“10 points hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Z Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #18 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
“10 points hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent location, friendly staff. Comfortable bed, nice view for our window and the room design was very modern. The hotel served an aperitif with cheese and wine, it was delicious! I recommend also taking the breakfast there. Definitely, I'll stay there again.

2 Thank Maria Teresa A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Z Hotel is extremely central to shopping , bars and restaurants. I couldn't believe the shops were literally a 2 minute walk away. This was my second time in Liverpool and I realised that I stayed in the totally wrong area the first. I loved the Z Hotel Liverpool and hands down I will be staying here the next time I go to Liverpool, or any other location that has a 'Z Hotel'. Only had the wine and cheese on one of our 3 night stay, but it's great if your into wine and cheese. The staff were extremely helpful. Our room was quiet. No complaints, maybe just to have a few more hangers in the room but only as I done so much shopping.

Room Tip: We got a room with no window - which we loved! It was great to be in complete darkness as when you t...
1 Thank Dee M
Buxton Derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I don't think I could have chosen a better hotel for location. I was able to walk to all the attractions for which I had come. It is also close to stations and only a short walk from the ferry. The staff were really helpful and it was an easy to use hotel. No noise from the city at all. The lift was always available. My room was a double,but, I think I might not have been as comfortable sharing it. There was adequate space for myself. I think there are bigger rooms there. The air conditioning is excellent and operated on and off by the guest. Great wet room facilities etc Tea and coffee making equipment were very good. Everthing was very clean and well kept. I think I probably had the cheapest type of room, very reasonable. I would have no reservations in returning to this hotel - loved it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

After reading the reviews before I booked I had a few worries- room too small, nowhere to hang clothes, wet room leaks into bedroom, room too dark when lights go off (hilarious complaint in my opinion!) looks too much like a cafe so couldn't tell it was a hotel..... To dispel any worries any future traveller may have this hotel is great and such issues are ridiculous!
The room for £40 for a double, en suite is a steal, such good value for money! It's compact but the bed is plenty big enough for two and really comfy. The tv is huge and has full sky tv. The bathroom is a good size, yes it's glass but it's frosted so you can't see through it! The shower does not leak it goes straight down the plug hole. There is a stand with coat hangers on it (we took our own after reading that there was a lack of this, only to find plenty!!!). There is a hairdryer. There is fresh water and tea/coffee facilities- refilled daily by house keeping no matter what time of day you leave your room. The free wine between 6-8pm- we forgot! But on our third night we went down at 8:05pm and they got it back out for us! Great service! The staff were friendly and helpful at all hours day and night. Finally the location is just brilliant!! 2 minute walk to Matthew Street and the Cavern Quarter and all the shops! Must also mention the tapas bar just down the street- la Viña is exceptional.
Overall a brilliant hotel in a fantastic location at an unbelievable price! Will return!

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Z hotel is very centrally located and is a really great hotel. The welcome from the staff was lovely and the place was so clean and fresh. The rooms are small but large enough for a few nights stay, we were on the 8th floor which gave us a great view over the river and Liver building. The bathroom is a glass box which keeps the room from feeling too crowded but is also overly intimate!
Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra or a room with a window (the cheapest are in the middle and have no windows) if you ca...
2 Thank Nik K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a couple of times now with my partner. It's a great location for a good night out 2 min walk from Liverpool One. Clean small rooms with welcoming staff. I would recommend this hotel for anyone couple wanting a little get away.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Syerak
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Location of the hotel is very good, but the hotel room is really too tiny for 2 people. Would have been ok for a single person. The breakfast is not good - perhaps because I didn't expect a 'bacon roll' to be a piece of bacon between 2 pieces of white bread. The free wine at happy hour is good :) it's a good priced hotel but the value is not great when compared to how tiny the room is.

Room Tip: Doesn't seem to be any choices in rooms - all same sized.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
The Z Hotel L, Senior Night Manager at Z Hotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you muffythechef for taking time to write your review.

As you mentioned we do try to keep our prices low, this is the concept of our hotel brand. The idea is the more rooms we have means we can charge less per room, this is why the majority of are rooms are small. We do have larger queen rooms, so there is an option of a bigger room at a slightly higher price.

I can only apologise for the bacon roll not being up to our standard. Firstly it should have been on a bread roll not sliced bread (if sliced bread was not requested), secondly you should have had at least 2 slices of bacon but more would always be available on request. We would prefer it if we were told about our customers dissatisfaction immediately so we have the chance to rectify our mistake, it also makes us aware that our own standards aren’t what they should be. We need feedback from our guest/customers, it not only gives us the opportunity to improve what we are doing, it also lets us know if we are doing something right. I do feel our breakfast is good value at £4.95 per person, you do get unlimited tea, coffee, fruit juices, cereal, yogurts, fruit, croissants, with a selection of jams and of course the bacon roll.

Kind Regards