“Luxury stay at The Richmond”

The Richmond, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #34 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Decided to do some shopping & sightseeing in Liverpool between Christmas and new year. After researching central hotels choose The Richmond after reading some excellent reviews. Booked a double room with booking.com with the option of an extra bed for our son. Arrived early but couldn't check in until 3pm, however we could leave our luggage with the concierge who quickly took our car to the security parking.
After returning from Albert Dock, approx a 10 min walk away, we were quickly checked in and given our key. However, upon entering the room we realised there was no extra bed. I went back down to reception and was told the double rooms were too small to have an extra bed and this option was a mistake on the booking.com website. Thankfully this was not a problem, the receptionist gave me the key to a junior suite at no extra cost!
Wow, this room was lovely. A fully equipped kitchen, complete with fridge freezer and dishwasher. A queen sized bed, with 50' TV, sitting area with another 50' TV and 2 sofas, one of which was made up into a bed for our son. The bathroom was beautiful with Molton Brown toiletries. The bed was so comfy and we all slept really well.
The whole hotel is gorgeous, spotlessly clean and staff very helpful and pleasant. Conveniently located for Liverpool One, the museums and Albert Dock.
My only 2 niggles about the room is lack of a dressing table mirror in the bedroom and could have done with a clock on the bedside table but really not a problem.
If considering a trip to Liverpool, do not hesitate to book The Richmond, a real gem!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Steven B
Write a ReviewReviews (2,324)

Reviewed 29 December 2013

After reading some of the great reviews and viewing The Richmond's fantastic website, I decided to book a suite for my birthday.

Upon arrival I was greeted by the friendly Reception staff who quickly booked us in for the night. The Concierge then parked our car in the secure car park.

I was blown away by the Suite!! It was decorated to such an amazing standard with two large plasma televisions. The kitchen was well stocked with enough pots, pans and utensils to cook a roast for ten!!

The bed was extremely comfortable and we both slept like a log.

The breakfast was just what the doctor ordered and so very fresh with a great selection of hot and cold food.

The staff were extremely polite, helpful and efficient.

We will definitely stay here again the next time we have a special occasion and would recommend to anyone who wants their night to be something a bit special.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank James W
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Got a free upgrade to a junior suite over Christmas as the hotel was quiet. Felt like a rockstar... the photos on the hotel website do not do it justice as it is way better IRL. Fully equipped with everything you need and very nicely decorated and very spacious. Staff very friendly and helpful indeed (apart from, may I say, the maid, who probably needs sacking!) Was promised a visit from the maid every day and a turn down service every night, but in the 3 nights, 4 days I stayed there, she only made one appearance and I kept having to ask for top ups of milk, teabags, toiletries etc. Apart from that, and the fact that the last night was noisy due to party animals and the TV had a permanent running commentary that no-one could fix, thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Bit cold throughout hotel, but food in bar/restaurant was excellent and great choice of drinks. Good location just a few minutes from everything. The spa was over the road however and one of the pools was out of order and the jacuzzi did not bubble...still despite all these little things...would still go again and I would recommend. Clean, comfortable, light, bright and airy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel_DK7616TJ
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Spent one night here to explore Liverpool, turned out to be a great choice.
Location is good, a 10 Min walk from Liverpool one and the cavern area. The room was wonderful with an extremely comfortable mattress, the whole hotel just feels very nice.
The highlight, just when I left the hotel, I asked for directions to the Cavern Club. One of the front desk staff just finished work and offered me to bring me there if I wait a minute for him to get ready. Wow!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Remnik
Reviewed 23 December 2013

An overnight stay in Liverpool and wished we had had longer! Conveniently located - great value and extremely friendly and helpful staff. A relatively new hotel, privately owned and with all the right touches to make a very pleasant stay. ALL the staff from concierge to receptionist to room service and restaurant staff were excellent - they have got it all right and we will definitely return when back in Liverpool and highly recommend!!! :-)

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Gillian M
Reviewed 21 December 2013

If luxury is what you are after then this is the right place! I absolutely can not fault the place one bit. The building is beautiful, the rooms plush and luxurious. Staff were helpful and friendly and we had such a fantastic time. My husband had asked for a bottle of champagne to be put on ice in the room before we arrived - not a problem. It was there waiting for us in a bucket of ice. We loved it here and will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mardykerrie
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I did not want to leave, the bed especially. Unbelievabley comfy! Food is great, staff are a pleasure and the service overall is a ten out of ten for me. I would most definitely stay at this particular hotel again From Martin & Stephanie!

• Stayed: December 2013