“Great little place”
Review of The 23 Club

The 23 Club
Ranked #553 of 1,812 Restaurants in Liverpool
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was in Liverpool by myself on work and was lured into the Clove Hitch on the promise of a wide selection of real ales. It was even better to be shown the garden and told that down a flight of steps I'd find a burgers and a bar if I'd prefer. I had a very good chilli burger with a massive bowl of really tasty jumbo chips and found it hard to choose from all the beers on offer. This place is a great little hidden gem I'd like to revisit with friends to try lots more of their beers!

1  Thank elleay

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I should probably start by saying you are not going to have any sort of fine dining experience here - it is strictly bar food.

That said, the range of beer they stock is one of the best in town. If you are into your real ale or craft beer, this is somewhere you have to try. They are a little pricey but I guess that's part of the deal for not selling the usual pish.

As I said, the food is not going to be earning any Mitchelin stars. It is decent nevertheless, if the upper end of what I'd be willing to pay for bar food. You don't get chips with the burger, they have to be ordered separately which is a bit annoying - that brings the price of a burger and chips to around £11-12.

However, with an Independent Liverpool card you do get a free pint. The atmosphere is good and there's a nice little garden out the back too.

I'm sure we will be back.

1  Thank roadtripper316
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Like your Craft beer? 23 club (and upstairs in the clove hitch) simply has the best selection in Liverpool - either on draft or in bottles. Be prepared to pay, but you're not getting the usual swill - you get what you pay for. As an added bonus, the setting is intimate, and the cocktails and burgers are fantastic.

1  Thank Ian G
Reviewed 9 March 2014

A favourite Liverpool bar serving an excellent, regularly changing selection of craft beers. The bar is located beneath the Clove Hitch restaurant on Hope Street & also serves a range of burgers. I can vouch that the Veggie option is one of the best burgers I've had in the city. Also not be missed are the regular meet the brewer events! Staff are friendly and knowledgeable. A favourite regular haunt!

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This is a regular haunt and for good reason. A crackin bar bellow one of the best restaurants in the city. A constant range of 3 cask ales, 8 draught craft beers and a mind bending range of bottles and bourbons makes this a one stop shop for me. As a bar manager it makes me rather jealous, how do they get this range of obscure beers and how the f do they sell them at £5 for 3 thirds?! They even have an exclusive range of amazing burgers from the kitchen upstairs and the staff will even match a beer to your burger!