“Needs to be more consistent”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn Beer Emporium - CLOSED

Inn Beer Emporium
More attraction details
Owner description: Inn Beer Emporium is in the heart of Liverpool City Centre, offering over 100 different Beers Ales and Ciders.Everything from Real Cask Ale(a must for Real Ale Lovers) to Fruit Ciders We also offer an excellent snack menu. We also have 2 wide screen tv's to watch the latest football games on, you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook. Come and visit, we will offer you a warm welcome.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Needs to be more consistent”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I first started coming here when the bar opened last year. It started off with a few hiccups as the bar staff didn't really know what they were doing. I think they had been poached from the adjoining Caesars restaurant but hadn't been given proper training on how to pull a pint of real ale.

The service improved over the months but the beer consistency has gone downhill after quite a few bad experiences over the past year with dodgy pints. They used to have 3 ales from Liverpool Craft Beer Co. on tap, but this has dropped to two, and on some occasions just one; and when I went in a couple of weeks ago they had no real ale on at all, so I went up the road to the Dispensary.

When I went in last week I asked for a pint of the Liverpool Craft IPA - the bar maid gave me a funny look and said "I think it's off, do you want to try it?". I sampled some and yes, it was off. So I asked for a pint of the Liverpool Craft Red. I drank about a third of the pint and realised that this was also off; so I walked out!

As for the foreign lagers on tap and the bottled beers - they have a good range, but some are overpriced. Other pubs in Liverpool sell BrewDog Punk IPA on tap, for example, but for a lot less; and a friend was once charged £4.75 for a pint of German dunkel lager.

They have such a good concept at Inn Liverpool, but few people seem to know about this place, hence, why it's always nearly empty, even though it is right next to quite a lot of other pubs and bars. The prices for the foreign lagers and beers needs to be reduced, and the quality of the real ale needs to be improved, especially as it's very cheap at £2.70 a pint. Perhaps the staff need some lessons in how to clean the lines and look after the beer!

Sticking a "beer emporium" onto the side of a restaurant (Caesars) should have been done with a bit more planning and better market research!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank matt_pool

Liverpool England
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 217 helpful votes
“Very Modern Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

Went here with my son, very modern bar, bright and clean, bargirl was very friendly and advised on all the different beers. Pity it was not full but from outside you cannot tell its a pub / bar, it looks like a Days Inn hotel entrance and windows are high so you cannot see in, management need to address this as its not going to catch passing trade, but highly recommended, toilets were spotless with nice handwashes etc which is a real bonus in my book

Visited January 2013
Wallasey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Comfy new bar to visit a must warm and friendly informative staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

Enjoyed a fruit beer bar staff friendly and welcoming lovely and warm comfy and cosy will return over the Xmas holiday

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Came here saturday evening, before a meal at the nearby Caesars. The place is lovely inside and offers an excellent choice. From speaking with the barman I think they have around 100 bottle beers and 10 draughts and cask ale too and they were more than helpful in helping me choose the right one. INN has a great vibe and atmosphere and I'll be returning soon!!

Visited September 2012