“Enjoyable Stay, Ideal Location If Going To A Match Whether Red Or Blue.”
Review of Epstein House

Ranked #44 of 72 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Devon
“Enjoyable Stay, Ideal Location If Going To A Match Whether Red Or Blue.”
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Epstein House or The Stanley Park Hotel as it is also known is a nice place to stay if your visiting either Anfield or Goodison Park as both Stadiums are within a few minutes walk. From the moment you walk in the door there is a warm welcome from a smiling face. The room was clean and the en-suite bathroom with bath, shower and toilet were more than adequate. Met Frankie the owner as well as a younger woman and man who work there and all three of them seemed very nice.The beds were extremely comfortable and we all had a good nights sleep. I will definitely be looking to stay here again the next time we visit Anfield.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Patrick_EpsteinHouse, Manager at Epstein House, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Dear br1976,
Thank you so much for your review. The team and I were delighted to read your kind comments. We hope to see you at Epstein House again soon.
Epstein House

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2012

we were lookng to stay for one night as our football team were facing liverpool at anfield.
We found this hotel online and for a limited time only myself and my mate bagged a twin room for £28(£14) each.
we did however end up with a larger room with bunkbeds and a double,which made our bargain price even better.

The breakfast we had in the morning was a bit chaotic as it was left to just one girl to do everything as another staff member hadnt appeared,so we had to wait a while to get something but we didnt blame this girl as she was very apologetic and we actually felt sorry for her as she hadnt even had time to dress and was running around daft in her PJs.

Location wise this place was ideal and in fact we met up with friends in the centre of town and brought them back to the hotel before and after the game.

If your into the beatles then this place was ideal,the decor was all about BRIAN EPSTEIN,photos of him and them are splashed over the walls in the sitting/bar/landing area.

There wasnt any wardrobes to put our stuff into but as we were only there for 24hours it didnt really matter,we loved it and that was all we could hope for.

It was clean and basic and would recommend it if your planning to go to anfield or goodison,this is a nice wee stop over.

Room Tip: We had room 5 i think which overlooked the garden,lovely view of the park in the background and very...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank HEATHERSMAROONED
Dear HEATHERSMAROONED,
Thank you very much for your review. The Team and I were delighted to read your kind comments.
Although we were concerned to hear that one of our staff members were serving food wearing pajamas. We unsure you that a full investigation is being carried out regarding this matter. We therefore appreciate your feedback.
I would be delighted to welcome you back to Epstein House. To that end, please don't hesitate to contact me at any time and I will make the necessary arrangements for you.
Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Epstein as we couldnt get a 2nd night at our original hotel! The location if you are going to watch Liverpool and Everton is ideal,2 mins from anfield and 5 mins from goodison park but if im being honest this is a poor place to stay,our room was ok but could of done with a decent clean,the toilet and shower room either side of the bed was not ideal! The toilet was that small my knees touched the door when sitting down and im only 5ft 8 inches tall! If you are going to a match then fine but visiting the city then dont both bother 3-4 mile from the city and the bus service is not great! In all not a great experience and wouldn't recommend!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank bannister2001
Dear Bannister2001,
Thank you for your recent review of Epstein House. I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay. I have noted your issue with all our members of the housekeeping team to ensure all of our rooms are cleaned the highest standard.
Epstein House is situated on Anfield Road which is 2miles from the city centre, a 20 minute walk. The Merseyside bus service is also extremely reliable with buses to and from the city centre every 8 minutes. I am sorry that you had difficulty using their services.
I would be delighted to welcome you back to Epstein House at some stage in the future so that we may restore your faith in the hotel. To that end, please don't hesitate to contact me at any time and I will make the necessary arrangements for you.
Kind Regards,
Epstein House

