1,601 results
All reviewsfree wine and cheesesky tvfrosted glassno windowwindowless roomwet roomevery eveningrooms are smallshower and toiletcavern clubfree wifimatthew streetshort stayncp car parkcavern quarterliver buildingcomfy bed
Reviewed 20 January 2018

We stayed on the 6th floor, our room had large windows, bathroom, tea/coffee, we were going to the theatre so super for one or two nights stay, we also enjoyed the complimentary wine and cheese at 5pm which was a nice touch.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Sarah H, other at Z Hotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Good morning,

Thank you for your recent stay and for your kind words. I am thrilled that you found us ideal for a night at the theatre, and I am pleased that you felt our complimentary cheese and wine took "centre stage"!

We hope to welcome you back for an "encore" soon!

Don't forget to book at thezhotels.com and use the members code that we will have emailed you if you gave us your email upon check in, for the best rates and various benefits such as likely complimentary upgrade, free gifts etc!

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend came for 2 nights last week for a break away from our every day busy lives! We booked a room with no window and in all honestly I wouldn't recommend doing that if you are staying more than one night. The rooms are lovely don't get me wrong, just feels very claustrophobic as they are so small. Staff downstairs were lovely on the night - Sabrina, Stephen and David were all very chatty and friendly. The cheese and wine night was a lovely touch to the stay but the cheese was a little fancy for me - maybe offer some cheddar! The parking offer was ideal also being £8 for 24 hours, as they don't have any onsite parking. Thankyou, we will be back in the future.

1  Thank Gemma H

Good morning Gemma!

Thanks for your recent stay with us at Z Hotel Liverpool, and for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. We appreciate that our Inside Double rooms are not for everyone, given their lack of window, but I'm pleased that you recognised that they are still "lovely" rooms. I'm pleased that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff. We are often complimented on the high standard of service that we offer, and being in the hospitality business yourself, I'm sure you'll agree that this makes such a difference to the enjoyment of one's stay!

Our complimentary Cheese & Wine is always a highlight of any stay, so I am glad that you thought that it was a "lovely touch,". I'm sorry that you felt it was "a little fancy,". We agree that you can't go wrong with a bit of cheddar, which is why we offer a number of different varieties of it (Fiery Jack - cheddar blended with chilies and peppers, and Kick A** Cheddar with Rioja and red onion for example).

We hope to welcome you back to Z Liverpool soon for more cheese tasting, and thanks again for taking the time to share your kind thoughts with us!

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My wife had stayed at the Z Hotel in Liverpool and suggested we stop over on a night out. The staff were very nice and though the hotel entrance is small I was surprised as to how many rooms this place had. It’s very clan and comfortable in addition to be surprisingly quiet as it’s just across the road from the street leading down to the Cavern club. You can’t go wrong for a short stay here it cost us £50 for the night breakfast available for a small charge but we didn’t bother. They also give you a discount on your parking if you use the NCP car park at Moorfields station £8 for 24 hrs parking!!! That’s amazing. We will definitely stay here again.

Good morning,

Thank you for your recent stay at Z Hotel Liverpool, and for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so pleased to hear you were happy with your visit and that you "will definitely stay here again"!

Many of our guests comment on their surprise at how many rooms we have in a seemingly small building (just call us the Tardis). They do say that the best things come in small packages!

As you discovered for yourselves, we are ideally situated for Matthew Street and the Cavern Quarter, but you are also right to say that we are surprisingly quiet given our prime position in the heart of the city.

We are glad to hear that you felt that our discount with the local NCP car park was "amazing" (we agree!) and it would be equally "amazing" to welcome you back to Z Hotel Liverpool soon!

Thanks again for your kind words!

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in this hotel and found it a very pleasant experience.The location is fantastic and central ,walking distance to the center of Liverpool.We had a window less room but this was not a problem,room was situated on the 8th floor.We just used the room for sleeping as we were out from 09.00 till late evening quick shower and back out each day.The free glass of wine & cheese is fantastic idea which is a very nice way to start the evening.The only small complaint is that in the room the AC switches on after sometime on its own and its only on cool air not heating and also I am the guy who sleeps in total quietness and the fresh air unit situated on top of the bed is total annoying for me.
All in all very good hotel -quiet - clean - friendly staff and polite -fantastic location.

Will definitely use it again.

Massimo

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Massimo497

Good afternoon Massimo,

Thank you for your recent stay. I am pleased that you find it to be a "very pleasant experience,"! I agree that the location is "fantastic and central" and we pride ourselves on being placed at the very heart of Liverpool City Centre, where there are a plethora of world class restaurants, bars, clubs, shops, museums and galleries.

I am sorry that you were not happy with the Air Conditioning system settings. Unfortunately, as the rooms do not have windows that open, we require the AC system to be in place in order to provide fresh air to the room. This is why the system comes on automatically during the night. On the subject of the AC system, it will indeed blow out cool air when first turned on, however, if you allow ten to fifteen minutes, it will become hot air, and given the compact nature of the rooms, they tend to warm up very quickly once the heating is on.

I'm glad that you found us to be a "very good" hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to Z Hotel Liverpool again soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Myself & my husband have visited Liverpool lots of times and stayed in many hotels. I spent a couple of hours looking at hotels we haven’t stayed at, and weighed up what we wanted the hotel for- & it came down to somewhere comfortable to sleep, as we weren’t planning on spending a lot of time in the room! I decided on Z hotel, and I’m really glad we did as we’d definitely chose to stay here again in the future. I read that parking was discounted for £8 per 24 hours, unfortunately we parked on the wrong car park! But the hotel opposite validated our ticket so lucky enough still paid only £8 or so!
On arrival we weren’t able to check in but we were early and were aware that we wouldn’t be able to do so, so we left our luggage and off we went! Perfect location, not far from all the places we wanted! We came back to the hotel around 3pm & our room was ready, the room was small but exactly what I thought it would be, so very happy! The full sky tv package was amazing! We watched a film whilst getting ready & headed off out! We spent a few hours eating and drinking lots of cocktails in some of the bars in town, then decided to head back to the hotel to see what the deal was with the cheese and wine I had read about on trip adviser! And wow! What a treat! I had a huge glass of rose and hubby had a bottled beer. The cheese selection was fantastic and so tasty! We then ordered more drinks and decided to order a few more and head back upstairs to the room, a sure sign of a cosy room! Really impressed with all the staff we spoke with, the lady who checked us in and both the bar staff who were on that evening were great! The only thing if I had to pick one negative is there is not a lot of privacy when using the toilet due to the frosted glass and it being quite a small room, but it wasn’t a massive deal for us, it is what you make it! Thank you to all at the Z hotel we had a wonderful stay

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Good afternoon!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am so pleased that you chose us for your birthday night away, and that you would "definitely" stay again in the future!

We are ideally situated to enjoy the city's bars and restaurants, and I am glad that you discovered this during your stay! However, I'm also pleased that you were "wow"-ed by our famous complimentary cheese and wine, which is always a fabulous way to start your evening.