“Absolutely brilliant”
Review of Z Hotel Liverpool

Z Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #18 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I had an inside double, as that's all they had left when I made my last minute booking. I was a bit worried about no natural light, however the way they have used the lighting in the room it gives the impression of natural light and so is great.

I arrived earlier than the 3pm check in time and as my room was ready I was allowed to check in straight away.

The room was finished to a high standard, a massive TV in the wall with sky sports/movies in HD also. Free wifi, standard tea tray and a sexy bottle of water!

The bed was outstanding, so comfortable, I just sank into it.

Now let's talk about the shower...this was without doubt the best 2 showers I've taken in recent memory, so powerful and hot it was tremendous.

When I arrived back from my day I was offered a free glass of red and some cheese and biscuits, a really nice touch that rounded off a smashing day.

Breakfast is not fussy; cereal, croissants, plenty of tea and coffee and a delicious bacon sandwich - just what I needed this morning.

I hope that the next time I stay it's still this good.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank johnLFC23

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very nice and modern hotel. The service was great, and the hotel has a good location. Close to Liverpool One if you are going shopping :) With only one (very slow) elevator for the customers (the other two were reserved for the staff) you had to wait a while getting to your room. Especially at times with much traffic. Otherwise: Great hotel. Recommended!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AndersOter
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a fri & sat night, arrived 3hrs late due to problems on motorway not a great start. Check in fast & efficient, great view of the liver building. Certainly different rooms glass enclosure for toilet & shower, 40" tv too low on the wall to be honest, only 1 plug socket in room bad planning. 5-10 min walk from ncp car park which you get a hefty discount for using. Matthew st just a short walk.
We will use this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Excellent location for the docks and many restaurants. Also very close to the Cavern club and other bars.

On arrival we were expecting to leave luggage and check in at the scheduled time however the staff were very helpful and let us check in immediately (several hours early).

We had an internal room with no window which wasn't as bad as it sounds. Very clever lighting! We both thought the room was very high quality. Everywhere has a really clean and fresh feel to it. Shower was excellent. Be sure to know your companion well as the ensuite is divided from the room only by glass panels!

Breakfast is not included but worth the £4.95. Although continental it also comes with a bacon roll. We actually had a 20% of voucher in the room which made it a bargain!

The free cheese and wine in the bar between 5pm and 8pm was a great start to the night! All the staff were really friendly and helpful! Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stay regularly at the Z, it is always clean and well-maintained, the beds are comfy, the TV and Wi-Fi provision is amazing and the staff are wonderful.

I need to give special mention to Mike, who has been brilliant. He is about to leave for horizons - and vistas and continents - new. I will miss Mike. I hope he has the time of his life on his trip and finds all the adventure, love, life and fun he could ever want.

If you want a good location, beds that support deep and refreshing sleep, a good shower, and Sky TV on a large screen with free Wi-Fi, there's no where else to go. And have I mentioned the staff.......they make you feel welcome and they ply you with a free glass of wine!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great location, great room...everything was perfect but the price, a bit expensive for me. Breakfast was not included but we had a kettle and tea in the bedroom, which was fantastic. It is a good hotel if you want to be in the city centre.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed for just one night, the room was extremely clean, everything was in the room that you needed, only thing is that we noticed that is a negative point was only one plug so if you want to use the kettle and charge your phone you can't but hey, that is being picky.
The staff on reception were excellent, very friendly and very helpful.
We went down after 5pm to enjoy the complimentary glass of wine and cheese and biscuits, what a lovely touch this was, it just started our evening off in a lovely way.
We had never heard of z hotels until this stay but will certainly use again.
The location is right in the centre of Liverpool City Centre, just seconds away from the shopping and from the fantastic night life!
VERY VERY IMPRESSED