“Has to be careful of pricing!”
Review of Z Hotel Liverpool

Z Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #18 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I am fully familiar with the laws of supply and demand, but was very disappointed for what I got for my £195 two night stay.
A room with barely enough space for two people to get dressed at the same time (it's size seemed the standard based on the floor plan map on the back of it's door).
One solitary lift (no stair option) and a reception that doubled as a café counter.
Yes, the staff were good and the free glass of wine and cheese between 5 and 8PM is a clever touch in keeping with the conceptual idea of the chain I imagine.
But without any vestibule or form of securitised entry either it didn't seem possible they could have done anything about the exceptionally vocal and rowdy drunks stumbling and bumbling around on my floor between 2 and 3 o clock in the morning.
The person outside at 6:15 shouting verse after verse of Kumbaya I could accept as this was totally outside of their control but an hours plus sleeplessness from extremely drunken behaviour on my floor - wholly unacceptable!
If I thought I'd have got any sense by reasoning with the group or that person(s) unknown regarding availability or suitability downstairs could have displayed any appropriate powers, then I'd have taken action - but this seemed a very remote hope.
So, all in all, as long as you know what to expect (not much for your money really) then cool, but caveat emptor. £195 very poorly spent.

1  Thank nidgex
There are newer reviews for Z Hotel Liverpool

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The room was very clean, simple and stylish. We stayed in a double room on the 8th floor which had a large window (this didn't open but there was an efficient air-con system). The room was small but well-designed and it had all the essentials. We liked the frosted glass wet room and the bed, although on the small side, was extremely comfortable. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful - even the maintenance man (who we met in the lift) was welcoming and chatty! The free wine and cheese session between 5 and 8:00pm was a nice touch - this added to the personal and welcoming atmosphere to what could have been a large and impersonal hotel. I booked the room for just over £50 and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, friendly, comfortable place to stay in a central location but without the big bill!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Was scouring the web for Hotels to stay at over the weekend of 9/10 August due to the football on the 10th - All hotels ranging from the Travelodge right up to the Hilton...! Saw the Hotel and The Mrs & I were intrigued by the fact there was a wetroom instead of a traditional bathroom.

Looked rather cosy from the pictures and at £35 for the night (through booking .com) But nonetheless seemed like an absolute steal compared to other hotels charging in excess of £150!

When we got to the Z hotel itself check in was simple, 2 keycards given just incase someone needed to get out to save the other being locked in/out the room. Rooms were spacious and the wet room was not imposing in the slightest.

Massive TV on the wall loaded with SkySports/Movies, complimentary Water/Tea/Coffee (only downside you had to make it yourself!!) I was surprised by the wet-room, incredibly spacious inside including a lovely warm shower.

Easy access from the hotel down to the docks (Museum/Tate Gallery/Docks 10mins away, Tesco 5min, 24hr Parking for £8 too!

I honestly don't know what else to say about this Hotel. Cheaper than Travelodge, but my was it one of the best quality rooms I've stayed in, definitely staying again! :)

Room Tip: Rooms without windows are the cheapest (But all come with Aircon!) Just down to budget really
2  Thank David M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend and had an amazing time, staff couldn't be more helpful, advising us on restaurants, locations, helping to book taxis and always being pleasant. Breakfast was good, bacon sandwiches were lovely as well as the breakfast buffet, we had an inside double and didn't bother us at all not having a window in fact we slept better, beds were very comfortable and the room was well set out. Very central location which is excellent for shopping and eating out. Had an amazing time would defiantly come again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We booked this hotel as it was cheap and cheerful and to find a cheap hotel in Liverpool at the weekend including a matchday can be a challenge. My expectations weren't very high given the fact that we booked a room without a window but I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. The room, although very small, is well equipped and nicely designed. I am not a fan of the glass walled European styled bathroom - leaves very little to the imagination! But with Sky (including movies and sports) in the room and the free wine and cheese in the bar in the evening, it really cannot be beaten on value for money. Staff were really friendly and accommodating and perfect location too, not even a 5 minute walk from Matthew St. Would definitely return if I got a similar deal again.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We booked last minute and we picked a lovely hotel!

Room with no window was fine not a problem at all, rooms are quirky with the glass enclosed ensuite, massive tele with Sky, tea and coffee, hair dryer, fresh bedding, fluffy towels - we couldn't of asked for more.

Probably the only overnight stay in a hotel I've slept really well in, no noise from outside environment or other visitors at all.

Staff friendly, hotel superbly clean, would stay again. Ps - ask for discount parking for the NCP parking.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LydiaKidston
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I travelled to Liverpool with my mom, cousin and aunt - we wanted relatively cheap, central and comfortable accommodation. Z Hotel certainly fit the bill!

The rooms are small (we got the 2 Z Doubles) but beautifully arranged and very comfortable. We particularly liked the glass partitions of the bathroom. The breakfast was simple but good (go big on their butter croissants) and the staff extremely helpful.

The only drawback is that the windows don't open, but it's not such a big deal for a short stay.

Great location, we walked everywhere!

Room Tip: The price difference between the Z inside Double and the Z Double is small, so definitely go for the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family