“Just ok”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Just ok”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Went on Sun 10th February for lunch. Didn't have any soup ready so not a very good start. Had the lamb which was very tough and stringy and veg very hard. Only plus point was that it was quantity over quality. Won't be rushing back.

• Visited February 2013

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“5*”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My husband and I invited family over to visit this restaurant over the christmas period. I have to say the food was excellent as was the service. I must say when we last visited Eight in October 2012 I have to say we found it quite poor as in quality of food and presentation, but due to good feed back recently by friends and family we decided to return. We were very impressed with improved standards and will be returning more often.

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“I would not bother”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Visited this restaurant after reading good reviews about the food and atmosphere. So was really looking forward to a birthday celebration here.
Could not have been more disappointed
Food was appalling and service was poor.
The manager really could not have cared less when we complained about most of the hot food we ordered being served as cold???
I would not bother visiting here again, unless you want to experience really poor service and food suitable only for a bin

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Jo H
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will be going back this weekend”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Visited ei8ht last night due to having voucher which we won in a xmas raffle. We had a 3 course meal and a bottle of house wine. I had the homemade vegetable soup and my girlfriend had a very tasty homemade springroll. I had the 12oz sirloin steak, cooked rare perfectly and my girlfirend had the chicken fillet burger, which was very juicy, and fresh ciabatta bread. The waiter was very attentive and lets us take a very long break before we ordered dessert. We both had the sticky toffee pudding which was huge!! but we both still finished it due to it being so good. It was a great surprise to find a such a quality place at such good prices!! Going back for dinner with the in-laws on friday to eat and see the live entertainment!!

1 Thank dave w
liverpool
“if you like Tesco value bread this is the place”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I have been here a few times, but my last experience here following my recommendation has absolutely changed this.
The food was appalling, served on the cheapest bread that you can find, and when we complained nothing happened, the waitress spoke to the chef (that must be the worst misnomer I can think off) except that we were given the bill.
There was another couple in the restaruant(?) at the same time who described their steak as grey - yum yum, makes Tesco horse bugers seem genuinely appealing.

My husband went at night and spoke to the manager who virtually shrugged his shoulders and said he knew nothing about it and gave the very very strong impression that it made no difference to him

The mark of any sort of decent restaurant is how you deal with problems and solve them to the customers satisfaction. Obviously with Eight they deal with it by just ignoring any problem that you may have and are only intent on getting the money from you.

So if you go to Eight, be careful. If the food is rubbish using the cheapest ingredients then that is your problem. By the way, the manager was told that I was going to write this and he wasn't bothered, not good.

2 Thank mboyLiverpool