“ Not really what we expected”
Review of Z Hotel Liverpool

Z Hotel Liverpool
Ranked #18 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

After booking this online directly with the hotel at £120.00 per night were expecting something a little bit more. Whilst I appreciate bedspace liverpool is at a premium this I feel was truly overpriced.

Firstly, the good points the staff are fantastic, on arrival check-in was easy, rooms were not ready until 3 pm, however they did look after our bags until we came back from shopping.
The hotel is clean and the rooms were spotless & a great central location.

Now for the bad points, the hotel has no stairs and access to the rooms is via one lift & it can be quite a wait (even a member if staff commented that another lift is needed), unfortunately, one of our party has a phobia of lifts and had to be escorted by member of staff every time he went up or down the stairs as these are not part of the hotel complex.
If you plan to stay in one of these rooms, do not bring a cat, because, there is not enough room to swing it.
The bed is pushed up against the wall, therefore, my wife had to clamber over me to use the bathroom - on the note of the bathroom this is basically an 8ft x 4ft glass cubicle placed in the room.
If you're looking for somewhere just to get your head down for an evening then this hotel is probably fine if you can get it at the right price, however if you're looking to stay any longer than that, it is very compact and Bijou.

Would I stay there again? probably not I think there are better hotels in Liverpool at a lot less of a premium price with much more room.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Z Hotel Liverpool

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed at the Z Hotel, Liverpool, with my partner on the 28th July. I came over as I was having surgery in Liverpool and I am so glad that we picked this place to stay. It was about ten minutes in a taxi from Liverpools Women Hospital making travelling a lot easier for me, being in pain and all that. Check-in offered no hassle, it was simply "give your name and here's your room key".

When me and my partner got to our room, we were pleasantly surprised that our room had a window, as we booked one without one as it was cheaper. I'm not sure if that was an error on the hotel's part, but if it was a friendly upgrade, then thank you!! The view of the cathedral was amazing. The room was modem, very up to date - and my style.

The hotel room had good facilities, a bathroom with a shower, towels provided. Little soaps and body oil. Hair dryer, a kettle with differs sorts of tea and coffee. A 40" television with all Sky channels free, including movies. Hangers for clothes and a complimentary large bottle of water. At first we had a little problem with the TV as the picture was too small and didn't fit the screen, but a nice lad came up and sorted it out straight away.

The bed was amazingly comfy, I fell to sleep as soon a my head hit the pillow, and this comes from someone who finds it hard to fall asleep. I had no problem getting comfy, although I was finding it hard to move about, so that's extra brownie points for this hotel! No noise from outside interrupted me and my partner at all.

There is a bar, with alcohol and food but it was a bit of a quick trip to Liverpool (we only stayed for one night) so we weren't able to sample this part of the hotel.

There are clubs/bars/restaurants/takeaways within walking distance of the hotel, and Liverpool One shopping centre is within ten minutes walking distance also.

The only points that I could pick up one were that there is only one plug socket, the glass bathrooms aren't soundproof, and the toilet seat was a little wonky, but fortunately for me, I'm comfortably going to the toilet in ear shot of my partner!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2014

When I arrived the lovely lady on reception allowed me an early check-in.

As previous reviewers have said, the rooms are not large, but are really nicely finished and functional. The bed is really comfy, not what I was expecting at the bargain price paid.

The Sky TV is a nice touch, with all the sport & movies included, rare for larger hotels.

In the frosted bathroom it had a great, great shower.

For the prices charged, this place is exceptional.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Amazing value for money at this hotel in the heart of the city centre.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
The rooms are quite small but well equiped with a large TV that had Sky Box Office.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same except the some had windows; some not.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David P
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed in the Z hotel in Liverpool and it was a great choice. We really enjoyed the cheese and wine reception- the cheeses were amazing.....the staff so friendly and helpful. We will stay there again if we are ever in Liverpool

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary & have stayed here many times now and was excellent service each time.Sam was especially helpful this time during our stay so big thanks to you!!!
Excellent en-suites & Loads of sky tv channels on 40" tv.
Would recommend to all spot on value for money.
If you go to Liverpool stay here The Z Hotel not to be missed...
Thanks to the Z team See you again soon!!!
From C & H :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Craig S
The Z Hotel L, Senior Night Manager at Z Hotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Hello Craig

Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review. I am so happy we have given you the service you deserve each time you have stayed and also that you chose to stay again at Z hotels Liverpool for your Wedding Anniversary. It’s also nice to hear that one of our newer members of the team Sam has been helpful to you during your stay. I’m sure we can do the same next time you visit us. I hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards

John

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I had to make a last minute booking in Liverpool so I could make the local airport in time the next morning. The price was superb value. This hotel was spotlessly clean, fresh and not lacking at all. The reception is a little bit confusing as you go in because it is essentially their cafe/bar counter. The hotel reception team were lovely, the housekeeping, I didn't know as if they were about I didn't hear a squeak but I was out of the hotel pretty early. The little en suites in the rooms are brilliant. Air con also. Fresh bed linen & noise levels brilliantly quiet considering this hotel is in the heart of Liverpool. I asked to swap rooms when I checked in as the next door guests were a little loud with music etc but the reception team politely changed my room no problems. Also they have a little free cheese and wine hour in the evening for guests! My only qualm is really more of a suggestion, as a vegan I would have preferred to not have down feather duvet & pillows plus as lovely the cheese and wine idea is, I would have loved a bowl of marinated olives & a vegan wine. Awesome team Z Hotel Liverpool! The best!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo