“One of the worst night's 'sleep' of my life..”

and 1 more site!
Signature Living at Matthew Street
London
“One of the worst night's 'sleep' of my life..”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a hotel where people come to to party. It's in a part of town where people come to party. I didn't realise this until I was failing to get to sleep because the floor and windows were vibrating to the sound of the bass from a club on the same street.
I'd booked six months before, thinking "No 1 Liverpool hotel on Tripadvisor, what can go wrong?". I'd texted and asked for a quiet room. Katie, on reception, said I'd probably be OK as there were no Hen or Stags booked in. Perhaps Katie hasn't stayed in Moulin Rouge 1 which gets all the noise from the club until it closes at 0200am. Night staff said there were no rooms free to move me at 0130. I was so desperate to sleep I rang round other hotels but couldn't find anywhere with a room.
The room was lovely, the staff were incredibly friendly, but all this is no good to me without the relative quiet for sleep. Faye, the manageress, tried calling me several times after I'd left, but we didn't make contact. I think I should have done better research and not tried to stay in a party hotel in the party district of town. On the night I stayed it was just noise that was beyond the control of Signature Living that completely ruined my stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

had a amazing stay at signature living in Liverpool,i can not fault the hotel at all the staff are amazing and helpful, room was spectacular.. there is a hot-tub in the bathroom, really spacious rooms, lovely decorated,the hotel is situated in the city center so lots to do, shopping,restaurants and around the corner from the hotel is the nightlife.

Room Tip: no matter what room you will get it will be wonderful! each room has a different room e.g. the sex i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
lawrence1601, Owner at Signature Living at Matthew Street, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Melona,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review.
Both the staff and myself are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and the features of our accommodation which you can only find at Signature and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

i enjoyed my stay here, although it was a very short stay.

it would be perfectly suited to girls/boys weekend away, the room was big and a lovely bathroom.

I'd certainly recommend this place for a base for a party weekend, although equally good for a bit of boutique relaxing time, and perfect shopping location

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
lawrence1601, Manager at Signature Living at Matthew Street, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Mekon,

We would be very keen to here from you.
If you could contact me on 07759217094 to discuss your stay with us further I would appreciate it.

Faye Calvey
Manager
Signature living
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I have just got home from what in my sons words was "the best sleepover....EVER"

We stayed the night in the Bond Duplex for my sons 12th birthday along with 9 children and 3 adults.

On arrival we were welcomed at reception by a lovely young lady who couldn't help us enough.

Once we got to our apartment we were overwhelmed with how immaculate and stylish it was. The views of the Liverpool skyline were beautiful....we could have been in New York!!!

Once all the kids chose their beds they went downstairs to see the lovely lady on reception who loaned them some playstation games to play on the playstation provided in the room!!

This kept them quiet so the adults took advantage of the free tea and coffee in the immaculate kitchen which literally had everything you needed from washing up liquid to cutlery.

Once the boys realised that they had their own jacuzzi bath in their bathroom they couldn't wait to jump in. This wasn't a problem as the hotel provided us with plenty of fresh fluffy towels.

The hotel is located right in the heart of the city centre so we took advantage of this and took the boys out to see the sights.

Once back in the apartment the boys had another jacuzzi followed by a night playing the playstation and watching DVD's...whilst the adults took advantage of the peace and had a go in their very own jacuzzi we even watched the soaps in it and it really was bliss!!!!

As you can imagine the boys were determined to have an 'allnighter' which wasn't a problem as the adults had their own section of the apartment and we couldn't hear a peep out of them.

From start to finish we really enjoyed our experience and will be booking again in October for my 9 year old sonsv5 year anniversary of becoming type 1 diabetic. The boys are already asking "how many sleeps".

I highly recommend the Bond Duplex especially for birthday sleepovers it takes all the stress away from having it in your own home....and the staff at signature living really do have everything covered!!!

Till next time .....

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank DanielleD1979
lawrence1601, Owner at Signature Living at Matthew Street, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Danielle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your great review.

We are glad that you and the rest of your party have enjoyed your Bond stay with us and the features of our accommodation which you can only find at Signature.

We hope to welcome you back to stay.

wales
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The second time i have stayed at this wonderful hotel,i thought the 1st time was superb but this time was quite possibly one of the best rooms i have ever stayed in..2 of us were in the Moulin bedroom 1,two massive double beds,a superb bath,2 sofas & one of the best wetrooms i have seen on my travels,as you can see by my reviews i have been lucky enough to stay in some of the worlds top hotels&this one is up there at the very top...to all who are connected with Signature Living,as the commmentator famously said Take a bow, take a bow..Fantastic...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank red kop
Dear red kop,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your amazing review.

We appreciate your lovely comments regarding our accommodation, friendly staff and service. All our accommodation is very centrally located and boast amazing facilities second to none.
We do endeavor to make our guest stay with us the best possible experience that it can be.
Hope to see you again on your return to us.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Had a great time,everything we wanted was close by.Lovely apartment,could have stayed longer.Got a great deal and the staff were very helpful,especially Rob,would definitely go back again.Thanks to the staff. From Joan & Kathleen.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Joan & Kathleen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your lovely review.
So glad that you recommend us and will make sure your praise is pasted on to Rob.

We hope to welcome you back to stay, maybe even at 30 James Street, with hotel spa, so make sure you give that a try too.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We arrived at the hotel at the earliest possible check in time. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who was extremely helpful. All the staff there were helpful, friendly, courteous and extremely proud of the hotel and this showed in their approach. We stayed in The Casino Suite and this was simply amazing. The facilities and cleanliness were second to none. The presentation of the suite was very special with champagne and rose petals scattered throughout. We will certainly be returning and i would strongly recommend this hotel to anybody considering coming to Liverpool.
Maria Gill

Room Tip: All the rooms were amazing as we have friends that have stayed in several rooms before.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Johnzie1972
Dear John,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your great review.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your Casino stay with us and the features of our accommodation which you can only find at Signature.

We hope to welcome you back to stay, or try our new edition… 30 James Street with a hotel spa, so make sure you give that a try too.