“Prime location, lovely apartments”

Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #28 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My stay here was for 4 nights on a Monday to Friday basis and it did not dissappoint! I visit Liverpool quite regularly to visit family and like to experience new places to stay and this was brilliant! Very relaxing, fab apartment and nice and peaceful. I truly enjoyed my stay here and would very happily recommend this accommodation to anyone wishing to visit Liverpool. Fab!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ang62
H7332GM, Front Office Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear Ang62,
Thanks for your review. The team and I would like to thank for your positiv comment and hope to welcome you back in the near future. Gabor Pfeffermann - Front Office Manager - Adagio Liverpool Centre

There are newer reviews for Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Very clean hotel. Has a fitness room and laundry facility which makes life convenient when travelling! Grocery store was just across the street along with many restaurants and within walking distance to the larger shopping areas. Taxi lines were nearby and quite convenient. Hotel staff was exceptional and helpful in many ways. I was moving my daughter from the states to college at LIPA, so we were complete strangers to the area. The staff at Adagio welcomed us graciously and answered all my questions. I didn't know about the L100 deposit that was required, but since this is a hotel/apartment facility it could be expected. We stayed in the one room apartment and it was perfect for my daughter and I. It had a kitchen, comfy beds, lots of rooms, and all the amenities needed for a week's stay. Since the hotel is fairly new, the zipcode was not yet on the GPS which was a little inconvenient for the car service, but we found it with little delay. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca M
H7332GM, Front Office Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Rebecca M,
Thank you for your review. Me and my staff are happy to see you have enjoyed your stay at Adagio Liverpool and hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Gabor Pfeffermann - Front Office Manager - Adagio Liverpool Centre

Reviewed 25 September 2013

This apart hotel is located in the middle of the touristic and shopping area of Liverpool. Almost every attraction and restaurants are in walking distance. The rooms are excellent, very spacious, with kitchen, bedroom, living room and dinning room. Modern design and very clean.
The only negative point is the entrance, which is in a side street, not in the level of the hotel.
I recommend it to everyone going to Liverpool in business or leisure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear CBoris,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to see you have enjoyed your stay at Adagio Liverpool and that you like the concept of our Aparthotel. The main entrance will be by the reception once all the construction will be done.
I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Gabor Pfeffermann - Front Office Manager

Reviewed 23 September 2013

What a Very Strange Place. First impressions aren't great, building looks derelict and entrance is around a very grotty side entrance. Door is locked and you can only access via your Room Key, so, when arriving to check in, you have to "Buzz" Reception. Entrance Hall looks like the Stair Access in Primark - You enter into a very plain, daunting empty room, with no reception, you have to take the lift up to the Reception, again, the Reception feels like a "waiting surgery", probably the most uninviting Reception I have Ever Come Across.

Staff are in a "World of their Own", Small Blonde Receptionist, very abrupt, with a (can't be [--]) attitude, you get the impression that you have interrupted their day by turning up. Tall Dark Foreign Receptionist, tried to be friendly, but this was lost in Translation.

I think this Aparthotel will struggle to gain "repeat customers".

Issues:- The £100.00 deposit per room, is obscene, I have stayed in hotels all over the World, and this is the first time I have been asked to pay £100.00 deposit upfront.

Parking - this is non-existent and access to hotel to drop off baggage and then park isn't easy. We ended up having to leave our car at St. John's Market over night.

You can't fault the rooms, they are lovely, and very quiet, although you would expect this as it is a brand new hotel. As previously said though, the twins are pushed together and roll all over the place - although very comfortable.

We had issues with Security whilst here, staff in our room for no reason, which left a bad taste in the mouth.

We would only stay again if we got a very good deal, and had no car with us, plenty of other hotels In Liverpool far more friendlier and with better facilities.

To Sum Up, Liverpudlians are renowned over the World for their Character and Hospitality, but unfortunately, not here. Would only stay again if I couldn't find anywhere else.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amandamanx
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thanks for your comments, I am sorry to learn that you experienced some issues during your stay with us. All guest comments are used in staff training and to help improve the services offered by the aparthotel.
Richard Carline - General Manager - Adagio Liverpool Centre

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed here in Aug 2013. Love the 'aparthotel' idea - so nice to have a small kitchen in which to have a few meals if choose to do so. Very clean hotel and spacious. Grocery store within 1 block. Also within a few blocks of the train station.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen Z
H7332GM, Front Office Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Eileen Z,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to see you have enjoyed your stay at Adagio Liverpool and that you like our concept. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future. Gabor Pfeffermann - Front Office Manager - Adagio Liverpool

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Booked an apartment for 4 days / nights for a city break. Have stayed in Liverpool numerous times and wanted to try something different. The price was reasonable and location good.
On first impressions, the entrance to the building is down a side street and when dark it looks a bit dodgy. You enter with a key card as there is no staff on this floor. The door broke after our first day so the entrance was always open, and the door was really heavy.
Reception is one floor up. Had a quick check in and the staff were friendly. They will take a £100 deposit from you at this time. I got it back really quick with no problem at check out.

The corridors are really modern and bright. Room was quite small but actually big enough for 2 people. I saw another room a friend was staying in and it was much bigger for the same price.

There was 2 single twin beds, 2 armchairs and a table in the living area. The kitchen area was really small, but not all are the same size. Its well stocked with everything you need, crockery, cutlery, utensils. Only grumble was the cupboards are so high up that neither of us could reach the bowls / cups without sitting up on the worktop! Im not tiny, 5 ft 3 but could hardly reach anything!
Tip - if youre here for a few days i would recommend buy a cheap toaster. There is an option on the microwave to make toast but took forever and was terrible!

Agree with previous reviews about mirrors - theres hardly any.
Also the bathroom and toilet was a seperate room which was a bit annoying.

I will be staying here again, i liked the place it was fine for our needs. Il be bringing a toaster and more mirrors though.

Plenty shops nearby for stocking the fridge.

Room Tip: I wouldnt know what to say to ask for the room our friends had, but was much better than ours.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank carolbscotland
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Carolbscotland, Thanks for your review, glad to see you and your friends enjoyed your stay at our aparthotel. The automatic entrance doors have now been repaired, although if a person enters without a valid apartment key the only level they can access is the reception floor and not the floors where the apartments are located.
Following guest comments we are looking at installing toasters into the apartments in the following months.
I do hope we can welcome you back to Adagio Liverpool.

Kind Regards
Richard Carline - General Manager - Adagio Liverpool Centre

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I came here for my hen do and had a fantastic time in Liverpool, unfortunately the female receptionist seemed to have a problem with the group. We were shocked there was a £100 deposit per room that was not clear on booking and from that point talked to my friend like she was an idiot.
Every encounter was unpleasant through the three days however this was not the case with the lovely night security who seemed more than happy to help.
It is such a shame such a miserable, angry person is employed to be the face of the hotel. It seems to me if it is not obvious and we are shocked that the appropriate behaviour from her should not be rudeness. In my experience working for a hotel chain as a teenager every opportunity should be taken to make people come away feeling they had a nice stay even if the customer is wrong they are not stupid and in fact make up a businesses livelihood.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Philli4000
H7332GM, Guest Relations Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Philli4000,
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to see you had such encounters with the day team and will take all comments on board. I am glad to see you found the night security to be of a high standard. I do hope we will welcome you back in the near future. Kind Regards, Chloe McMillan