“I love this place”

Duke Street Espresso Bar
Ranked #31 of 102 Coffee & Tea in Liverpool
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Cosy, intimate and relaxed yet only a minute's walk from John Lewis.I love popping in here - I enjoy the coffee, love the (organic) bagels, and always feel welcome. Little sister of the bustling Bold Street Coffee, so bound to be good!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Visiting a lot of coffee shops around the world I have never come across one as charming and elegant as this. Great hidden gem really close to Liverpool one. Espresso was fantastic with really sweet, nutty notes. couldn't recommend this place enough.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Nothing to shout home about here. The coffee wont be to everyone's taste, i found it quite aromatic and bitter which was ok. The bagels were okay too. All a bit pricey for what it is though.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

One of my favourite places in world dead cosy without being being frumpy great coffee and lovely staff.
Great for catching up with friends or just grabbing a quick coffee and pastrami bagel

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I don't know what's with the previous reviewer - who has been totally off the mark with a number of out city's best independents. Strange. I've always found the coffee here both varied, brilliantly brewed and served perfectly. I often take my mum, who likes her coffee slightly hotter - this request is never turned down or dealt with unprofessionally as some previous reviewers have suggested.
In terms of food, they keep it simple with pastries and tray bakes. Bagels are really well priced, especially considering the quality of the ingredients (locally sourced proper traditional bagels not flavourless supermarket imitations). Fillings, particularly the pastrami , are both tasty and generous.
My favourite thing about Duke St is the atmosphere - you can tuck away on a smaller table or opt for something more communal with the banked bench in the middle of the shop.
I love this coffee shop and am glad we have it as an addition to our brilliant collection of independents.