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Arrived on a Thursday Morning for a Stags do. There was 5 of us and the rest of the lads arriving on Friday morning so by Friday afternoon there was about 20 of us. So rang the bell on Thursday and got in about 10 mins later by a lady who didnt know what day it was. For some reason she kept trying to stall us and eventually we had breakfast and got shown to our room(hostel). Grand so we headed out for the day, back after a session and out for the night. Still in bed when the lads arrived on the Friday morning but we got up and out we went again. So we all headed back after a few on the friday about 4.30pm. Out of no where the owner with his dog appeared ranting and raving like the headcase that he is saying we had been messing with the security cameras and setting off the alarms. He told us to pack our bags and get out. Of course we were not having any of that so told him we won't be going until Monday. The owner after a chat called the police. We thought he was joking. Then after 5 mins it was like an episode of the bill. 4 Police cars arrived and in they came. The owner "Pat" which is his name and also an Irishman said we have to leave because we messed with the cameras. This went on for another 30 mins until we found out that somebody called earlier to either clean or service the cameras. So "Pat" decides to offer free drinks. Told him no thanks and didn't bother using his bar while we stayed. If your looking for a quiet weeked away I advise not to go here. Even the Police were telling us that he calls them out at least 3 times a month. Basil Fawlty isnt a patch on "Pat". He locks the doors at night. We had to climb up a ladder and climb through a window so that we could get the front door opened. What a place. We thought it was funny but I'm sure others wouldn't.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
13 Thank Dayo C
Dear Dayo C,
Thank you for your recent review of Epstein House. I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay. Although after reading your review I am a little unsure which property you and your friends stayed in. I am assuming yourself and your friends did not stay at Epstein House and therefore stayed in a different location.
I welcome you to email me at Stayinliverpool@gmail.com were I can carry out a thorough investigation of your stay in Liverpool and act upon the issues you have raised.
Kind Regards
christchurch
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Initially when we arrived at this hotel we wondered what we had struck. Photo's of the Beatles greeted us everywhere & it wasn't until we were told that this was actually Brian Epstein's Grandmothers house. The memorbillia is fantastic and for any Beatles fans this is definately the place to stay. Lynn, who manages the hotel has so many stories to tell, especially of the people who still come and have a drink in the bar, particularly before a football game as the Anfield football ground is just five minutes down the road. Paul McCartney & Gerry Marsden are apparently helping to raise money to have a bronze statue (miniature in the bar) errected in the garden of Epstein and the Beatles. Lynn cooks a wonderful breakfast which can be eaten either in the bar, conservatory or out on the deck over looking Stanley park. This hotel is very quirky but a lot of fun.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank kerr78
Dear Christchurch,
We are delighted to read your recent review of Epstein House. We aim offer excellent customer service and a great stay for your holiday in Liverpool. I have shared your feedback with the team and we will look forward to seeing you again soon.
Scotland Neck, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 July 2012

came to epstein house with family, lots of history to the place the staff were very helpful and the hotel was a beautiful victorian house.

would come again faultless

Room Tip: take a trip to the park
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jayne s
Dear Jayne s,
Thank you so much for your kind review. The Team and I were delighted to read your comments and would like to welcome you back to Epstein House on your next trip to Liverpool.
We hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Booked this place for 11 people traveling to Liverpool for a mates birthday. After booking we were told that we would not actually be staying in the hotel ( Epstein house) but in a property down the road number 86. It would be a good idea to check where your staying before you pay. Do not assume you will be staying in the main house.

Now number 86 is a complete s!?@ hole. It's a hostel as I later found out. We were charged £35 each whic we managed to get reduced after arriving to £25. You can get a bed in this hostel on the net for £7 a night. There was a group of resident Russian people our room contained two double beds both broken a bunk bed and a mattress on the floor the sky light leaked water on to my bed. Pubic hairs in the bed pest control traps under the beds. No light in the shower room the bathroom was a hovel. With dirty pants on the floor no toilet roll shower didn't drain away so there was a good inch of water on the floor.

Now Paddy is the owner and a complete idiot who does not deserve to run a business or take people's hard earned cash.

After arriving back at the HOSTEL at 03:00 My self and a friend before making it to our room were confronted by Paddy who we found out lives on the bottom floor of the HOSTEL and told if we were not quite he would call the police and have us removed from the property. Which I thought was strange because we hadn't made a sound were both in our 30's and respectable GROWN UPS. We managed to make it through the night and left first thing.

Long story short. Don't book to stay here save your money. The hole place is a dump. No services or value for money paddy is ripping people off.

• Stayed June 2012
21 Thank Lincslad80
Dear Lincslad80,
Thank you for your recent review of Epstein House. I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay. After reading your comments I can see that you did not stay at Epstein House, you stayed at another property nearby.
Since your trip in July 2012 the Maintenance Team has carried out a full refurbishment for the property. This includes improvements in all the areas you mention here in this review.
I would like to thank you for your time, as your review has helped us to make to necessary improvements.
Kind Regards,