“Literally the best hotel in Liverpool.”

The Richmond, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #34 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Cannot say enough about this hotel. Stayed here for my boyfriends birthday last month and it was absolutely fabulous. A gorgeous modern boutique hotel in the city centre. The rooms are amazing; the comfiest bed I've ever slept in, full blackout blinds, even lovely little touches like bathrobes, slippers and Molton brown toiletries. The suites are so spacious and furnished beautifully. We unfortunately had dinner plans with family in the evening but we popped into the bar for a quick drink before heading off, it was stunning. A lovely atmosphere with live music, could have easily stayed there all night. Breakfast was gorgeous served in the brasserie, everything you could want. The staff were so attentive and friendly, I'm sure I must have annoyed them on the 3 separate occasions that I went to reception asking for scissors, Sellotape and a pen to wrap my boyfriends presents. Oops! If you are looking for somewhere to stay in Liverpool, don't even bother looking at anywhere else. This is the one! Recommended it to everyone I know and will 100% be coming back.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank eg45
Write a ReviewReviews (2,324)

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Dont know where to start.... This hotel is beautiful, the best hotel I have ever stayed in. My husband and I stayed here for one night, wish it was more....
It is exceptionally clean, very boutique style with excellent staff who where very helpful and polite. We stayed in an apartment right at the top of the hotel, the room had a double bed which was very comfortable and I loved how dark it was when we woke in the morning I could have stayed there all day.... the kitchen, living room area was well designed I would have this in my own home and a very large stunning bathroom, all of which we excellent and very clean.
I would 100% returned to this hotel.
Excellent stay thank you very much!!!

3  Thank Janet D
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed in a luxurious suite that had 2 enormous double beds, kitchen, dining area and 2 ensuite rooms. The beds were incredibly comfortable. The staff were so friendly helpful and polite. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast the next morning. Perfect location for getting to anywhere Central in the city centre.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sue M
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We loved our weekend in Liverpool and staying at the Richmond made it even more special.
The suite/apartment style rooms were beautifully decorated and equipped with everything we needed and more, the bed was extremely comfortable with lovely crisp bedding, the bathroom was spotlessly clean and the Molton Brown wash/bath accessories were gorgeous.
I had fruit and croissants for breakfast, both very fresh and delicious.

The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars are; 1. the heating didn't work, I didn't report it until day 2 after suffering from the cold, we were given portable heaters for both rooms, 2. the view looked into a manky side street with a red brick building straight in front, 3. I mentioned it was my partners birthday on booking and check in and thought (as with most other hotels we visit) there might have been something nice in the room for him, these faults didn't really spoil our stay but as I said they did take away the fifth star.

Would recommend!

1  Thank Joanna P
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My friend booked a suite here for her birthday. There were eight of us staying overnight as we were having a night out in Liverpool. However when we saw how beautiful our suite was we all said we didn't want to leave it!! There were eight double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, a massive lounge area with couches and a flat screen TV and a huge kitchen and dining area. When we arrived there was champagne and chocolates waiting for us in the suite. We all felt so special!
We went into the restaurant for lunch, which was delicious and then we took advantage of the two for one offer on the cocktails which went down very well! I had the French martini which was lovely!
After going back to our suite to get ready we decided to go the hotel bar for a few more cocktails. There was a singer on playing the guitar which created a lovely atmosphere.
We had a great night out in Liverpool. The next morning we all had a delicious breakfast which was very reasonably priced.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a luxurious hotel stay at a reasonable price. the hotel is a couple of minutes walk away from the bars and clubs but is just far away enough to escape the night-time noise of them all.
Thank you to all at the Richmond for making our stay a special one! I will definitely be coming here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jen c
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Really nice stay in The Richmond especially when welcomed at the reception desk with a complimentary bottle of wine ! Really huge room with lovely old vaulted ceilings and an enormous 50 inch plasma wall mounted TV ! The bed linen and room were spotless and the service to the room including bed turning excellent. Bathroom had lovely overhead waterfall shower cascade head giving fantastic refreshing bathing! Sink was a little tight to the wall corner next to the heated towell rail but not really a bother. Loved the situation only 5 mins from Beatle Quarter and all the shops. Only down side was the ridiculous prices of their cocktails at £9 !! Dream on there! Far easier to walk out the door to one of the many many clubs and bars to get both food and drink wayyyyyy cheaper. All in all this was a great find and lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: ask for kingsize at the front of hotel
3  Thank pompeypaulo
Paris D, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

What a great review! Our TV's are great aren't they! 50 inch, biggest in Liverpool! We are so very proud of our interior fit out, I am glad you liked it. Our location is a real asset to us. You will be pleased to hear that we now offer a cocktail "Happy Hour" every day between 5pm and 7pm.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Paris.
General Manager.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I have just arrived home from a two night stay in this hotel. Firstly the hotel was very, very clean and the staff in the reception area was very helpful same has the room service being very quick. The room was clean with fresh towels and toiletries available, the bed was made every time we left the room as well. We traveled by car so when we arrived we had to wait for the concierge to come and take our keys, the next morning when we wanted the car we had to wait again for around 10 minutes but that was not a problem as we were in no rush, when the car pulled up it was filthy like it had been by a building site or under a tree (maybe both) has it was sand and dust, the following day when we came to leave the hotel we asked for our car as normal and drove off has we got to the top of the road the glass from my wind mirror was missing, we went back and the concierge looked on the car park and said he could not see it anywhere and gave me directions to the nearest Halfords, I did not find this very good has the car should have been in a safe car park and this should not have happened, the hotel did not offer to pay or anything. The walls in each room are very thin we could here next doors television clearly which kept us wake, the room was very cold it did have either a air conditioning or heating system but there are no instructions on how to use it and when we got it on it was cold air blowing out. the spa is not in the same building as the hotel it is over the road and up a bit.

2  Thank Zoe C

Dear Zoe,

Thank you for your review.

Thank you for commenting on our cleanliness, this is something we pride ourselves on. I will be sure to pass on the great comments about the staff too - they truly are second to none.

I would like to reassure you that our car park is extremely safe and secure. We use a car park managed by National Museums Liverpool and is just behind the hotel. There is however building work happening near to us and the high winds recently have blown the dirt and debris onto the cars, fortunately, no damage was caused.

I would however like to discuss the broken wing mirror in more detail with you if possible?

I do hope to welcome you back to the Richmond Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,