfortable. I do apologise for the alarm going off during one evening, I do hope it didn’t disturb your evening too much, we did report this the next morning to our chief engineer to investigate further. I’m glad you also had the chance to enjoy our buffet style breakfast with many hot and cold options before exploring Liverpool One just a 10 minute walk away. Regarding our key cards, I understand they can be difficult to use but all our staff are more than happy to reactivate them and ensure they are working by escorting you from the lobby to the room. I can understand that without explanation the Ark Spa and Fitness is not obvious from all the floors, however it is signposted and again all the staff are more than happy to help. I will pass on your comments about the room to the housekeeping manager and I do hope that we can welcome you back to Radisson Blu, Liverpool again soon.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed for 3 nights while attending a regional convention at the Echo Arena. Our comfortable, spacious room with a river view was on the 3rd floor. It was a very peaceful stay apart from an unexplained alarm going off after 11pm one night, that stopped as quick as it started. Breakfast was abundant and refreshed frequently even though the hotel was busy due to the music festival.
Liverpool One shopping is 10 minutes walk; the Arena or Lime Street station is a £4-5 tax ride. Staff were very pleasant & helpful & we could leave our luggage there till our train was due in the evening.

Cons:
Magnetic key cards were unreliable; mine worked only once despite re-programming - just used my wife's card constantly. If this happened to a child, then they couldn't get past the first floor in the lift nor stairs!
Lift access to the 'leisure centre' and pool suffered from poorly signed access route; we gave up in the end & walked into the centre via the front door.
Pool size is limited and open to the public.
Housekeeping; althought the room was kept clean - some surfaces hadn't been cleaned for some time with a build-up of dust over the head-board.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view for beautiful sunsets and views of cruise liners (if in dock)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear CheshireCheeze,

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago for two nights.

We were given a room on the third floor, right up the corner, which was nice as it meant no one would be walking past our room (which can be annoying when you're away).

The room was big and had a large, stylish bathroom. We had a view over the Mersey, and weren't overlooked at all. The only complaint about the room was a lack of drawer storage space. There were plenty of hangers, but no where to put smaller items. It also had one of the smallest televisions I have ever seen in the room. We didn't watch any tv whilst we were away, but if you like to relax and watch it, bring binoculars! We had a problem with the air conditioning whilst we were there and called reception for an engineer. He never came, so we had to ask for a fan to be brought to the room. It just seemed a bit sloppy as the reception area wasn't busy.

The hotel was in a quiet business district, next door to the Passport Office. It was a long walk into town on a fairly cool day (15-20 minutes), and about the same to the Albert Dock. There is also no easy way of reaching either destination...town requires either walking up some dodgy side streets or walking all along the main road and then into town. The Albert Dock has to be reached by crossing a busy main road, and to reach the river you have to cross the road four times. So, not the most well-placed hotel for exploring the city on foot.

We used the hotel bar which was ok, but right in the reception area. The hotel was also used by lots of young girls and guys on nights out, and generally making lots of noise in the reception/bar area. I know this can't be helped, but when we were waiting for our taxi in the bar it just seemed a bit much to see young people draped across the tables in an otherwise nice hotel.

For comfort and peace and quiet, the hotel is great. But, for exploring the city and being in a better place, try the Crowne Plaza (for the docks) or the Hilton for the city centre.

Room Tip: Have a corner room as we had no noise at all
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Victoria711,
Thank you for your lovely 5 star review of our hotel, it is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy one of our river view rooms overlooking the Mersey. I will look into your air con as we do have engineers on site that are happy to check all air con is working and alter the temperature internally. The hotel is in a central location and just a straight 10 minute walk into town. All our front office team are local and more than happy to provide maps and directions for the fastest directions into town and attractions. I do appreciate that at the weekend we do welcome a lot of leisure guests to the hotel such as groups heading on a night out and are slightly more noisy and prominent in the lobby when they are in the bar or waiting for taxis. I hope that this did not directly impact on your stay and that you could still access the bar and reception easily and enjoy your evening.
I hope that we can welcome you back again soon,

