“tired looking restaurant but great food and really nice staff”
Review of King Do Restaurant

King Do Restaurant
Ranked #1,115 of 1,784 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2013

yes, the place could do with a re-furb and some updating, but the food is the best chinese i've had and i do find the staff lovely. I try and go everytime i visit liverpool which is about 6-8 times a year. usually go with my parents and husband, this time i went on saturday 17th August with 4 friends who had never been to liverpool before and after spending all day in the city centre pubs we headed to the king do in woolton for tea. now bear in mind we had been drinking for best part of 5 hours - which i explained to the staff when we got there, i told them we were tiddly and they may want to sit us away from others. they laughed and said it was no problem at all and put us slap in the middle! we had a great time, the waitress was fantastic and the food was seriously lovely. this place does the best ribs i've ever had, especially the salt and pepper ones.
i can recommend this to anyone, yes it needs a refurb but if you want good food, in a nice relaxed atmosphere not the jam packed noisy vibe of the ying wah right in the village (mediocre food in the ying wah too) this is definitly the place.
the need of a refurb takes the stars down to 4.

There are newer reviews for King Do Restaurant

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I have always named the king do one of the best Chinese restaurants in Liverpool, therefore the bad reviews on here really did shock me, so I decided to give this place a visit after a long overdue Chinese anyway. The service was brilliant as they always have been, you are immediately greeted at the door by friendly staff, and the food is like they've never changed chef at all in all the years it's been here and it's always been amazing food. It is however a little pricey but all in all, where can you find a lovely restaurant that you can pay under 20 pounds per person for a 3 course banquet?!, you get what you pay for and the King do is worth every pound.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Absolutely excellent food, great service from friendly staff and above all great atmosphere. Clean and hygienic restaurant over all 10 out of 10

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Went here for a meal and found the food to be really really nice. The staff were pleasant and genuine. It wasn't particularly busy, which for me, made it even better as I hate packed restaurants .

The decor is slightly dated, but to be honest I wasn't really paying that much attention to the decor, as long as it's clean and tidy, I'm happy...and it was.

The service was great, and very quick too. Great if you know you have limited time to spare and can't wait around. We had Starters, sides and mains with drinks, and we were very impressed at how quick and efficient everything seemed to be.

Slightly pricey, but when the food is lovely, who care about spending slightly more. Spending too much for food always bothers me but when you are assured of great food I think you can splurge..from time to time.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

The place is a disaster. Grubby carpet and chairs. Same decor from 70's. Table cover stained. Cutlery cheap and grubby. Glasses must have a quick rinse between customers and staff quite obnoxious. Don't bother.

3  Thank Twinklepaisley