“Great value luxury, new hotel.”

The Richmond, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #34 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
“Great value luxury, new hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Just returned from staying at The Richmond for two nights. Location is good, a short walk from the centre. The hotel has only been open for 10 weeks so it is not surprising that everything was in great condition. The hotel is a beautiful listed building and has been turned into a modern and luxurious space. The rooms are decorated beautifully and the linen and bedding was so comfortable, best hotel sleep I've ever had! Gorgeous Molton Brown products in the bathroom which has a very nice wet room. Throughout our stay we were treated so well by the staff who were so efficient and friendly. The bar/restaurant were also excellent. It appeared very quiet, but I'm sure when word gets out about this hotel, they will be run off their feet! Definitely stay there again!

4 Thank Barneybobcat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I stayed here at the weekend as my boyfriend has booked a surprise stay for us, and what a surprise it turned out to be…although not always for the right reasons.

We checked in about 5pm on Saturday which was quick and easy. We were taken out room on the 1st floor which was a suite, it was Huge!!!!! The room itself had a few cosmetic issues but nothing we couldn’t overlook. Great first impression.

However the further into the night we got to the worse things became. First of all we couldn’t get our tv to work, then our toilet wouldn’t stop flushing, then our air conditioning unit wouldn’t work then we got those fixed..the ceiling started leaking. Absolute shambles. For the price we paid we would have expected a lot more. They were full so couldn’t move us, but were able to solve most of the issues.

Breakfast the following morning was great. There was a large selection of meats cheeses and fruits. Plus a hot option. All great for £5. We mentioned all of our problems to the receptionists when we checked out and they were very apologetic and knocked £100 of our bill, which was great.

I think this hotel will be great at some point..it’s just not there yet. I will try it again…ill just wait a few months until they iron out the cracks!!

The staff were all great, but in particular Sam the night manager was brilliant. He couldn’t do enough for us, he parked our car twice, knew all the sights to in Liverpool and when the room was flooding he was there a smiley face and a sense of humour to help and take us through it…Absolutely fantasticemployee!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sarah F
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed her for the night as a surprise for a friends birthday. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful regardless of what we needed. Tom on reception (think that was his name) was brilliant. Rooms were absolutely fab! And the beds, oh how I wish my bed was that comfy didn't want to get out of it. Just checked out and already planning another trip here

2 Thank Itsgregg
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed here for one night with my boyfriend just for a get away. On entry, the receptionist (dark haired girl, mid 20s?) was really helpful, chatty and friendly . I was allocated room 052. With a huge telly and a big comfy bed I was happy with the room itself. But I found that the room had not been cleaned to the hotels high standards that it boasts. The bin had not
Been emptied and there was ALOT of dust.the receptionist said it was due to the fact it is a new build. But I think that if they know its a problem in the hotel they should try to keep on top of it. I didn't mention the bin to the staff as I thought it would be nit picking. And as I work in a hotel on reception myself i know how annoying it can be when guests moan about the stupidest things! While I was out, housekeeping must have realised that they had forgot and then emptied the bin.the evening was lovely. But in the early hours of the morning there was a very loud noise as what I think sounded like the pipes draining, this was constant and kept me up throughout the night, the air con was very noisy. And at about half 7, work men began to drill and hammer right outside of our room which kept us awake also. We could have been allocated to a different room if they knew there was work going to be done.

Breakfast was awful.. We turned up at half 9, so we thought breakfast would be freshly replenished. There was no bread or eggs. And the food was cold as if it had been sitting there since breakfast started. There was an eerie atmosphere and we felt as we where not really wanted by the staff as they where not very welcoming. But on checkout we discussed this. Luke on reception was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is a beautiful building with lovely rooms and staff. For the price that you pay just a few little things which they could keep on top of and this hotel would be amaaaazing!

4 Thank taylorbb123
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

My family and I traveled to Liverpool this past week. We had an amazing experience staying at the Richmond. It was a brand new, elegant hotel with all of the ammenities anyone could ask for. The service was excellent and the hotel staff were very friendly. It was located within walking distance to most Liverpool attractions. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are staying with a family, I highly recommend choosing an apartment, rather than a hotel room...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank BeachLover17NewYork
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Booked as a last minute break with Booking.com and this hotel didn't fail to impress! The concierge is the nicest man imaginable, and the receptionists are so helpful - they literally couldn't have made us feel more welcome and allowed us to get the most from the short stay!
The valet service was such a relief after having a nightmare with the Liverpool road systems, and after realising we'd left something in the car, the concierge personally escorted us to the car park to ensure we didn't get lost! (Like i said, he was so nice!)
The hotel was quiet, (with the exception of the air con in the room, which was a little noisy - but you can easily turn this off!) clean, and modern. The smart TV in our room didnt work, and the lock on the bathroom door appeared to be broken.. (which we mentioned when checking out) but as we were only staying the one night this didn't bother us in the slightest! If it had have been an issue however, seeing how helpful the staff were - i think they would have resolved the problems with ease!
The hotel is walking distance from Liverpool One (maximum 10minutes) and feels genuinely very safe and prestigious! The presentation of the hotel is exceptional, and the rooms/bathrooms feel exceptionally luxurious! I would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting a break in the City!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Loveforthesun27
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I stayed here with my partner on 5-7th July 2013 and what an amazing hotel so modern and clean staff were brilliant so helpful and a special mention for les the concierge he's just amazing.. I would recommend this hotel to everyone it's like the ritz of liverpool!!

3 Thank Rissa999