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel was excellent friendly staff great bar drinks and meals rooms had good views of the Mersy from my room and my room was very clean and spaceous. Had to wait half an hour to book in at reception on arrival and had to wait 30 - 60 minutes to get into the lift on the second day as the foyay and lift area had 2 coach parts arriving at the same time, this could be organised a bit better.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Martin578,
Thank you for your great 5 star review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you could enjoy one of our river view rooms. I apologise that you had to wait so long to check in, we do understand that when we have tour groups they do make it difficult for other guests to access the reception area, but I appreciate your wait and we do usually have a member of staff at the lift to assist guests and make the process as quick and smooth as possible. Thank you for your patience, I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my girlfriends birthday at the weekend, and we both loved it !

We had room 905 on the top floor, and were really impressed with the room.

I.emailed ahead to arrange some decorations and chocolates in the room, and they were perfect and the free bottle of wine was much appreciated.

The car parking wasn't great, had to use valet parking at a cost of £20 and couldn't access the car until check out once it had been parked.

All in all, 5* !!!!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Adamswfc,
Thank you so much for your 5 star review! It a pleasure to hear that you both enjoyed your stay and that everything went perfectly, we are always happy to assist guests in making their stay extra special when there is an occasion to celebrate such as a birthday! I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights over the weekend. Upon arrival was greeted by a lovely lady who upgraded us for free to a business class room including breakfast for both mornings. Room wasn't ready so we had a drink in the bar and within 15 minutes our room keys were handed to us.
Room was a good size with views right along the Mersey. Only 1 bathrobe provided and no still water in the mini bar? Water in bath was lovely and hot so no issues there.
TV in the room was broken, complained about this 4 times over the space of the weekend and took until Saturday evening at 10pm for the manager to come and look into to find he couldn't fix and no spare rooms for us to move to. Gave us 'complimentary' room service on the night which he didn't remove from my account and I was almost charged for this when checking out.
Saturday night there was a party on room 2 which was very loud as open lobby up to ceiling of hotel meaning all floors could hear this.
On Sunday when checking out was told due to issues manager would speak to accounts and call me between 10-11am on Monday to discuss, on exiting hotel manager offered a free nights stay next time I was at a Liverpool match.
Was quite disappointed when that phone call didn't happen on Monday however I did get a call on Tuesday morning from Chris explaining and apologising for how he was off ill on Monday hense me not getting the promised phone call.
So for a broken TV which no one looked into straight away I have since had a 50% refund and a free nights stay. Excellent service on that part, however feel let down by what should be a great hotel during my stay.

• Stayed: August 2014
LBAZH, Guest Services at Radisson Blu Hotel, Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear KatieS,

Thank you for your review. I can appreciate that after a great start to your stay you were disappointed by the television in the room not working properly. I can certainly ensure this issue was passed on to our in house maintenance team to be fixed or replaced. I can only apologise for your frustration in this matter and am glad that it has since been resolved through Chris our Front Office Manager. Should you need to discuss anything else do not hesitate to contact the hotel or Chris.

Email – Christopher.Wormald@radissonblu.com

I look forward to us welcoming you back for another stay and ensuring that every aspect is taken care of for you.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for one night on a CIE Tour. We have had great experiences with Radisson Blu - Edinburgh, Scotland and Lima, Peru come to mind.

But this property is clearly in the running for the black sheep of the Blu stable.

Air Conditioning inoperable (also confirmed by 20 other CIE guests). Mold in the shower, for which there is never an excuse. Lock on the bathroom door drilled out and not replaced, giving a tenement look to a supposed 4 star hotel room.

The staff, water pressure, bed, breakfast all good. But when you can't sleep because the room temp is 76 F, nothing else matters.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the AC works.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DenGourmand,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback from your recent stay with us, we would never want a guest to feel disappointed on departure from our hotel and we do regularly welcome CIE Tour groups. I apologise that you found the air handling unit difficult to use, we have reception staff and an onsite maintenance team who are more than happy to assist you in changing the settings and internally altering the temperature to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I will also pass on your comments regarding the other issues with the room to our chief engineer and housekeeping manager at the hotel to investigate. I hope that despite this you would not be discouraged from returning to our hotel as we do have a lot more to offer our guests.