“Absolutely fantastic hotel!”

The Richmond, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #36 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I did not want to leave, the bed especially. Unbelievabley comfy! Food is great, staff are a pleasure and the service overall is a ten out of ten for me. I would most definitely stay at this particular hotel again From Martin & Stephanie!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Martindbrown
Write a ReviewReviews (2,354)

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Just returned home from a 2 night stay. Treated to ourselves to a little break to finish the last of the Christmas shopping. Very nicely styled boutique hotel, lovely room with a fab 50" TV and super comfy bed. It is very conveniently located for getting about town. I found a previous the previous negative comment about location hard to 'swallow' - you're hardly likely to get a view of fields and pastures in the centre of a city and you will sure pay a premium if you want to a river view? We used the valet parking service, but could so easily have left the car at home - as it's a 5 minute walk from Moorfields train station. Exceeded our expectations. All the staff are friendly, welcoming, pleasant, efficient and helpful. The evening and breakfast selections were delicious (although just one note of constructive feedback: I imagine with just one toaster, that corner of the dining room could get quite congested when the hotel at higher occupancy - which, will come if the positive reviews I've seen so far continue) All in all, very enjoyable stay and very much look forward to the next one . . . We'll done

Room Tip: The front of hotel gets passing traffic, so expect back likely to be quieter?
3  Thank CAGS293
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Superb hotel, clean, great facilities, excellent value for money and the staff are so friendly. The rooms are well equipped and up to date. Will definately be staying there again, didn't get to use the spa as we ran out of time!!

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be as good as each other.
3  Thank Simon R
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Cannot say enough about this hotel. Stayed here for my boyfriends birthday last month and it was absolutely fabulous. A gorgeous modern boutique hotel in the city centre. The rooms are amazing; the comfiest bed I've ever slept in, full blackout blinds, even lovely little touches like bathrobes, slippers and Molton brown toiletries. The suites are so spacious and furnished beautifully. We unfortunately had dinner plans with family in the evening but we popped into the bar for a quick drink before heading off, it was stunning. A lovely atmosphere with live music, could have easily stayed there all night. Breakfast was gorgeous served in the brasserie, everything you could want. The staff were so attentive and friendly, I'm sure I must have annoyed them on the 3 separate occasions that I went to reception asking for scissors, Sellotape and a pen to wrap my boyfriends presents. Oops! If you are looking for somewhere to stay in Liverpool, don't even bother looking at anywhere else. This is the one! Recommended it to everyone I know and will 100% be coming back.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank eg45
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Dont know where to start.... This hotel is beautiful, the best hotel I have ever stayed in. My husband and I stayed here for one night, wish it was more....
It is exceptionally clean, very boutique style with excellent staff who where very helpful and polite. We stayed in an apartment right at the top of the hotel, the room had a double bed which was very comfortable and I loved how dark it was when we woke in the morning I could have stayed there all day.... the kitchen, living room area was well designed I would have this in my own home and a very large stunning bathroom, all of which we excellent and very clean.
I would 100% returned to this hotel.
Excellent stay thank you very much!!!

3  Thank Janet D
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed in a luxurious suite that had 2 enormous double beds, kitchen, dining area and 2 ensuite rooms. The beds were incredibly comfortable. The staff were so friendly helpful and polite. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast the next morning. Perfect location for getting to anywhere Central in the city centre.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sue M
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We loved our weekend in Liverpool and staying at the Richmond made it even more special.
The suite/apartment style rooms were beautifully decorated and equipped with everything we needed and more, the bed was extremely comfortable with lovely crisp bedding, the bathroom was spotlessly clean and the Molton Brown wash/bath accessories were gorgeous.
I had fruit and croissants for breakfast, both very fresh and delicious.

The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars are; 1. the heating didn't work, I didn't report it until day 2 after suffering from the cold, we were given portable heaters for both rooms, 2. the view looked into a manky side street with a red brick building straight in front, 3. I mentioned it was my partners birthday on booking and check in and thought (as with most other hotels we visit) there might have been something nice in the room for him, these faults didn't really spoil our stay but as I said they did take away the fifth star.

Would recommend!