“A good place to stay, with a competent host!”

and 1 more site!
Elegant House Liverpool B&B
Ranked #8 of 77 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Oslo, Norway
“A good place to stay, with a competent host!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

We are a family of four (with children of 11 and 15 years) who visited Liverpool 28 September to 2nd of October. Our stay was roughly planned from home, but thanks to John (the host) and his input, the trip became very eventful, with a good mix of visits to museums, historic buildings, art exhibitions, city-walks, architecture, urban areas and surroundings. The residence is just outside the city center, but we did not experience this as negative. Perhaps it was because of the good and long breakfasts, the parks which are close by, or just because your view on the town just became more completed. We will use this as our residence for future visits!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Einar L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

大赞!!!老板人特别nice!!!
This was my first time to live in liverpool. I really enjoyed my night in Elegant House.This is a quaint little B&B in a Liverpool. Host John is extremely friendly and knowledgable about the area. He is very helpful in navigating me around the city. The breakfast was traditional british breakfast. I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is a quaint little B&B in a Liverpool neighborhood. John is extremely friendly and knowledgable about the area. He was very helpful in navigating me around the city. The room I had was spacious and comfortable. The morning breakfasts were excellent in the very nice kitchen/dining area. Although I didn't take much advantage of the entertainment room it was nice and looked like a great place for a night in playing games or watching the tv.
There is a cat in the household but Mr. Wendy seems friendly and he didn't bother me at all.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Lyon, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed at Elegant House for the last night of a short stay in the region. After re-checking the address on the phone with John in the afternoon, we met later and stayed the whole evening to hide from the rain. Our host was very welcoming and made us feel comfortable. The room was big and nicely furnished. The whole interior decoration reminded me of some nice north europe/scandinavian design (not sure) I had seen and liked before. That and the great breakfast in the morning together with some good discussions with John made it a good experience. I would come back there and therefore recommend it to any traveller.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Our group of 5 adults had a great 2 nights at Elegant House. John was a friendly and knowledgable host. We loved the continental breakfast and chatting with John in the morning. The rooms were large and comfortable and the bathroom was new and clean. Thanks John for a memorable stay in Liverpool. All the best, the gang from Australia!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon Y
Brighton, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I got lost on my way to Elegant House and ended up in Liverpool's Chinatown. It is possible to walk to this B&B from Lime Street station, but I would thoroughly recommend taking a bus - there are lots going in that direction - and it may save you having to flag down a cab like me! That said, once I had been armed with John’s excellent maps (tourist and hand-drawn), getting to the Tate by foot the next morning was no problem at all.

Elegant House has been open as a B&B since October 2012, and parts of it are still being adapted. The downstairs bedrooms and bathroom seem more finished in terms of decoration than the upstairs rooms. My upstairs bathroom was still waiting for its mirror, bathmat and soap. Yes, soap!

However, the unique selling point of Elegant House is not its quirky fixtures and fittings, but the sheer exuberance of its host and his consummate skill in preparing the best, most unusual breakfast I’ve ever tasted. Gorgeous bread with ‘postcode’ honey – yes, there’s a story that goes with that! A pear poached in red wine. Granola and muesli soaked in apple juice, yoghurt, melon, lychees, fresh cherries, relishes – and if I’d wanted them: eggs, smoked salmon, ham – the list goes on! John is a perfectly charming host, a fund of information and stories. I won’t tell you any of them, because I believe you need to stay at Elegant House to hear them for yourself.

Room Tip: Even though the downstairs rooms have to share a bathroom, at time of writing (July 2013) they are c...