“excellant stay”

Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Albert Dock)
Ranked #13 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 26 November 2013

excellant position for sightseeing round liverpool. Lovely building and kept in keeping. excellant service. Views from room of the mersey. Would definately stay there again. Parking was so easy and reasonable. Plenty of bars and cafes and pubs in the albert dock area so not had to walk far.

Hotel ideally situated for sightseeing by foot.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeicesterDawn
IanC463, Manager at Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Albert Dock), responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear LeicesterDawn,

Thank you for your review of the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. I'm pleased to read that you had an excellent stay with us. Hopefully, we will see you stay with us again very soon.

Ian Callaghan

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Albert Dock)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel from Friday 22nd November till Sunday 24th November for the Nickelback concert at the Echo Arena. I picked this hotel because it was really close the venue and with the weather being minus stupid degrees I thought I can’t be dealing with the cold. I had looked at other hotels and even thought about a hostel to keep the cost down but in the end I went with the premier Inn. I must say to start the check in process was and straight forward and went without problems, I have never had any problems with check in with these hotels although, to make things even better they could do with modernizing it by having self-service check in as they do in London, the girls on reception were amazing, very friendly and helpful, would like to have thanked them all personally but wasn't there when I checked out. The room was slightly cold for me, but that may just be me. The bed was very comfy, clean and after a cold first night in Liverpool after getting an alcohol induced coma the bed was also inviting. The room and the shower room was spotless and the security in the night was also faultless, the room was a bit of a nightmare to find at first as the corridors seem to go on for ever and there are so many twists and turns it seems daunting until you realize that instead of having to walk around the corridors you could actually cut through the restaurant and the room is the other side, I don’t really know what else to say about this hotel, I didn't have food so I can’t comment, I have no bad word to say about the hotel or staff everything was perfect. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Liverpool, you wouldn't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I was in room 124 the best way to get to the hotel is through the restaurant, saves time walking the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ronald20

Dear Ronald20,

Thanks for your fantastic review of the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. It was a pleasure to read your review, and I'll be sure to pass your feedback on to the reception team.

Rooms 125-119 can be accessed by cutting through the restaurant, otherwise you will have to walk all the way around the corridor.

Thank you again for a fabulous review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in due course.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

A very enjoyable stay at this hotel which is in a listed character building on the Albert Docks in Liverpool. The room was large and clean, the breakfast was average (but they always are wherever we stay) Location fantastic and most of the staff were helpful. We would stay here again, great value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jolene B

Dear Jolene B,

Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. It is indeed a perfect location with a fabulous building.

I'm sorry breakfast was only average, and we appreciate this constructive feedback all the same.

Thanks again, and hopefully, we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Having been to Liverpool quite a few times, we had passed the Premier Inn on Albert Dock and always thought it had a great location.
Being in Liverpool again for a couple of concerts, the Premier Inn was a natural choice as one of the gigs was opposite at the Echo Arena.
Check in was quick and painless, the reception staff set the tone for the rest of the weekend- friendly, helpful and above all- interested in us as customers! What a lovely change.....

The hotel itself was much bigger than we first thought- it's built around 3 sides, meaning that some of the rooms ( including ours ) are quite some way from reception. We had room 164, which had a lovely view across Albert Dock but was a bit of a schlep from Reception itself.

The Thyme bar and restaurant was a nice, relaxing place for a wind down drink. It was also where breakfast was served the next morning, again by smiling, helpful staff. Breakfast itself was good value- eggs cooked to order, all fresh and hot.

The hotel proved our initail thoughts correct- central, clean, warm and convenient. Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room clos to the lifts if you don't want a long haul to your room. Only use the Pay...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank BristolBubblesdevere

Dear BristolBubblesdevere,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. I'm really pleased to read that we met all of your expectations.

There are some long and winding corridors, and rooms dotted about. The hotel is split over two buildings and can be quite deceiving. Any room requests, I would urge anyone to contact the hotel in advance for any specific rooms.

Really happy to read that you intend to stay with us again soon. Thank you again for a super review of the hotel.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel, ideal location for the Echo Arena, reception staff very polite and friendly, and having security staff on the door at night was comforting. The room we had was nice and clean, and the beds were so comfortable. The only thing I would have a gripe at, is we found the walls thin, this was made worse by inconsiderate party of guests next door who were very loud, to the point where someone else complained about them and we heard a member of staff warning them if they continued to be disrespectful to the neighbours that they would be asked to leave the hotel, this calmed them down and we were able to get a good night sleep. We didn't eat or drink at the hotel so cannot comment on service or quality of food, but there are many nice places to eat around the docks. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear leeleeCaldicotUk,

Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. Unfortunately, there will always be a small minority of inconsiderate individuals who don't respect the wishes of others. I'm pleased to read that my Nights team did their best to remedy the situation.

I'm happy to read that you intend to use us again soon. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Ideal location if going to the Echo arena. Building is lovely, room was very clean, friendly and helpful reception staff. Fab view from room of the big wheel and arena, looked lovely at night.
Let down by very poor service in bar and restaurant. Understaffed to say the least, took 15 minutes to be served at the bar, told unable to order bar food as they were too busy. Breakfast poor, running out of hot food as could not keep up with demand, not all items available at the same time. Collect your own cutlery - felt more like a service station than a restaurant.
The hotel was fully booked but this was predictable when there is a gig at the arena and management should have been prepared and staffed accordingly so no excuses.
Worst thing however was being woken at 6.45 on a Sunday morning by the recycling dustbin lorry collecting bottles below our window and then another 30 minutes later collecting the rubbish.
Next time will most likely look at the Jury's Inn across the road.
Great surroundings but this premier inn let the hotel brand down.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sarah N,

Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. At the time of your stay, your right to point out that the hotel was very busy.

