“Good, but not great food”
Review of Nolita Cantina

Nolita Cantina
Ranked #45 of 1,747 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Good, but not great food”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We had originally planned on going to the Mexican across the square, but when we found out there was an hour's wait (no bookings) we sat down to work out what we fancied instead. When we opted for burgers we googled where was good and were really pleased to find that not only was Nolita Cantina just next to us, but that it was really well reviewed.

The burgers were good but not amazing - this felt a little more quantity than quality. It's nice to see a good bean burger on the menu - so often it's a large mushroom these days - but it was quite soft and the cheese wasn't strong enough to stand up to the spices. It could really have done with some more crunchy salad in there to mix up the textures. It also would have been good to have the option not to have a bun - chips + beans + bun = too many carbs! That's not to say it wasn't nice, but it could easily have been made nicer.

The meaty burger was good and sizeable, but again not amazing.

It was nice to sit next to the kitchen to watch the food being made, and the staff were friendly and attentive. For the size it was also a really good value meal. We enjoyed the overall ambience which was informal and warm, and we easily got lost in our own conversation despite our proximity to the tables next door.

We'd recommend Nolita Cantina if you're hungry for a large, good value burger, but we suspect there are probably better quality ones around in Liverpool.

Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Fantastic burger and fries”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We ate here on a Friday evening and had a great night. Got starters to share and a meal each and was far to much to manage (but leftovers boxed up to take home). Mixture of potato and sweet potato fries were delicious. Friendly service and nice atmosphere. Will return.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Nice”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I had an enjoyable meal at Nolita Cantina. Our starter, the pulled pork nachos was absolutely delicious and my bean burger was also very pleasant. It is a nice, intimate restaurant and the open kitchen is a nice touch. The staff were ok but a bit none existent and considering the restaurant wasn't busy there is no excuse for this really, we didn't have to wait long on the food though which was good. I enjoyed myself and my other half really enjoyed his meal too so we'll be back.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Its OK”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

American themed dining room serving burger type meals. I must say our choice was very good with great service. I would go again for the food but not the ambience, it was not to my taste. Toilets downstairs, didn't see a disabled one upstairs so can't comment. A seat on the gents toilet might make it more appealing.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent ”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The place is clean, stylish and the food is very good indeed. I went with a friend for lunch and ordered the pastrami burger which was very tasty and cooked just right, the burger being cooked medium. The seasoned fries are genius! a mixture between sweet potato fries and regular fries. The food can seem slightly pricy however the portions are huge! (I didn't eat until lunch the next day ... and I can eat). It's definitely worth a try and I prefer it to other dedicated American eateries that are close by in Liverpool. The service is also quick and friendly and has the right amount of attentiveness.

Ps: the music played is brilliant.