“flawless”

Ranked #14 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Staffordshire
“flawless”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a birthday treat and can honestly say it was flawless. The location was only 15mins walk from train station a £5 taxi drive to concert square where all the night life is amazing and the hotel it set on the beautiful albert docks. The hotel staff were welcoming friendly and helpful I felt as nothing was to small or big for them to do they give opinions on the best places to visit. The food was also brilliant quality price and gorgeous the rooms were spotless. In all couldn't make a bad comment worth the money would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (892)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed in this hotel twice and both times were great brilliant location for echo arena and only 10 minute walk to shopping centre clean tidy rooms staff were really helpfull and had a good nights sleep breakfast lovely too highly recommend

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
IanC463, Manager at Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Wendy M,

Thank you for your review on Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. I am delighted to read you enjoyed both your stays here with us, and of course for coming back to see us the second time.

I am glad to read that you had a good night sleep. We aim to ensure all our guest's have a comfortable night sleep, and enjoyable stay here.

I am happy that the team contributed to your break away. I will be sure to pass on your comments to them.

Thank you again for your feedback. Hope to see you again soon for the third time.

Kind Regards,

Danielle
Reception Team Leader
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Excellent hotel facilities ,in the heart of liverpool with comfortable rooms and an excellent restaurant . What more could you ask for in a hotel. It was especially convenient for the echo arena which was only 100 yards from the entrance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sharon H,

Thank you for your review on Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and in the city.

The hotel is very conveniently located for all types of visits. I am glad on this occasion you benefitted from this.

I am glad you felt comfortable in the hotel. We always aim to ensure our guest's have a relaxing, comfortable stay.

Thank you again for your feedback. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Danielle
Reception Team Leader
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at a number of premier inn hotels and this was not a good stay,first when checking inn there was about five people checking inn.but only one member of staff on the desk. our room 122 was very nice and a nice view over the dock.after a nice evening in liverpool we returned and went to bed at about 23.30 and we could hear every single dance tune from a near bye bar.this was untill about 1am.so if you stay at the weekend ask for a high floor room.we did get a full refund after we told the manager.regarding car parks its £15 on the dock side ..or 10 on the echo arena car park.for 24 hours.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
IanC463, Manager at Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear 46biggy46,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. I'm sorry your stay was marred by external noise.

Due to it's location some external noise may be experienced, and as you suggest, upper floor rooms are usually quieter.

We always endeavour to manage staffing levels in line with guest arrivals, however I'm sorry that you had to wait before being able to check in.

Thank you for your constructive feedback, and thanks again for your review.

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed for two nights and from the check in to the check out found the whole experience fantastic. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the food in the restaurant was very good. The location is excellent for exploring the Albert Dock attractions and Liverpool. The hotel is built into an old warehouse with many features retained which gives a lovely character. We slept well and had no noise or disturbance at all. Will be going again !

Dear Sreven S,

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to read your comments and really happy that you had a fantastic experience with us and Liverpool.

Thank you again for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed at premier inn for one night at albert dock, all clean, lovely bathroom and great bed. looking right out over the dock. Breakfast £8.25 all you can eat, excellent. If you book well in advance can get some really good deals. Staff all polite and helpful

Room Tip: room 160 excellent
1 Thank linda2360
Dear linda2360,

Thank you for posting a review of the hotel. Happy to read that we met all of oyur expectations.

Thank you once again for your review and your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Regards

Porthmadog, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

"A great nights sleep guaranteed" - or so they say.

I was very impressed with the hotel when we first arrived, the location was very convenient and the check-in staff were lovely. The building was stunning with exposed walls and beams..all was well, until I tried to go to sleep.

I've never heard such creaky floorboards in all my life, I was kept awake all night by the noise of people walking and talking in the corridor outside our room and above us. The walls and doors must be paper thin as I was woken by every single person that walked passed the room.

"Our best bed ever
Drift off in the warm burrow of a luxury* king-size Hypnos bed, supported by over a thousand pocket springs, snuggled under a toasty duvet topped with a choice of firm and soft pillows." - well they must've forgotten to put one in our room, the mattress was lumpy and horribly uncomfortable - the boyfriend's back's agony since coming back.

When we checked out and were asked if we'd slept well, I said no, it was very noisy I've barely slept a wink...the receptionist simply retorted "well, it is an old listed building" - well if that's your excuse, then insulate your floorboards, or don't promise me something you can't deliver. If you can't offer a quiet nights sleep in a listed building...don't buy a listed building to run a hotel!

Oh, and be warned about the parking...there's a carpark directly outside the hotel - very convenient...until you discover it's £15 to park! The frustration of this was compounded by the fact that the machines were broken and would only take coins..how many people carry £15 of coins in their wallet? We risked leaving the car for a minute and asked reception for change...we were told there was a car park a little further away that was discounted for Premier Inn customers...we decided that the £9 price-tag wasn't worth moving for.

Overall I'm thoroughly disappointed...Premier Inn were my budget hotel of choice (even if the price wasn't budget this time around), but I think I might go back to Travelodges after this experience.

Room Tip: We were told as we checked out to phone to book if we chose to stay here again - apparently we shoul...
1 Thank manzdavz
Dear manzdavz,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. I'm sorry you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

With regards the bed, and I note your reference to our current tv marketing campaign, there is a footnote highlighting that the bed roll out will take place over the year, we are duly awaiting our new beds.

The car parking arrangements are mentioned on our web page, and the options are made clear. We have no control over the payment methods for the car park immediately outside the hotel. I understand the Albert Dock owners are addressing the payment issue within the next few months.

The creaking floorboards are something we are looking to address, but this will be conducted with the backdrop of the listed status of the building, and so will be an ongoing programme to be jointly managed between ourselves and the landlord of the building.

I'm sorry you don't intend to return, however I do appreciate your feedback all the same.