“Almost perfect”

The Podworks Hotel
Ranked #58 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great rooms, great location, great staff. All round a good place to stay as the staff were very friendly especially the receptionist. Made my visit a very enjoyable one. Would definitely recommend, although the only problem the WiFi was slow.

• Stayed April 2014
fatcat1964, General Manager at The Podworks Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
We really love when our guests enjoy their stay and "get" the idea of the Podworks. Our new concept is simple that you can have it all in a small space.

Thank you for taking the time to review

Regards

Paul Kelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just as you expect
This is a great little hotel perfectly positioned for exploring Liverpool, especially central Liverpool and the famous Albert docks.
The hotel is clean, and well maintained with friendly staff, Becky on reception makes you feel like a good friend and is very helpful too.
Although the rooms are compact they have all things you need, including T.V and air conditioning, and the on suite is modern and stylish too.
I'd definitely recommend staying here and will be doing so again the next time I visit Liverpool.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diz L
Thank you so much for the great review.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Settle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a week, which was good value for money as it was only £25 per night, having booked it last minute. This hotel is ideally situated in the city centre, close to the shops and public transport. The en-suit was the best part of the pod rooms as it appeared to be refurbished, however the main bedroom was small and the bed I slept in leaned one way due to everybody getting in and out of it the same way. I had no phone reception or wi-fi coverage inside the hotel which was extremely frustrating by the end of the stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
paul k, General Manager at The Podworks Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciate the review.

Regards

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent value for money. Very clean location, cosy rooms (although there weren't any windows). Free wifi, very nice and helpful staff. Room was a bit claireaudient, but free earplugs were available ; ).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Not too far from the city centre so location is ideal. My pod room was small but comfortable, but unfortunately I didn't have phone reception or good wi-fi coverage which was frustrating.
The female receptionist was lovely and warm, but the male staff member who others referred to as 'the bouncer' could have been a little friendlier.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We last stayed in February and returned this time with our 3 year old grandaughter. We arrived at 11am to leave our bags until check-in but the receptionist moved us to the largest pod and let us check in straight away. Not disappointed. Pod 104 is bigger than the other rooms so we had plenty of space. How anyone can complain about these rooms is beyond me. They are exactly what they say on the box! Pods!! In the basement. This is the very nature of them. They cost £29 per night in the week. If you want a view then pay for a view! I want somewhere clean and comfy to sleep and got exactly that. The staff are also very welcoming and polite. Great location - and try the nearby Amalia Italian Restaurant too - also great value. Thanks Podworks!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FionaSimpson1971
fatcat1964, General Manager at The Podworks Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel ,we really appreciate the feedback.
We think your pretty much described our hotel perfectly !

Kind regards

Paul
London
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Booked 3 nights but left after a few hours.. The reasons well the welcome wasn't that great when I got there no hello how are you small details that put you at ease. Put on the bottom floor 2 floors down and while I understand that the wi-fi may not work all the time I had no phone coverage and as a single woman travelling on my own I kind of felt unsafe. Now I have stayed here before and it was totally different then so I left after 3 hours and the guy on reception didn't even seem bothered guess you wouldn't though seeing as I had already paid for the room!!! I won't be staying here again sorry and I'm disappointed because I liked the hotel last time but not today

• Stayed April 2014