“An Absolute Shambles”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have been an Accor Hotel customer for many years now and i am a Gold Loyalty customer with the hotel group so as you can imagine i have spent a lot money in these hotels to get to that status.

The hotel had a promotion running were by you could win a three course meal for 2 in there restaurants. I won one of these prizes along with my cousin who stays at Accor Hotels frequently and we also dine in Elements in Accor Hotels when we stay.

Upon arrival at the restaurant we were greeted by a waitress who showed us to a table and she was very nice and helpfull. As soon as we sat down (4 of us in total) we explained that we had won a 3 course meal for 2 and a free cocktail (so as my cousin also won the prize this meant it was valid for the 4 of us).

She said this was fine and i handed her the vouchers and we were given the menu and asked if we would like water the usual stuff you would expect from a 4 star astablishment and we were all happy and looking forward to the night ahead and the free meal we were about to have thanks to Novotel and us being valued customers.

We all choose our starters and these arrived within about 10 mins of ordering and the service was quick and attentive,however this is were the service stopped and the night was ruined.

After eating our starters my partner realised that we had not been served our cocktails so we asked one of the waiters if they were on the way and he said one moment, then a head waitress came over to our table holding the vouchers we had given to the first waitress saying they were not valid and we would have to call reservations to sort out the matter ! She was not quiet about it and other diners were looking over at us as she was raising her voice and pointing at the vouchers.

I explained that i was a Gold Card loyalty member and we had already eaten our starters (as i was explaining this our mains arrived) my cousin proceeded to call reservations from her mobile phone and waited on hold for 25 mins while her main was left to go cold. While all this was going on the waiters were looking at us and talking about us which made us feel very uncomfortable,my cousin eventually got through on the phone and they sent by email a new voucher for us to use as the one we had was wrong (it was there fault we had the wrong voucher).

We were then told we had to use the computer in reception to print off the vouchers,this took another 15 mins by this time the meal had been ruined and we were very upset at being treated like this by Novotel staff. Then to top it all off our cocktails arrived 2 and a half hours after we had ordered them !!

We made a complaint to the manager who apologised and offered us a complimentary cocktail (this was supposed to compensate for the disaster we experienced during service.

I am shocked and horrified that Accor would treat one of its Gold members in this way and it totally ruined our evening so we just returned home after the half meal we had and i am thinking of leaving Accor Hotels and taking my business to Hilton instead as i spend alot with the Accor hotel group and i am very upset.

I am thinking also of formal complaint as the way we were treated was dreadful.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We've visited this restaurant on many occasions, usually for lunch, usually after shopping with my sister or friends and it's great to have the peace and quiet in such lovely, comfortable surroundings. We've been at weekends and during the week. We've never had a complaint. The food is always cooked fresh and served hot. We've tried almost every dish on the menu (which does change) and never been disappointed.We normally choose the Al a carte menu. Although there is something for everyone, even snacks and light bites. The staff are extremely friendly and eager to please. One memorable occasion, the head chef appeared in person to explain why one of the desserts we'd ordered was unavailable. Then proceeded to advise us which dessert was the best alternative.He was quite a joker and very friendly. We weren't charged for the alternative chosen, which was delicious. Why not give it a try?

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Just like all Hotel restaurants, low on quality but high on price. Go elsewhere, there are lots to choose.

1  Thank AUKTourist
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Staff were friendly and polite, the surrounding were nice, the food came quickly, the fish cake starter was good, my main was a bit bland, I ordered the thai chicken curry did not have any spice, but was edible, however this is not a thai restaurant, I just ordered the wrong thing.

1  Thank lisa2002805
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Went here on New Years Eve as a last choice as everywhere else was booked. what a nice surprise, the food was delicious and not too expensive either, the staff were very friendly too. It is quite a brightly lit area so not really suitable for a romantic meal. It was quite busy as there was a buffet being served. We were told it was a special discount price of £29, normally £39. There did look to be a great selection and very appetising. However, we decided to go for the A La Carte menu, there was plenty of choice and an interesting menu. Our only gripe was they missed off our side orders. I put this down to the fact that they were very busy and didn't have enough staff to deal with the numbers. As a courtesy, the side dishes arrived but we were told we would not be charged for them which was a welcome gesture. Would definitely recommend a visit.