“Awful Service”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Awful Service”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Visited for a meal with family and on arrival noticed how run down the restaurant was. We were seated and ordered drinks. When the drinks arrived the larger was warm, we advised our waiter of this and he didn't even offer a apology never mind a replacement. Instead he just struggled it off and walked away.

Looking at the menu I thought it seem expensive since the restaurant was so run down. The food was just average, nothing special at all. The service went from bad to worse when I felt our waiter was ignoring us so in the end we didn't bother ordering any more drinks. We wasn't even offered to look at the desert menu.

Awful restaurant, not sure how they are still open with rude staff, expensive food which is average and shabby decor and furniture.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Mary-CC-Liverpool

liverpool
“good food”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a lovely time last night. Took my Dad for his 80th birthday. The food was beautiful and service outstanding.

• Visited July 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good food, shame about the appearance of the place”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Eight of us dined last night at the King Do restaurant in Woolton, Liverpool, where I have not been for some time. The food as far as I'm concerned has always been good there, and indeed last night I was not disappointed where that was concerned. However I was shocked at the shabby state of the interior of the restaurant, in particular the carpet which I'm afraid can only be described as filthy. Also when I visited the Ladies room, the floor covering was tacky and I could feel it sticking to the soles of my shoes.
I have to say also that the staff were unfriendly and uncommunicative. Their manner was abrupt and they served us without a smile, and in any restaurant a smile or friendly word goes a long way.
I do hope the management take notice of this review. The food as I said was extremely good, but being served in clean surroundings by helpful and friendly staff is not too much to expect. It will be a while before I go there again, and hopefully next time these problems will have been addressed.

• Visited May 2014
“Consistently good food”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have been visiting the King Do almost weekly for the past 25 years. The restaurant has a wonderful relaxed and friendly atmosphere with lovely staff who are always willing to assist and advise.The food is of a consistently good quality with a vast choice of Cantonese and Chinese cuisine. The restaurant also will when it can alter the menu to your specific requirements,which is a plus when there are certain items you may not prefer. I would readily recommend the King Do for that special occasion.

• Visited February 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very tired but good food”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Never checked the hygiene rating and could not see it on view but what I did see was a really tired tatty restaurant . Maybe that's why it was fairly quiet. Such a pity because the restaurant is situated on a trendy road with a number of other establishments as neighbors and with a little effort and budget the Kin Do could be brought up to date and entice customers. Horrible curtains over the windows , worn carpets and walls that are screaming out for a lick of paint. Unusually for such a tired restaurant the food was excellent and Well cooked, hot, good portions and sensibly priced. The food deserves better surrounding as this has the potential to be a top class Chinese restaurant. Would I recommend it to friends---- yes for a casual mid week night but certainly not for a Saturday night or celebration.

• Visited November 2013