“Just what we have come to expect.”

Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Liverpool One) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Just what we have come to expect.”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed in The Premier Inn (Liverpool One) for one night (should have stayed for two really). We usually pick a Premier Inn for our city breaks as we know that we should get a decent hotel at a reasonable price.

This hotel has a great location slap bang in the city centre. You can park in the multi-storey next door (cost us £15 for 24 hours). The hotel staff very top notch and a credit to the company from reception to bar / breakfast and even a cheery 'morning' from the room staff.

I can imaging it would be a lively place to stay at the weekend! Although I notice that it can be really pricey on a Friday and Saturday.

1 Thank Darren C
sha12375, General Manager at Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Liverpool One) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your lovely feedback; we look forward to welcoming you again soon

Sharon Higham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Turkish first
Dinas Powys, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Went for 2 nights, great location to all shops. Nightlife was excellent around there. Hotel staff were very polite and friendly. Able to leave luggage when you check out so able to walk around and go more shopping until time for your train.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Kim G

Rugby
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We wanted to stay in Liverpool One as it is close to all the new shops (including John Lewis), Albert Dock, Museums, Theatres and our favourite restaurant Chrystakis.
It lives up to all Lenny Henry's adverts. Our room was on the corner, so slightly wedge shaped but large, with a good sized bathroom.
I think it could have done with a couple of easy chairs, it only had one upright chair.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Liz H

Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Our first experience of a premier Inn,and have to say ,it was most comfortable.We were attending a show at the echo arena, and it was well situated for this.We checked in one hour early, but were told our room was ready. Room was spotless,nice and warm,and had everything we needed, o.k.the view was a car park , but we did not intend to syay in and look out of the window.We slept well,no noise, and our breakfast was great.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor, it was very quiet, there are two lifts which seemed adequate.
3 Thank Beverley L
Dear Guest

Many Thanks for your lovely feedback; I hope you enjoyed the show
We look forward to welcoming you again soon

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Always stay premier inn, but this was the first time I had used the meal deal up-sell. I will not do so again. I had paid for breakfast and dinner, and booked a table for 2130. I arrived at 2130 to reception after a long journey, was told the restaurant was open until 2200. I arrived at the restaurant by 2140 for my booked table to be told that food was over and the chef had finished for the night. I explained that I had both booked and paid for my meal, and that reception told me that the restaurant was open until 2200, to be told that they were quiet and so had closed for the night. The restaurant were not interested in resolving this. The receptionist, who were all excellent throughout my stay was much more helpful, and I did ultimately get seated and was served a meal. I did see the chef, who was clearly surly and not happy to be working all of his shift as he chatted with the bar staff in his dirty whites.
When my food arrived; my starter was cool in the middle, my main arrived whilst still eating my starter, and the chips had clearly been poorly cooked in cool oil. I left before my dessert arrived.
Breakfast service was uninspiring, but of acceptable quality.
On the second night I was so disappointed from the first night that I (despite my company having paid for a Premier Inn meal) looked for a suitable alternative, but was unsuccessful. I was compelled to eat there again. This meal was acceptable, yet uninspiring.
The room and other service was, as always, very good.
I regularly stay at Premier Inn, and will do so again......but I will not eat at one.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Damon G
sha12375, General Manager at Premier Inn Liverpool City Centre (Liverpool One) Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear guest

I'm sorry to read your feedback and find the restaurant had been closed early, we serve meals until 10 and should never close early

I would like to investigate further, if you could kindly call me direct to discuss the matter, in the meantime thank you for your feedback

07785 451247
Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Worse night sleep ever had. My advice take your own mattress and pillows.
Skirting in bathroom hadnt been cleaned, found hairs along it. Dirty marks on wall. Marks on sofa bed, smelt like chewing gum.

Dear guest

I'm sorry to hear your stay was not to standard, we do have spare pillow types in the rooms for additional comfort & preference
In regards to your room standard it is not acceptable to have a dirty room or bathroom and we offer all our guests a good night guarantee

I hope you choose to stay with us again

belfast
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed two nights for attending a gig in the Echo.
Easy enough to find as it is very central. On arrival very friendly staff, rebecca was great and sorted us out with our keys etc and then we went on to explore nearby.
Everything is seriously bang on your doorstep here....Albert Dock is 10-15 mins away, Liverpool One just down the road.

Rooms were fine and for once not too hot! not the biggest window I have ever seen and so was abit dark and dingy but we werent there for the room so it was ok.

We didnt eat there as lots of other options nearby :)

1 Thank mumatronatwork
Dear guest

Many thanks for your feedback, we hope to welcome you back again soon, Rebecca will be delighted with your comments