“Really gone down hill in my opinion”

Buffet Club Restaurant
Ranked #410 of 1,679 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Really gone down hill in my opinion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I would just like to point out am not a complainer and believe in trying to resolve the issue in the place, but this is Very sad, we came to this restaurant as my sons enjoy it, as we have been a number of times! It was my eldest sons 12bday an he chose to go to this restaurant!! We sat down with a plate of starters to which the vegtable spring rolls tasted of perfume an my 6yr old commented on this, i then got a hot an sour soup and spat this out, vile didnt come close (i then complained an the waitres came back apologising there was too much sour in the soup an it has sat there all day! At this point my son came bk over from getting a sauce an said the chef had just stirred the food he was cooking an tasted it off the spoon an put the spoon back into the food. I then complained again and the manager was on the phone wanting to speak to me. To say he was arrogant and rude is an understatement, accusing me of eating 2plates off food and not wanting to pay! Am sorry but this is not what i was after!! If this was the case we wouldn't of ended up in macdonalds as we was hungry!! Very disappointed and will not be returning to this restaurant. Don't waist your money!!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Debbie J

“good food great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed next door in Royal Chambers so we used this restaurant twice during our stay. Both times we got great service and good food.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank joejames2020
liverpool.uk
“great value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Popped into this restaurant when visiting the royal liverpool hospital.
We found it spotlessly clean with a good variety of dishes. As it is a buffet , you can eat as much as you like. Staff were on hand if needed.
Standard of food was high.

Will visit again and tell friends where to go for a good , cheap , meal.
Recommened

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank dianemc
North West UK
“Barely edible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

The worst Chinese buffet I've been to bi a country mile. Good was barely got treated vile and the ability to char sui pork fat was a wonder to behold if not taste.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank padian
“Typical buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I came on a cold Saturday afternoon so welcomed the hot and sour soup as my first course! The place is very clean and modern and the staff efficient.

£6.50 all you can eat lunch was good value and in addition to the soup I had prawn crackers, chicken wings, wonton, spring rolls, chicken skewers and ribs.

Main course choices were varied. The curry was good as were all the dishes. The fried rice, noodles and chips were all good.

There was a full selection of fruit, jelly, cake and ice cream for those with a sweet tooth!

Overall, I'd recommend, The food was good although not as good as ordering fresh off a menu but then again, it's buffet, and good value at that!

• Visited January 2014