“Lovely location”

Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock Hotel
Ranked #13 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
“Lovely location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel as I have been attending a conference. Fab location. The walls are stud partition and, if you have a noisy neighbour (as I did for two nights) it can be distracting. However, the staff are friendly and the breakfast is lovely although there were only three people on in the morning and it could get busy due to the amount of guests needed to get through. Excellent location for sightseeing and I intend to bring the family back so we can explore more of Liverpool.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Thevtwins
IanC463, Manager at Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Thevtwins,

Thank you for your review on Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us for a second time.

I am delighted that the team contributed to your stay. They will be happy they made your stay better. We have a great team here. I will be sure to pass on your comments.

The location of the hotel is perfectly located for all types of visits. I am happy that the location benefited you on this occasion.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Danielle
Reception Team Leader

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (864)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed for 4 nights. Lovely room overlooking the dock. Clean,friendly one of the better premier inns we have stayed in and have not found a bad one yet. We'll choose this one every time we come to Liverpool. Excellent location

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AlisonjayneHull
IanC463, Manager at Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear AlisonjayneHull,

Thank you for your review on Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Premier Inn have very high standards when it comes to ensuring all guests have a great stay where ever they are. I am delighted that you enjoy all Premier Inn's, especially the Albert Dock.

The views from the bedrooms are amazing. I am glad you got to experience our lovely dock views on this occasion.

Thank you for your feedback. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Danielle Nixon
Musselburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Great premier inn! Because its on the docks bit more pricey but worth it! Lovely stay! Quite central! Breakfast and dinner was great and also had pre-drinks at the bar before night out, good atmosphere! Worth the money definitely! Book well before trip to get a good deal!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank awj93
Dear awj93,

Thank you for your review on Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The hotel is perfectly located for all types of visitors. I am happy that the location benefited you on this visit.

Glad you enjoyed your dinner, and of course your pre-drinks. The views and original features in the hotel and restaurant give it a unique, and relaxed atmosphere. I am delighted you felt this during your stay.

Thank you for your feedback. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Danielle Nixon
Stoke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel was really good value, ideally located with friendly happy staff, clean comfortable rooms, lovely restaurant and bar, which offered happy hour 2 for 1 between 5-7pm. The breakfast is a hot & cold all you can eat self-service and the evening meal was gorgeous.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NickyStoke
IanC463, Manager at Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear NickyStoke,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. Very pleased to read that we met all of your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warwick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent location, very good service (Thumbs up for Nichola) and a moderately sized room. The only downside to my stay was the lack of vegan options on the food menu! I would definitely recommend if anyone asked though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AlexanderR1111
Dear Rneuve,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. I'm pleased to read that you would recommend us.

I'm sure Nicola will be delighted to see your comments, and she is a great asset to the hotel. Thank you once again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here before a year earlier, so when I had the opportunity to work in Liverpool again this hotel was at the top of my list.
Right on the marina. This authentic building is reminiscent of the old Liverpool made modern, the rooms are high standard of cleanliness and the on site restaurant and bar are a welcome addition if you arrive and just want to stay put and relax. The surrounding docks themselves are really modern and amazing views.
The staff here couldn't do enough for you to make your stay memorable. The girls in the restaurant were great, my son with his eating requirements was no trouble at all for the staff.
I looking forward to staying here again when I visit next.
Thanks all at the premier inn Albert Docks. X

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Bridget N
Dear Bridget N,

Thank you for posting a review of the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. We really do appreciate your most gracious comments.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Bedfordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have stayed in many Premier Inns, mainly because you can be assured of a comfortable bed. Well,not in this hotel! We were allocated a room, 103, and as soon as we walked in we were almost deafened by a woman screeching her head off through the (thin) partition wall in the adjacent room. Reception moved us immediately to a corner room (105) with only one adjoining wall, which was much better. But I digress... The beds! We opted for a twin room, and the beds were the worst I have slept in for a long time. You could actually feel the outline of the springs, and the bed managed to be both hard yet saggy - quite a feat! However, the room had a fab view over the Mersey, and opening windows, so we stayed put.

Car parking was fine for a city; quite close by and with the usual (welcome) hotel discount.

Breakfast was well up to the usual Premier Inn standards, with a good choice of food kept well stocked up by cheerful members of staff.

The room was not the cleanest Premier Inn room I have ever stayed in (bit of vacuuming round the edges required), but the bedding and towels were fine. As always, there are plenty of mirrors and a good amount of storage space. The lighting was a bit poor and had we been staying longer could have become annoying, but in a way it added to the character of the wonderful old building in which we were staying.

On balance, if I was to return to this area, I would stay in the Albert Dock area but in one of the many other hotels available. This one is just not up to the standard we have come to expect from Premier Inn when it comes to comfort.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room and one overlooking the river or the dock.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sootysmith13
Dear sootysmith13,

Thank you for posting a review of the Premier Inn Liverpool Albert Dock. I'm sorry we didn't quite meet all of your expectations.

I'm happy to read that the team transferred your room in response to the actions of others. The bed is a very subjective matter for the individual. Our beds, although not yet the new hypnos beds as advertised recently on national tv, do usually generate much positive feedback from guests.

I'm sorry the room was not as clean as it should have been, and I have conveyed your feedback to the housekeeping team.

Our rating would suggest we are far more better than your review would indicate, so please do consider us again, and I'm sure we will restore your faith in what is usually a wonderful hotel within a wonderful building.