“She's a fantastic ship”

Ranked #22 of 77 Liverpool B&B and Inns
London
“She's a fantastic ship”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Let's just hope she does not hit an iceberg. Just returned from a one night stay and it was very pleasant. I don't think we have ever stayed in any hotel in the world which has such large bedrooms. They are spacious and very well kitted out. Staff are all very friendly and keen to help. Ate in the restaurant and the food was great. Some points which the management might like to take "on board" and perhaps reply privately to me or publicly on this forum. Firstly, we booked this hotel partly because it had a spa and swimming pool. It was only after we had booked and paid that the hotel advised us that the leisure complex was not yet completed. Secondly, there was no marmalade in the whole hotel ....no big deal I suppose but it would have been nice to have some marmalade on my toast this morning.... The butter was however very tasty. Thirdly, the hotel is about 30 minutes walk to the centre of Liverpool. Maybe consider putting on a shuttle bus for hotel guests. Having said all this, I would stay again as long as the rates are competitive.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here in July 2014 over a weekend. Apparently the hotel had only been open for 2 nights.
Positives - the rooms were huge - we were in the "classic" and were really impressed with the space that we had.
Negatives - the shower head is very large - usually a positive, but not all women want to wash their hair every day, especially those with long hair and it was difficult not to get your hair wet.
That is not a "to return or not to return" issue.
However, I probably would not return due to the "bouncers" on the door. We came back on our first evening around midnight and wanted to have a drink in the hotel bar. There was music and people milling around the lobby bar, as you walk in, so we walked over to have a look. I was first and got "heavied" by a big guy who told me in no uncertain terms that I can't go there.
As far as I was concerned, I was a guest in the hotel and was in the open, public lobby. Apparently there was a private function on, so that bar was closed to anyone else.
That is fine, but there was no signage and I really felt bullied by this large man who stood too close to me to tell me that I wasn't allowed to go somewhere.
The 2nd night we were there, we came back around 11pm and the same guy was there again on the door. He followed us inside and stood by the reception desk - "eyeballing" is the only world I can use.
Perhaps a welcoming "good evening" would have been much better. I felt like a criminal. I wanted to turn round to him and shout - we are staying here - but didn't, I was so upset.
We scurried into the lift and into our room, so didn't go and have a drink at the bar again, as we wanted.
On both of occasions, we'd driven home, so it wasn't as if we rolled in drunk and disorderly!!
Other smaller issues we had was that I had to ask for loo roll and coffee - I would expect these things to be replenished daily as a norm. They did arrive soon after I had requested some, however.
Our room had a connecting door to the room next door. However, there is about an inch around the door that is open, so I could hear everything going on in the room next door and in the morning, the light came in through that door.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amhersel
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

First of all, and VERY important if you know Liverpool - the hotel IS NOT at Albert Dock. Actually, is a long walk from it, most likely a 5 min taxi ride. Not a big deal, but one could think (as I thought) that the hotel would be very central and close to Albert Dock. It is actually located at Stanley Dock.

The hotel is brand new, it is clear that they are still doing their best to adjust and deliver good service. Laundry wasn't working during my stay (a heads-up at check-in or even while confirming the reservation would be nice), the menu at the restaurant and the bar is modest in terms of options (if you are on a diet it might be hard to stay on it), some construction work still ongoing but nothing prevents me from recommending this beautiful hotel.

As others mentioned before, the ambiance is amazing, location is not central but very nice, staff is lovely and extremely helpful, breakfast is very good and the work they did to keep the old dock structure was fantastic. My room was a gigantic corner suite, very comfortable and clean and with an incredible view of the docks. Think about 5 meters ceiling with windows from floor to ceiling and you can have an idea of how beautiful and bright this room can be. Note: the room is actually too big and with minimalistic furniture it looks a bit empty - some more storage space/ closets would be highly appreciated.

All in all, a beautiful property, a lot of potential and, with the Stanley Dock area being revamped, this will be the place to stay in Liverpool.

Room Tip: I would prefer the rooms facing the docks or the ones on the back, facing the old Tobacco red-brick...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped for a friends birthday bash we had a great night and the hotel was excellent. The staff are friendly and the rooms fabulous. Couple of gripes but only minor, beer glasses were not pints with top prices also no beans with breakfast but the breakfast was excellent thank you all staff
Regards
Rose and Jack

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank YorkshireBen
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel offers very high standards of service: the convivial staff members , the majestic decor, and the titanic room space ... Our stay had a few insignificant issues ... However, the staff were so conscientious, the issues were dealt with promptly and efficiently .
The hotel staff are young and vibrant and their enthusiasm enthralls any guest's stay.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone ... Whether for pleasure or business purposes .... It would be a stay that will be difficult to forget :-)

Room Tip: All of the rooms are of such a high standard , that no matter which floor you are placed on, will be...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellie M
Wisbech, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel recently and can honestly say it is the best hotel have ever stayed at, fantastic atmosphere, great staff who could not do enough for you.The room was enormous and of a very high standard. The food was superb with great attention to detail. will definitely be returning. Treat yourself and go here you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John W
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Booked to stay for 1 night had it not been a bit of a Fawlty Towers I would have stayed longer. Phoned before travelling to ask about cost of car parking and was told by receptionist she didn't know the cost - no one to ask.

Upon arrival very long day went straight to room, room superior and was lovely thought things were looking up. Ordered room service it arrived 40 minutes later after he left I realised it was incorrect. A further 40 minutes later and 2 further phone calls the receptionist delivered my salmon sandwich which look rather shoddy for £10.

Breakfast nothing spectacular, overall had better customer service at Premier Inn.

I wanted to be spoiled but felt rather cheated. £140 for one night, room service was removed from the bill.

Sadly at this moment in time I would not recommend this hotel to other until the staff have proper training.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business