“It Is What It Is”

Ranked #58 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Fairy Meadow, Australia
“It Is What It Is”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

If you're after the kind of hotel where your complimentary teabag is replenished, your room is guaranteed to have a window and there's a secure place to leave your bags then this probably isn't the place for you. The staff ranges from trying their best to disinterested, the underground rooms feel like a closet and the bed won't be made or your bin emptied.

However, The Pod Works is in a great location. A 5-10 min walk can take you to Albert Dock, the heart of the shopping district or Mathew Street. And for its price to attraction(s) proximity The Pod Works is a smart budget-conscious decision.

If service or fresh air isn't a concern for you, and saving money is, then book The Pod Works. But if you're after a more pampered, couples friendly experience look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Room 108 is underground but still gets wifi. It just takes awhile to log on.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marc Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed for two nights, first night no problems at all.
Second night was disappointing as there were issues with tv and wifi, as well as a fire alarm going off. Although these were issues the hotel were not in control of, Paul and Becky were incredibly friendly, understanding and compassionate to the situation and provided appropriate refund for the Saturday night. Fantastic customer service, would definitely stay again, despite those issues.

So impressed with the way the issue was dealt with - great family business with such passion! Love it! I'm coming to Liverpool again!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank JessBLondon
fatcat1964, General Manager at The Podworks Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
DearJess,

What a lovely surprise to read your review after the issues with the tv etc you incurred on the Saturday night.
As I mentioned on Friday to you we are a small family busines and we do try our very best to welcome all our guests in our own "liverpool way " and we really try to go that extra bit to help all guests
. When I spoke to you I could tell you were such an extremely nice young lady and the way you explained to me about the issues regarding your stay and explained in such a friendly way that you are a credit to your mum and dad, so polite and easy going.
I would love to welcome you and any of your freinds back anytime and please remember to call me direct so I can make sure your next stay is perfect.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I got a room at this hotel for an amazing price and as such I was able to overlook some things I didn't really like. It's in a great location, just a short stroll to the centre of town. The staff were helpful and friendly. I was three floors underground and so I could not get wifi or a phone signal in my room. As I was travelling by myself I found this a bit isolating. However, for the price I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Coming up the street I was wondering what type of hotel I had booked for a two night stay (its in a side street lit not the best) but what a supprise when I got in the building it was newly decorated beautiful pictures of liverpool and the beatles the room was clean and well planned out, the staff we're lovely and very helpfull and advised on things to do (thanks becky) the location was perfect would highly recomend for female solo travelers as I felt safe and content in my pod! Great hotel

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank jonseyj123
fatcat1964, General Manager at The Podworks Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your positive feedback.
I will pass on your comments to Becky and we all look forward to greeting you back soon

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

It was a nice hotel small rooms, comfiest bed we ever slept in Heater was a bit temperamental but was ok, me and my partner had a bad experience with one of the night staff found him extremely rude and ignorant was Hoping he would of been approachable but just wasn't, also was awoken by extremely loud banging the morning we left at around 8am until 9.30am then was sharply reminded about checkout at 11am just a bad end to a great few days....

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Zebadiyah S
fatcat1964, General Manager at The Podworks Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear guest
Thank you for taking time to review.
I would like to apologise if you were disturbed early in the morning but unfortunately we had a major problem with a water leak that threatened to cause thousands of pounds worth of damage and we had no option than to tackle the issue earl in the morning ..sorry
We would love you to return at a later date to experience our Hotel in more peaceful surroundings.

Regards

Paul
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

A spontaneous one night stay at the Podworks for a bargain price, in a perfect location. The staff were lovely and extremely helpful - after lugging our bags around, we thought we would be cheeky and ask to drop them off, but we were even allowed to check in early. Unheard of in most hotels I've stayed in.

The room itself was spotless, cosy and well-facilitated. The bed and night's sleep was great. Nothing more we could have wanted. Walls perhaps a little thin, but that didn't bother us really.

Excellent location - only 5 minutes walk from Liverpool One and the docks - down a quiet, cobble street.

Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
fatcat1964, General Manager at The Podworks Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to positively review our Hotel.As mentioned in previous replies we are a small family owned Hotel and we love hearing that our guests loved bier stay ..

Paul
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed for one night at this hotel 7th Feb.Very clean and comfortable.Easy reach of all bars restaurants etc.2min from china town.Nothing negative to say.Small bar for drinks and sandwiches etc.Tea and coffee in room,towels flat screen tv.

Room Tip: Choose a room furthest away from reception bar.Little noisy at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel and we appreciate your kind words.

Regards