“Rich Pickings At The Richmond”

The Richmond, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #34 of 98 Hotels in Liverpool
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This hotel in Liverpool is superb. All members of staff were excellent and only too willing to please. The range of facilities are first-class and the room was a joy to use.
Food is also wonderful, especially the breakfast with such a grand choice - including six variation son fruit juice.
This hotel is an ideal base to explore Liverpool - only 10 min walk from the railway station and another 10 min from Pier Head to visit museums, cathedrals and the Mersey.
This deal included free dinner and wine as well as breakfast. Must visit again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the road.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John H

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Well what can I say we came and stayed for our friends birthday 2nights stay. The hotel is very well done, very clean and very posh,the food was great and the service was next to none the rooms are lovely and the staff can not do enough for you would I stay again YES. Loved it. Thanks to Rebecca and all the staff for being so helpful and friendly.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan D
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This was our first trip away with our 16 week old Daughter. What a great trip!!!!! The concierge were so helpful even with all our extra luggage. The Bar/Restautrant area is very modern and comfortable. The staff were all very polite and happy, giving excellant service throughout the day. Our room was unbelievable!!!!!!! So comfy, warm, clean and a real home away from home. The price for this place is a absolute bargain. Breakfast was included. A huge choice and all delicious. We ate in restaurant during the evening. The food and service was brilliant.
The location is just 5 mins walk from Liverpool one and the Liverbuilding.
An amazing break away made even better by the Richmond staff being so acommodating of our new baby. Thank you.
We will definately be returning and will recommend you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank meandmyEngland
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My friend and I have just returned from a two night break in Liverpool,.
I can't speak highly enough of this hotel...clean, comfortable, excellent food and friendly, helpful staff.
The room had a high ceiling and we initially felt a bit cold...but one word to reception and we were furnished with a heater, no questions asked.
Beautiful velvety curtains by the way and the decor everywhere lovely.
You may gather from this that I would have no hesitation in recommending "The Richmond"!
(Hi to Les, the concierge)

Room Tip: We booked through travelzoo so got REALLYgood value
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth L
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel was booked for me by my company for a one night stay to attend a training course. After a very traumatic experience getting very lost driving round Liverpool I finally arrived to a very warm welcome from the young man on reception. He did a fabulous job of calming me down after my journey & put my mind at rest about the thought of having to drive to the course venue the nest day. He looked up the location for me & suggested that i leave my car at the hotel & get a taxi to the venue as it would be easier. i was very grateful for this help and advice.
When I got to my room I was very impressed with it straight away. It was very clean & luxurious in looks and the 50 inch smart TV on the wall was an added luxury. Once settled in I went to the restaurant for some dinner. The service was very good & the waitress was able to recommenced something off of the menu for me to try. I had the Liverpool "Scouse" followed by a pecan cake both of which were delicious.
My night sleep was perfect the bed was very comfortable, the room was warm & cosy everything I could have asked for. Although my room was situated at the front of the hotel I did not hear any street noise at all during my nights stay. The breakfast was good with a choice of fresh fruit, cereals, croissants & full English with tea & coffee served to you at your table by the waiting staff.
As I only stayed for one night I did not get to use the spa facilities. All in all my stay at The Richmond Hotel was very good in all areas. I would definitely stay here again for either business or pleasure and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Geraldine T
HeskyStevens, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thanks so much for writing the review, can appreciate driving around the City Centre can be challenging. As Gm, I always try my best to comment on reviews, but can be time consuming, but your review was so nicely written and productive, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to do so and hopefully see you back at the Richmond again soon.

Kind Regards
Steven Hesketh

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I visit Liverpool 2-3 days per week on business and have been staying at the Richmond since October of last year. The facilities are first class, the location is very good but the best feature of all is the staff. Without exception they are professional, competent and friendly. I have unreservedly recommended the Richmond to family and friends and they have all been equally impressed.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Graham R
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed with friends for a rare escape from the kids and did not want to leave. And not because of the kids! From the moment we arrived we were made to feel special, both from the smiling staff to the luxurious rooms. We stayed in a junior suite which gave us a front door with two doors beyond it - one to a double room with ensuite bathroom, and the other into a suite with ensuite shower room. All areas were spacious, well equipped and incredibly plush - and the best minor detail of all? Real filter coffee :-) :-) :-) (Ive fallen out with many a hotel who have tried to fob me off with Nescafe) We had no need for the kitchen equipment but was impressed by how self sufficient you could be if you were staying long enough to not choose to dine in the restaurant, or if you had young children with you who needed food or milk prepared etc. The hotel have suites with 3 and 4 rooms beyond initial door too so ideal for larger groups or families who want to be in same area.
We had pre dinner drinks in our lounge area and lost track of time finding our way around the huge smart TV! And I could even kick hubby into the bedroom area to put the footi on his own TV then watch what I wanted because the suite has two 50" smart TVs! Room service was immediate and no trouble whatsoever.
We ate in the restaurant and had a good banter with the staff. The steaks were cooked exactly as we asked, and I thoroughly recommend the squid starter. Melted in the mouth.
Breakfast had a good variety of food and a few individual requests were accommodated very quickly.
We used the spa both days and despite having to cross the road to do so (opted out of wearing our robes for this!) found it to be a real hidden gem. Felt like we could have been anywhere in the world (no offence Liverpool!) and totally lost track of time.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting luxury and relaxation and whom like me, think a smile goes a long way.

Room Tip: At last - a hotel which offers rooms within a room to suit large groups
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends