“Great location, great price”
Review of Z Hotel Liverpool

Z Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #18 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great location, great price”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a short visit in Liverpool. Very centrally located, walking distance to all major tourist attractions in Liverpool. Just accross from the Hard Times hotel for those who are the Beatles' fans. They have a deal with an NCP parking garage nearby which gives you an 8 pounds rate for 24 hours. Room is small but comfortable, clean, with a big flat screen tv. Wifi is free but a bit slow. For the great location and all, the price is such a bargain!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed there for 4 days this June and had a truly wonderful experience enjoying the city. Located right in the city centre, we could pretty much travel to most of the attractions in no time at tall. The hotel staff were very friendly, always up for a chat and full of useful anecdotes/tips to share. My wife and I loved the 'urbanite' experience. The room was very clean and we had a very nice view of the cityscape from the luxurious window space.

We had an iron delivered minutes after requesting one at check in and when I emailed them to request for assistance to print out our boarding passes, it was ready within 5 minutes, neatly sealed in an envelope at the front desk for us to collect :)

On the last day, our cable tv box ran into some problems and we had 2 very friendly staff knocking on our door to assist. They even offered to help us move our luggage into another room so that the downtime wouldn't affect our stay there although the cable box sorted itself out in no time.

Would deffo stay there again for our next visit!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bethesda, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel just last week, as we enjoyed our stay so much we are going back this week. The rooms are lovely, spacious and so clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful. if you are looking for a nice hotel in Liverpool, do stay in this one. Great value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MariEms0438
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is an excellent hotel in an ideal location for a short city break.
City centre location without the city centre prices, fantastic staff, all the facilities you need, including a bar, what more could you want?
If you are looking for a good value hotel in the heart of this fantastic city, look no further, this is perfect.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: choose a room with a window on the higher floors and you will be rewarded with a great view of the c...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ivanparkin
Llangollen, Wales
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

if all you want is some where to sleep and wash then this is ideal. Room is small but it's adequate. It's clean, modern and comfortable. There's tea/coffee facility, sky tv with all the channels and air conditioning. We will be using Z hotel again.
Staff were very professional, polite and helpful.
Parking is possible in a multi-storey which is £8 for 24 hours hotel staff will explain all and even provide a map.
It's in a great location for bars and shops. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nikw85
London England
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was my first time at a Z Hotel and I was a bit apprehensive about the size and lack of a window to the room I had booked (some rooms do have windows). But overall I think it was good value for the bargain price.

Neither the size of the room or the lack of a window were much of a problem for a two-day stay. The room was nicely furnished and decorated. The double bed was set against the walls, so it was possible to get out on only one side. That was not a problem for me as I was alone. There was no chair, only a foot rest that served as a chair for me. There was also not much shelf space but there were two drawers for storage and hangers for clothes.

The bathroom had high quality fittings. The basin was very small but fine for hand washing. There was not a large amount of shelf space. The shower was excellent. An advantage of the small basin was that I could get close to the mirror. That and the lighting made for easy shaving!

The Liverpool Z is in an excellent location, not far from the Pierhead and within easy walking distance of Lime Street railway station.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

I had read that the rooms were soundproof. However, I could at times hear the sound of a TV in another room. And that was despite the fact that the volume on the TVs cannot be turned full on. Perhaps the volume control had gone wrong on the TV I could hear.

In all I doubt that you would find better accommodation for the price. Just bear in mind the size of the room you book.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Donal O
Ashton-u-Lyne Lancs
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Had an early appt at hospital,so decided to stay overnight, I had read reviews on Trip Advisor, so knew what to expect, wasn't disappointed!
Friendly staff, lovely room, just the right size for me and my daughter. VERY clean, loved the water bottle and plenty of tea and coffee too. I only paid £40 for this room ( without window) but I can't stress enough the value for money this is. Will be going back!

Room Tip: Didn't use restaurant ( more like a cafe really) but everything smelled and looked great! If yo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family