“security guard entring our room”

Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #25 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We were a group of students visiting Liverpool and this accommodation for the first time, they insisted on a £200 deposit from us against damages we thought that was fair so we agreed, the following morning I woke to find £100 missing from my hand bag, I did complain to the reception lady (Shannon who was most helpful).

She said that the hotel management would be in touch nothing!

The police were informed but due to lack of evidence nothing could be done.

Sadly the key entry records show that one of the security guards entered into our room on the basis that our friends room next door was left ajar, still haven't got my money back draw your own conclusions.

Good apartments nice surroundings pity about this experience.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank sgw825
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

sgw825 - Thanks for your comments, Please allow me to express my apologies for the incident during your stay with us, I was most concerned to learn of this incident.

The police have investigated your claims and due to insufficient evidence are not taking the case any further.

For guests safety and security a safe is provided in all apartments and should be used for any valubales left in the apartment.

Kind Regards - Richard Carline - General Manager - Adagio Liverpool Centre

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Normally, I go by the price of a hotel to be able to tell whether it's worth staying in, (snobbish? Perhaps) but this four star took me by surprise at only £95 for a Friday night in the city centre.. The photographs looked okay so I went ahead and gave it a shot...

PERFECT. To my surprise the apartments were absolutely gorgeous, kitchen had everything! Including pans and even a blender! Bathroom was stunning and everywhere was spotless.
One minor thing was that the freezer made a strange sound for about 15 minutes at 3am, but when we called reception they offered another room for us to stay for the rest of the night! It had stopped by then though, so we were fine.

Drinks are also so reasonable! £1 for a coke and £1.90 for a J20... £2.75 for alcohol and around £12 for a bottle of wine... Happy!

Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank steph_cunningham95
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Steph_cunningh... Thanks for your loveley review of Adagio Liverpool City Centre following your stay.
We are classified by Visit England as a 4 * serviced apartment, so slightly different to a hotel grading.
Great to see that you will be coming to stay with us again.

We look forward to see you next time.

Richard Carline - General Manager - Adagio Liverpool City Centre

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights - 3 of us in a suite with 2 rooms and a kitchenette. We thought it was great. Very clean and comfy in a central location. Also very quiet which is always good for a City centre place. View of scaffolding from window wasn't great but all the things you'd want were here and because it is new everything is in very good condition. Only 5 mins walk from all the shopping, attractions, and the station.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank sussexlive
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Sussexlive - Thanks for your review, Great to hear that you enjoyed our location in the heart of Liverpool and enjoyed your stay in our soundproofed apartments.

Hope to see you next time.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Me and some friends stayed here for a night visiting from London. The room was amazing and although we weren't in there for long as we wanted to hit the town our stay was made even better by a girl. I think her name was Shannon? dark hair; she treated me and my friends amazingly. Spoke to us professionally yet like she knew us for years. She gave us recommendations for our night out and if I weren't for her our night out wouldn't have been as good! Thankyou Shannon! We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Clearlyben1
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Clearlyben1 - Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I will share your comments with the team and especially to Shannon - high praise indeed.

The team and I are glad you enjoyed your visit to Adagio Liverpool City Centre and your night out in Liverpool.

See you next time.

Richard Carline - General Manager - Adagio Liverpool City Centre

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Central location, quiet comfy and clean. Didn't have breakfast as the charge is expensive and there are plenty of cafes nearby. The extra 30 pound for a late check out was a bit steep too and some tea/coffee etc would add a nice touch, but no other complaints.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lan0112

Lan0112 - Thanks for taking the time to share your views following your recent stay with us @ Adagio Liverpool City Centre. Great to see you had a quiet and comfy stay with us.

After check out time we have a Free Luggage storage at reception.

I do hope we can welcome you back again.

Richard Carline, General Manager, Adagio Liverpool City Centre

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Adagio for 5 nights. Really good hotel. Staff were friendly, professional and welcoming. Location perfect. Very central for shops, restaurants and Liverpool entertainment venues. Excellent value for money. Already booked to return in March 2014. We would certainly recommend ADAGIO liverpool to family friends and business colleagues.

Room Tip: Top floor front facing room with bath.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michaelspoons45
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Michaelspoons45 - Thanks for your positive review of Adagio Liverpool,

Great to see that you have already booked for your next stay in March.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel has only recently opened and is still in the process of being finished...the entrance being a small side door rather than an announcement of its presence. Don't however let this put you off as the rooms and facilities are fabulous, as is the service with staff being on hand within seconds of raising a query. The location is central yet the rooms were very quiet with no disturbance, the views aren't great but that can be said of every hotel I stay in. The rooms are well equipped with comfortable beds (my husband is over 6 ft and had no issues), fully working TVs, free safes etc. The kitchenette was sparkling and well equipped but I have to question who decides what to put in; I would imagine that the majority of guests are short stay and would benefit a toaster and cafetiere rather than a casserole dish, filter coffee pot and dishwasher. We didn't eat in the hotel as we found the £12 charge for breakfast very expensive, particularly as you can make your own or choose from a variety if neighbouring restaurants / pubs. The room service menu seemed reasonable though we chose not to stay in.
All in we found is hotel a great base and good value and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roxy30031
H7332GM, General Manager at Aparthotel Adagio Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Roxy30031, Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Adagio Liverpool City Centre, I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your comments regarding the kitchen equippment, I will forward these to our product developemnt department.

I look forward to welcoming you again next time you are visiting Liverpool.