“Fabulous”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Aintree
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I visit this restaurant at least once a month. The food is top class and the atmosphere is great. You can go to this restaurant dressed in any code. The food is always fresh and I have never had a bad meal there.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Italianio!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Love Italion food.Been here many times, Service is excellent, portions are huge!.Personally I find the decor a littlte tired & dated but overall a good experience.I had vegetarian risotto........just fabulous! Bruscetta starter was massive! Couldnt finish my mains.Give it a try......you wont be dissapointed.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food, Franco is a Legend!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Took my other half here for his birthday meal and had a fantastic night. Recommended to us by a friend, really worth paying that little bit extra for.

Top notch veggie selection - I had a chilli linguine dish which was utterly different to any other Italian food I've ever had, really authentic. The restaurant itself is underground and has a really rustic feel to it.

Great food, great wine and a fantastic host - joined us for a shot of limoncello after our dessert!

• Visited April 2013
Derry City, N Ireland
“Very pleasant.”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were looking for a nice Italian restaurant in the city centre and Franco's fit the bill completely. Initially we were a little concerned by some of the surprisingly negative reviews on TA but we were very pleasantly surprised by all aspects of the evening there. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was excellent and serving times were spot on. There was a good choice of wines and for those on a budget Franco's sells a litre carafe of red or white house wine for just £16.99. The meal was so filling we didn't order desserts but the staff brought a complimentary portion of fresh grapes, a selection of biscotti and a shot of lemoncello each for all six in our party which was a nice treat. When the bill arrived we were again very pleasantly surprised. For two courses, drinks, wine and tip the bill averaged out at less than £25 per person. We will definitely be back.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Lunch 1st visit to Franco's”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

A cold wet Wednesday in January & met my friend for lunch. We wanted to give the more trendy bars/restaurants a miss & fell across Franco's in Castle St. I had seen adverts for years in the local paper but had never actually eaten here. So, approx 1pm in we go.
We got a really nice welcome & were shown to our table. The restaurant is not very big however it is decorated in the old Italian style which makes a nice change from all the chrome, stainless steel, glass in the newer restaurants, We both liked the decor, very like New York Italian restaurants.
We were given menu's & our drinks order was taken very politely & quickly. We both just wanted a main course & we both chose spaghetti dishes. I chose the Spaghetti Matriciana & my friend the Spaghetti Marinana and both were delicious & very well portioned & priced.

We could not fit a sweet in however we got a lovely plate of biscotti & fruit which was a lovely touch to go with my coffee.,

The staff were very friendly & attentive & we would not hesitate to go back again.n.

• Visited January 2014