We do have a number of informative posters advising our guests of quiet/busier times to dine for breakfast, thus allowing our guests to make an informed choice of when to dine.

Staffing was in line with expected numbers, and we always review levels a week in advance. As for the glass collection, I can confirm that the business next door took it upon themselves to empty their bins at the ridiculous time you mentioned, and we have taken decisive action to address this.

I hope you reconsider your decision to use an alternative hotelier on your next visit to Liverpool, certainly given that our rating is far superior to the alternative you highlighted.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Premier Inn's have become the new norm for us. As our youngest is Disabled, they offer in the majority of hotels, the same look, smells etc which is perfect for him. So having visited Liverpool for a day in July, (a very hot day indeed), we decided to go back for three nights and see what more there was on offer. So of course it had to be a Premier Inn, and as we had fallen in love with Albert Dock, there was no better hotel that the Premier Inn on Albert Dock. Parking is something that needs to be worked out. There are many small car parks across from the entrance, paid for by the hour. So we parked in one and checked in, then moved to the multi storey car park about 5-10 mins walk away which first you get discount on if you are staying in the hotel, but secondly members of staff visibly patrol the car park.

On getting to our room, it was beautiful. Brick, brick and brick. Amazing Looking slightly different as the furniture arrangement was not the norm, it looked great. BUT, then the bit which could have totally destroyed the holiday. Normally when you take a child with you, there is a chaise longue in the room which is converted into a single bed. This wasn't, it was a type of trundle bed on legs Not only that it was a lot shorter than an average bed, BUT, and this is the big BUT, the bed was so uncomfortable. Not only was it uncomfortable, BUT, there were visibly springs sticking out of the top. Our son may be only 13, still a child, but he is about 5ft 10" tall. And stockily built. This clearly was totally unacceptable. We had encountered this before, in a hotel in Wigan which was a franchise hotel to Premier Inn, and we were led to believe that was the reason why. Premier Inn guarantee a good nights sleep, not just to parents I imagine, but to all of the family, so I do not understand why they have beds like this in the rooms. To me, this is uncomfortable as a divan base, and being honest, I thought it was. I thought there should be a mattress on top. I would not put a child of 4 in this bed let alone my son. So I popped down to reception, explained the situation (not his disabilities), and after having it explained to me that they are the beds they use for children, and I explained about other Premier Inns we have stayed in (and it's many), they had a room which had a chaise longue in, but it was the easy access room. I said, its funny as he is actually disabled, but my main concern was I was taking up this room, when our sons disabilities are mental and not physical. But they assure me it was fine. So i received a new key card, went back upstairs and we moved all of our belongings.

I cannot describe the look on our faces when we opened the new room door. It was the most amazing room ever. It was huge. Brick, brick and more brick. Including the ceilings. It looked over where the old This Morning Weather Map sits (It was taken away the following morning), and was utterly amazing. Apparently, I have since found out that it is the biggest room in the hotel.

The only problem we had was there were two rooms a little further along that were full of women clearly on a drinking trip. Not good at 2-3am. But I didn't let it spoil it.

On our final night, we had a meal in the restaurant. We had to wait for approx an hour. as did everyone else in the restaurant. We eventually received our food at around 9pm, which to eat is a little later to eat for us. The food was fantastic, but sitting waiting for an hour is not good at all.

The following morning it was time to go home. I would happily have taken the room with me if I could. Out of every hotel I have stayed in over the last 40+ years, this is by far the nicest. I had to even admit it was nicer than the MCDonald Hotel and Spa in Manchester (although Manchester did beat the en suite by far as it was pretty gorgeous).

My only concern is the beds. It worries me about when we go away next year. I have to now take on board this, and wonder how to plan it. Especially as next year he will be even taller.

Premier Inn need to take on board that not everyone wants to go downstairs in view of everyone, and have to make a complaint about the bed after only being in the hotel for 15 minutes. It makes an uncomfortable start to what should be a great break.

Things I need to mention. There is a Starbucks directly below the hotel! Brilliant. The Beatles Museum is also directly underneath if you are a Beatles fan (I'm not), there are many many restaurants. Fairly pricey, but depends what your pocket is, and if it's like ours, the chip shop on the way to the Tate Gallery is great. Brilliant owners, couldn't help enough. A brilliant museum at the opposite side of the dock, and as mentioned the Tate Gallery. there are many shops selling what I would call visitor tat, but two I did like were the one selling American candy etc. and the shop selling jewellery, stones etc. It is the second time we have made a purchase from there.

I would go back if we could get the bed issue sorted. Probably not use the restaurant again though, as it seems, we are not the only ones to have to wait for food.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Helen M,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. It is indeed a beautiful hotel set in wonderful surroundings.

The truckle beds are a standard child's bed in most of the Premier Inns. A number of PI's do have the sofabeds, and this hotel has just three. Due to the size and shape of the number of the rooms, we are limited in our abilities to provide sofabeds.

I would suggest you contact the hotel in advance of any future stays and request a room with the sofabeds if available.

The restaurant is an extremely busy operation and at times waits can be experienced. The team are required to communicate any delays to our diners.

Thank you again for an informative review of the hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.