“way better than it looks online”

Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #23 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 18 December 2013

It felt like home, very warm reception from reception.
It was a bit confusing to know where the reception was, realised other new guests seemed as me. I showed a few the way to the reception which was to take the lift and click level 0, as you come into the hotel from level -1. Also might need to have someone to help with luggage. In all very beautiful hotel which immediately transcends to home for her guests. It is a must stay for me when next I am in Liverpool. Close to everywhere, so I had lovely walks to all the must sees in Liverpool except of course the Anfield stadium.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Tamunodienye M, Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Adagio Liverpool Centre and for your 5 * rateing. My team and I are pleased you felt like you were home from home.
I do hope we can welcome you back again. Look forward to seeing you next time.
Richard Carline - General Manager - Adagio Liverpool Centre

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Just stayed at this newly created apartment/hotel in the centre of Liverpool. Fantastic location. The front door straight opposite the exit of the train station from which we had just traveled. The reception staff were courteous and efficient, allowing us to enter our room ahead of time. The room was very clean, compact and adequately equipped. The pull down bed however, whilst comfortable, afforded little space to get in and out of bed, particularly when you had to factor in the pillar at on side and negotiate the hard edges underneath the mattress (legs now black and blue). The room was cold for the first couple of hours and after two requests the issue was righted. The biggest disappointment was that upon asking for 0NE extra pillow, we were informed that there would be a charge. At £75 for the night (with no breakfast included) we thought this was atrocious!

Room Tip: Ask about the pillars and if you need more than one pillow ask how much more you will have to pay
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Peacefield123
H7332GM, Front Office Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Lynn285, Thank you for your review. My staff and I appreciated your comments, which will encourage us to improve our efforts. I am happy to see you have found our bed confortable but sorry to experience the difficulty between the post and the bed. I would like to offer you my sincere appology for any inconvenience caused. We do have a spare pillow in our Apartments as per our standard and only have extra pillows in case of any damages. Kind Regards, Gabor Pfeffermann - Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great location near city centre and nice hotel. Enjoyed the stay very much except for the door banging. My room was near the elevators and the door to the hallway separating the elevator area from the hallway to the rooms closed with a bang every time someone went through the doorway. Seems like this would be easy to fix by adjusting the closing mechanism. Luckily I was pretty tired and guests didn't arrive at all hours of the night. Still I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Prof_Bobito,
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of Adagio Liverpool. I am delighted to see you have enjoyed your stay and would recommend our Aparthotel. The doors on our corridors are fire doors must be closed at all times however it should not disturb our guests and I will look into that and see if we can adjust the closing mechanism. Me and my team would like to wish you Merry Christmas and hope to welcome you back in the near future. Kind Regards, Gabor Pfeffermann - Front Office Manager

Reviewed 10 December 2013

A 3 night stay here was just that..... terrific.

Never even heard of this chain before booking with booking.com and we are glad we came across this aparthotel.

We were in Liverpool for a Man Utd game in Manchester as we much prefer to stay in Liverpool and just commute for the match day itself, Liverpool in our opinion is a much better city all round.

The one bedroom apartment we used was absolutely spotlessly clean with all modern fixtures and fittings, easy to use shower and a small kitchen which had everything to let you cook and wash dishes if you wanted to.

We had a minor issue with the in-room safe and that along with a request for extra pillows was dealt with within minutes by the duty manager Joe, terrific service.

The £100 security deposit was refunded to the credit card on check out with no problem, the key card entry for security was a good feature and should be mandatory in any big city.

The complex is right in the old John Lewis store which fronts on to Renshaw Street but access is through the side of the building on Fairclough Street where you are literally just steps away from Central Station.

We used public transport so can't comment on car parking obviously but unless you really need to take your car into Liverpool the public transport service is very frequent and reliable,

Given that Liverpool hotel rates can be pricey this accommodation is certainly worth checking out and you are smack bang in the centre of the city within minutes walk to most things.

Absolutely no hesitation in recommending the Adagio Liverpool.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Neilevan, Thank you for your recent review. My staff and I appreciated your comments, which will encourage us to keep up our efforts to serve our guests and live up to their expectations.I am glad you have found everything convenient for a good saty in Liverpool. I will also post your positive commets to Joe. Thank you for your recommendation and hope to welcome you back at Adagio Liverpool in the near future. Kind Regards, Gabor Pfeffermann - Front Office Manager

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Just back from a 3 night long weekend in these apartments and they were fab! Stayed in a twin room with sister and as well as being in an excellent location the apartment was equipped with everything yu could need and the free wifi is a real bonus. Wasn't expecting any housekeeping service but the beds were made every day, lovely fresh towels left and room tidied. Room on 3rd floor had lovely views of the city and you wouldn't know anyone else was staying it was so quiet in the room. Everything was so relaxed, staff lovely efficient and friendly - will definitely stay here when I'm back for my next trip which hopefully will be very soon!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

LitteMissSunshine, Thanks for taking the time to leave your review following your recent stay with us at Adagio Liverpool Centre. My team and I are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again next time.
Regards - Richard Carline - General Manager - Adagio Liverpool Centre

Reviewed 3 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stayed here for 2 nights. It's right in the centre of the city, super clean, comfy beds with the added bonus of the fridge freezer and microwave. Bargain price, friendly staff. Definitely recommend!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe N
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

makeshiftteapot, Thanks for taking the time to review of Adagio Liverpool Centre and thanks for your recomendation, I do hope we can welcome you again next time you are visiting Liverpool.
Richard Carline - General Manager - Adagio Liverpool Centre