“It was ok”
Review of Liverpool Lodge

Liverpool Lodge
Ranked #62 of 76 Liverpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

First of parking not to bad lots of CCTV cameras outside and inside (rough area ??? ) check in easy nice lady, but wanted photo Id (strange) they may take a copy of it !!!! V small room no kettle for t, would stay again if desperate.over all it was ok could do with improving.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank neil g

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is the worst accommodation I have EVER stayed in. I do not know where to begin!
I was sharing a room with a friend and the bed was not big enough for both of us to sleep comfortably and we didn't get much sleep! We asked for a twin room and was given a bed that couldn't even fit us both in. (not much bigger than single)
Our room did not have a window, and was very very hot!! I felt like we were in prison throughout the entire stay. There were no tea or coffee facilities available which is stated in the information about the facilities. We had to share a toilet and shower with many other people.
The TV did not work and the plugs did not work properly and was hard for us to charge our phone. It was a huge struggle to get our suitcases up the stairs as it was very narrow and our suitcases were very heavy.
In the morning, the basic food items were offered, however we had to serve our own food, for example cook our own eggs. Once we had eaten we had to empty our plates and put them in the sink.
The lady in charge was very unhelpful when it comes to the expected service. She gave us no help on where to go and was rude from the offset and throughout. The manager and only staff member available was not always on site, which was a problem, especially when trying to check in or out.
I did not have a window, however when I was in the corridor, the view that I had was of barbed wire.
A couple of taxi drivers while transporting us did not know where the place was and advised us not to stay there.
The area is very rough and I felt very unsafe staying there.
Do not be deceived by the photos, as the hotel does not look like the pictures at all.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank 641CharS
Reviewed 19 March 2014

room was double booked and I wasn't told till I arrived but was offered other accommodation at 'the house', put on the spot you could say so in my mind I knew I either had to accept or sleep on the streets knowing full well everywhere else was booked or any that weren't would cost the earth for a Saturday night!

The man and woman that greeted me were very friendly and offered me all kinds of options including a house, the house being the easiest option for me as I just needed to freshen up and get back out, a ten minute walk away and I'm shown the house which is lived in by the man's grandfather who spoke hardly a word of English but was very friendly and accommodating and I was left to my own devices.

I never made it back that night and ended up crashing at my mates pub due to a no show so never experienced a full stay, house was very cold when I arrived but the heating was put on immediately, generally seemed very clean but some areas where in a poor state of repair, the room had a bolt on the inside of the door to at least give you some security being in a strangers home.

Paid £30 for a room 30 minutes walk from Lime Street so can't grumble with that, plenty of shops for groceries and a pharmacy on the way, was looking for something very cheap as all I needed was a bed and none of the usual mod cons you could say a hotel gives and that's exactly what I was given, would I stay here again? Not sure now I've experienced but it was cheap and had I not been on my own I may have felt different about the experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Warm and clean throughout, comfy beds, towels provided. £4 in taxi to city centre (Delta cars). We arrived earlier than expected but the manageress said it was fine. There were 6 of us so we had a triple room, a double & a single. All rooms were ready for us with a snack basket & fruit juices. The triple room was in the attic conversion, very spacious but we could hear everything that went on in the room next door! There are shared bathrooms on the first 2 floors but not the top floor. The stairs to the top floor are very steep so if you have lots of luggage or problems with stairs ask for the first floor! The bathrooms were spotless. The breakfast room is large and spacious, with tables set for everyone. Its 'help yourself' with a large choice of fresh fruit, cereals, cheese, tomatoes, boiled eggs, bread, fruit juice, tea & coffee...great after a night out on the town!!! The taxi drivers told us that Kensington is a 'red light' area and to be careful at night as we were female!! However we never saw any sign of 'the ladies of the night' and while its not the best area in Liverpool its certainly not the worst! We paid £25 each for 1 night, great value for money in my opinion. Ive paid more & stayed in worse places!!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 7 & 8 unless your party is having both of them and you don't need to use the bat...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jayne H
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Clean room, not a bad location and around £4 in a taxi to town. Towels provided and clean linen. A simple room but when every hotel was booked in liverpool this place did the job just fine.

The ensuite had a urinal in it and n ot a full w/c toilet so not sure if that was in every room but very handy if your a bloke.

The manager was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank The_Sheriff
Reviewed 1 September 2013

It is cheap and affordable if your looking for place to stay. Accessible to City Centre and you can get there by taxi which doesn't cost you much. You can also walk there if you fancy. It is close to Football Stadium and other attraction. Room is always clean and there is a basket full of snacks which is overwhelming. They always change the towel everyday and the bedding. I stayed in a small room because there is no big room available that time and it was fine. At least you will have your own privacy. Toilet and bathroom is tidy though it was shared bathroom and you need to go out and walked couple of steps..But not too bad. There is a breakfast ready with different variety's of cereal, fruit, toast and boiled egg. You can eat as much as you want. Not all hostel do this. This is not a Five star hotel in the world so if you are Fussy but wanted to pay less..I don't think you can get hotel or B&B that you're looking for. You can get what you pay for remember that.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Majo T
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

This is no 5 star palace of divine opulence, but nor is it advertised as such. The welcome was friendly, the room was clean, and the en-suite urinal was an hilarious surprise. It costs less than £4 to get a taxi into the centre, and as a place to crash for the night it served its purpose well.

• Stayed: August 2013