“Delicious food, wonderful hospitality”
Review of Persian BBQ House - CLOSED

Persian BBQ House
Cuisines: Persian
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We came here this evening with our Iranian friend and her son and girlfriend....great restaurant. Soup was served first with no charge, as well as fresh orange...now, my wife is Mexican and used to freshly squeezed orange juice but in this country that means from a carton usually. Not in this place....fresh oranges. Excellent. Chicken kebabs were so tasty. Our 2 kids loved them too. And Persian tea from ornate teapots. Fantastic value, we loved it.

2  Thank Squonk427

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I visited here with a mate as I had spotted this place a some time back whilst in the area.

The staff were very friendly and we were given free Persian tea and soup with our meals. We had a starter between us of chicken wings that were hot and tasty and then we both had kebabs, lamb, mince and chicken which were accompanied by rice and salad. The portions were huge! If we'd have known we'd have done without the starter! The chicken and mince were the pick, the lamb not quite as tender but still tasty.

I had a soft drink and for drinkers out there they serve Efes beer!

All in all I'd recommend, the place is clean, staff friendly and the food very good.

1  Thank Tunners556
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Beautiful food! Great price and good portions and very warm staff!
Unassuming place on busy road.
Hope they do we'll they deserve it. Really friendly place.

2  Thank dathi
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I often walk past this unassuming little restaurant on the way home from work and have been meaning to try it out for some time. I went along last night with a couple of friends and was pleasantly surprised at the value for money and the great food.

We started with naan (40p each for a massive naan - see the attached pictures) with various dips. The waiter brought us complementary glasses of Persian tea, which had a lovely cinnamon flavour. We were told of the specials that day and when we were considering whether to go for the stew, they brought us a small bowl of it to try. I thought this was a lovely personal touch.

I can't fault any of the food. The kebabs were delicious, the food plentiful, the tea very low priced and the taste of each item was lovely. if you go, try the spinach, egg and onion starter (it doesn't sound appetising, but a member of our party chose it and it was probably one of the nicest dishes).

Our eyes were bigger than our bellies and we ordered too much food - they had no problem wrapping the rest to go and I've literally just finished eating it for lunch today.

You'll see from my contributions that I tend to be quite harsh on restaurants, but I really enjoyed this. I feel that this is a place which relies on strong word-of-mouth, so please - take my word for it and see what you think. All those starters, the bread and dips, those mains of salmon, kebabs, stew, the copious amounts of tea set us back £32. That's a real bargain.

2  Thank Kovalyova
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I've been to this place a couple of times now, once with friends and once on my own. The guys who run the place are friendly (as are all persian people I've ever met) and know their stuff about kebabs (called kabobs in Persian cuisine).

The persian version (what a rhyme) of the kabob is served with rice and salad, with a traditional grilled tomato. It's all about the beautiful delicate flavour and texture of the meat and these guys do it really well. I've had their Joojeh Kabob (chicken, marinated with saffron and lemon and cooked to be tender and juicy) and also their Koobideh Kabob (minced marinated lamb, seasoned with herbs and spices, slightly similar to a kofte kebab that you would find elsewhere. Both have been extra delicious, service has been warm and friendly, the value is amazing (£6.99 for a main course that will leave you full and satisfied) and there's plenty more types of kabob that I have still yet to try. The persian tea is also definitely worth sampling (the restaurant doesn't serve alcohol) and as far as tea goes, it knocks the socks off anything we buy to drink here in our supermarkets. It's served without milk but has a wonderful, alomost floral depth of flavour that any tea drinker will appreciate when they taste it. Definitely plenty more visits to this place in the pipleline, best persian place I've found so far in liverpool :)

4  Thank warningfire