“Great”
Review of Z Hotel Liverpool

Z Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #18 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here for five nights and it couldn't be better. A small but very functional room, you have all that you need and it's central. The beds were a bit hard but the service was excellent. No breakfast included but some cheese and wine every night, lovely! Would recommend this to anyone who'd like a comfortable stay in town.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zoyagirl
There are newer reviews for Z Hotel Liverpool

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Smart boutique style hotel central to the shops/bars etc with very modern, studio like rooms, that I personally found to be of an acceptable size and with free wifi. I booked a room with no window which I personally liked because there was no light into the room which made for a lovely sleep in. The staff were very friendly and the reception/bar/cafe area had a really nice atmosphere. As usual for half terms the girls shop leaving me to generally mooch around and there is plenty of things to do for us all in the centre of Liverpool. Overall, value for money, smart, friendly hotel, close to the shops and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This is a perfect spot for people who are over for shopping or the night life as it is right in the heart if liverpool just meters from shops and clubs. The hotel staff are brilliant and very helpful and the place is spotless!! What more do you need

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed whilst attending Grand National. Great central location within a minutes walk of Moorfields railway station and a 5 minute walk into the main shopping centre. One lift and no stairs. We had a Queen Room which was relatively small and having the bathroom within the bedroom with only an opaque screen to seperate them was slightly off putting! Our room 101 was overlooking the road and very noisy all night which may have been louder than usual because of the Grand National meeting or just usual Friday and Saturday night Liverpool?! Staff couldn't do enough for us and overall a good hotel for a City centre stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happydoingthisnow
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

For the price of the room I couldn't find fault. The rooms are modern (nice big flat screen TV and wet room) with free wifi. No windows in my room and it was relatively small but for a business trip where you just want someone where decent and clean to work from, spot on.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed here for one night in September 2013. I didn't think it was a good sign when the taxi driver taking us from the airport said he had never heard of the 'Z Hotel' but I had picked up a good deal online and the reviews were of a decent standard.
The staff in reception were very friendly and check in was extremely efficient. Up to the room and I knew I had booked one without a window (£14 cheaper than a room with a window), I'm not claustrophobic so it didn't bother me, if anything the light from the window is annoying in the morning. Room is extremely basic although had everything you need, a bed, toilet, shower and Sky tv! To be honest you would need to be staying in this hotel by yourself as the bathroom, inches from the bed and separated by a frosted glass as opposed to a locked door didnt go down well with my other half.
On a positive note I'm sure this hotel would be ideal for a shopping break in the city as it's in a great location, just a short walk from Liverpool One and the main shopping streets.

Room Tip: Get a room with a bathroom rather than a 'wet room' if they are available.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed at Z Hotel Liverpool on Friday 2nd May. It was a girls night away with my mother and sister. We had a room each which my sister booked (note to self not to let her sort out the hotel booking in future!). The location was good in that it wasn't too close to the really loud bars and clubs but still within walking distance of them (if thats what you want). The hotel reception is very small and there is no secure luggage room. You simply leave your luggage on the floor by the side of the desk but ours was fine both before and after we checked in and out. The reception staff were really friendly and helpful. On booking in they asked what our plans were and sorted out our tickets for the Hop on Hop off bus tour which was great. They also gave us discount vouchers to use at The Circo Restaurant at The Albert Dock and The Olive Restaurant which was just round the corner in Castle Street. We already had a booking for The Olive Restaurant so that voucher was perfect.

As other reviewers have said the rooms are modern but very small. Thanks to my sisters request we had rooms on the inside so had no window. She kept that bit of information quiet until after I saw my room and had a grumble! I personally couldnt stand not having a window and no fresh air but given that it was her specific request I felt I couldnt ask to move. The bed was a very small double up against the wall and the room really was only suitable for one person. Had I been staying with my husband I would have been climbing the walls as it reminded me of the cramped conditions in a caravan - and I dont do caravans!

The set up with the glass/partially frosted bathroom is fine for someone on their own but not for people who like any privacy! The sliding door has a hole in it rather than a handle and there is a gap down the whole side that opens so if you share with someone else make sure you are on really good terms with them - if not you certainly will be after your stay!

I found the bed too hard but my mom and sister didnt mind theirs. It was a quiet room with no noise from outside because you had absolutely no idea what was going on in the outside world!

In the reception between 5pm and 8pm they lay on complimentary cheeses and wine which was lovely and the wine was of reasonable quality. Again the staff were very friendly and helpful.

We used the vouchers in The Circo and The Olive Restaurant and I would recommend both places. The afternoon tea and cocktails in the Circo were great and the meal in The Olive was fab. You do need to book The Olive as it was very busy on the evening.

All in all it was an okay stay at this hotel which would have been better for me if I had had a room with a window. Im not sure if all the bedrooms are of a similar size - if they are then I would say they are too cramped for two people. I would suggest speaking to the hotel beforehand to ask for a larger room with a window and some fresh air!

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room and definitely one with a window!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends