“Good location”

Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Albert Dock)
Ranked #13 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Ideal location if your going to an event at the Echo Arena. It's an old mill been refurbished and quite quirky. The bar does not open in the day and is small for such a large hotel. Breakfast was chaotic as the room again is to small for purpose. there was no hot food on the buffet when I arrived. Not the usual premier standard, sorry to say.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
IanC463, Manager at Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Albert Dock), responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Wmffra,

Thank you for your review of the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. I'm sorry to see that we did not meet all of your expectations.

The building is actually a former tobacco warehouse, and due to it's listed status we inherited the building as it was originally built for. Premier Inn have done a fantastic job to place a modern everyday hotel and keeping the listed status in mind by sympathetically restoring the building to it's former glories.

As such the breakfast area cannot be reconfigured, and so we manage this drawback with a number of initiatives including informative posters, advising guests of quiet/busier times to dine for breakfast.

The bar does not open during the day due to the low volumes experienced in the past most likely due to it's first floor location.

Thank you for your review, and hopefully we will see you again soon.

Regards

Ian Callaghan

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Albert Dock)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I booked a double room for two nights with my partner for a relaxing break.

It was busy on arrival, but the car park in the Echo Arena is large and makes for easy parking, its also easily close enough to walk to.

The staff on arrival were really friendly and made us feel really welcome. The staff in the bar were similarly friendly and the bar is a nice relaxed area overlooking the docks.

The room was a bit different to normal, better though although the extractor wasnt working in the bathroom which caused a lot of water vapour, not a problem though as the fire detector in the room is heat only, not smoke.

The location is great for a bit of sight seeing, easy walking into town and really picturesque at night. There are plenty of bars and restaurants, charging around £6 for two pints is pretty reasonable to me.

The room was quiet at night, but being on the top floor is probably the reason for this.

The only negative point was the bed, it was rather like sleeping on a trampoline but perhaps I'm just used to my own bed.

I will definitely visit again!

Room Tip: go for the higher floors to minimise noise from the bars below
1  Thank Garbo123
IanC463, Manager at Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Albert Dock), responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Garbo123,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. It was a pleasure to read your review.

The location is just quite literally stunning, and really gives all of our guests a great opportunity to explore what Liverpool has to offer.

The bed is a very subjective topic, and if we are all honest, we would love to take our own beds away with us if we could.

Really pleased to read that the team have once again, proved their worth in making your stay that bit extra special.

Thank you for a fabulous review, and hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Regards

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We were down to see a show at the Echo arena and the hotel was amazing staff so friendly and rooms were superb and so close to loads of places to eat and breakfast in hotel were very good large selection only thing as no hot chocolate available at breakfast.

But I would stay there again with out a Doubt as we came all the way from Dundee In Scotland for the show and the hotel being so close to everthing made it even better

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank FridgeDiscos

Dear FridgeDiscos,

Thank you for your review of the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock, The hotel is fantastically located to all the major tourist attractions and the Arena.

I'm pleased to see that you intend to come back and stay with us again in the future. Thank you again for a great review.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night while christmas shopping in liverpool. Hotel was really close to liverpool1 and liverpool centre, had a lovely room overlooking the albert dock.would defenatley return. Had our evening meal and breakfast at the hotel, no complaints apart from we had to wait a while for eggs at breakfast but worth the wait and hotel staff were very friendly. This is a listed building and has ben very tastefully renovated.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the docks.
1  Thank gillandgary

Dear gillandgary,

Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time with us. I'm glad the eggs were worth the wait, however, I can empathise with you regarding the wait.

The building in which the hotel is housed, has been restored to an extremely high standard and sympathetic of the originality of the building.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Just the noise issue from nearby nightclubs which spoilt our stay. Disturbed sleep until early hours of the morning. Otherwise Premier Inn always provide a good professional service that is good value.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jane R,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I'm sorry external noise blighted your stay, and I can assure you that we are taking a proactive approach to dealing with noise from other businesses.

I do appreciate your feedback, and I sincerely hope that this does not prevent you, from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

excellant position for sightseeing round liverpool. Lovely building and kept in keeping. excellant service. Views from room of the mersey. Would definately stay there again. Parking was so easy and reasonable. Plenty of bars and cafes and pubs in the albert dock area so not had to walk far.

Hotel ideally situated for sightseeing by foot.

1  Thank LeicesterDawn

Dear LeicesterDawn,

Thank you for your review of the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. I'm pleased to read that you had an excellent stay with us. Hopefully, we will see you stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel from Friday 22nd November till Sunday 24th November for the Nickelback concert at the Echo Arena. I picked this hotel because it was really close the venue and with the weather being minus stupid degrees I thought I can’t be dealing with the cold. I had looked at other hotels and even thought about a hostel to keep the cost down but in the end I went with the premier Inn. I must say to start the check in process was and straight forward and went without problems, I have never had any problems with check in with these hotels although, to make things even better they could do with modernizing it by having self-service check in as they do in London, the girls on reception were amazing, very friendly and helpful, would like to have thanked them all personally but wasn't there when I checked out. The room was slightly cold for me, but that may just be me. The bed was very comfy, clean and after a cold first night in Liverpool after getting an alcohol induced coma the bed was also inviting. The room and the shower room was spotless and the security in the night was also faultless, the room was a bit of a nightmare to find at first as the corridors seem to go on for ever and there are so many twists and turns it seems daunting until you realize that instead of having to walk around the corridors you could actually cut through the restaurant and the room is the other side, I don’t really know what else to say about this hotel, I didn't have food so I can’t comment, I have no bad word to say about the hotel or staff everything was perfect. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Liverpool, you wouldn't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I was in room 124 the best way to get to the hotel is through the restaurant, saves time walking the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ronald20

Dear Ronald20,

Thanks for your fantastic review of the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. It was a pleasure to read your review, and I'll be sure to pass your feedback on to the reception team.

Rooms 125-119 can be accessed by cutting through the restaurant, otherwise you will have to walk all the way around the corridor.

Thank you again for a fabulous review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in due course.