“Friendly service”

Ranked #35 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
London
“Friendly service”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here on a Friday night and got a little nervous about the amount of hen parties clearly staying in the hotel (noise - wise). But, we didn't hear a thing. Our room was very nice, 5 star quality and quiet. The service was exceptionally good. Very pleased. Very nice people. Will return. Special thanks to the guys on the concierge desk.

1 Thank MrsStocksy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Me and boyfriend stayed here as part of an offer from travel zoo. We had a great time! The hotel is beautiful! Our room was lovely, big, well equipped and clean. We had tea in the hotel, we both had steak and it was delicious. Everybody was so friendly and helpful. We would DEFINITELY stop her again!

• Stayed February 2014
Liverpool
Reviewed 23 February 2014

The R Bar and Brasserie in the Richmond Hotel, Liverpool are well worth a visit, the staff are attentive and efficient. There is a good atmosphere in the restaurant, the food is excellent, the cheesecake was the best I had ever eaten. As I only visited the restaurant, I cannot comment on the hotel.

3 Thank LegsLiverpool
HeskyStevens, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thanks for the comments - our Head Chef, Damien Flynn is fantastic, so we have to agree with you 100% - he will be chuffed to read this.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Valentines surprise booked by my lovely husband. Where to start, this hotel is just beautiful, spacious rooms with extremely comfortable beds, brilliant staff who can not do enough for you and full of information to help guide you to all the best places to visit in the city which you are only a short walk away from perfect for those shopaholics. Olympus Health club and Spa is a must visit. This was one of the most relaxing stays I have ever had in a city hotel, we loved it so much we booked an extra night stay. One last thing the bar makes some gorgeous cocktails. Two very happy guests looking forward to our next trip to this beautiful hotel in an amazing city.

2 Thank sian s
Thanks for your lovely comments, your welcome back anytime.
Our cocktails are certainly a customer favourite, we look forward to having you back again soon.

KInd Regards
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I went with a Groupon voucher which was indeed worth it - 99£ HB with discount to the adjacent SPA.

The check in/ check out were smooth and the staff really attentive and nice.

The dinner was not excellent but good. Breakfast was brought to the room for 5£ and it was really good.

The rooms have a good size, comfortable bed, huge TV and the bathroom has body shop products.

I also had a treatment at the SPA and it was well worth it too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alexutz_m
I aalways love getting reviewed by TOP CONTRIBUTORS, as they are talking from experience, great little review and appreciate your time writing one.
Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Firstly - I don't complain for the sake of complaining. I'm a firm believer in making the most out of your stay - but I felt compelled to feedback my experiences of The Richmond.

My wife and I booked an overnight stay in a Classic Double Room on the 18th of February through LastMinute.com.

A couple of the things that attracted us to The Richmond where –

• The impeccable guest service
• The onsite parking
• Climate Controlled rooms
• Exclusive Molton Brown products

On arrival – we used the On-Site parking as advertised, and although the concierge was a little busy – we felt that this was much better than having to find parking at extortionate prices.

We arrived a little early, but were still made to wait until well after 3pm to check in as our room was not ready.
We waited in the bar, and when we returned to check in, there was a considerable queue with people that obviously had the same problem. This made our check in even later.

The room seemed fine for our stay, and we unpacked our overnight bags and headed out to enjoy our visit to Liverpool.

When we arrived back in our room later that evening – the heat was stifling. We turned off the Air Conditioner, and attempted to open the windows to let some air in. We found that all the windows were stuck fast, so we settled down to sleep, hoping the room would cool through the night.

My wife and I both woke up at approximately 2am, with sweat dripping off us because of the heat. It was like being abroad – but with no ceiling fan to help out, or air conditioning to cool us down.
I tried again in vain to open some windows to let some air in, but they obviously were not meant to open.
I turned on the Air con again, to see if I could turn it down to the coolest setting, but it was still continuing to blow warm air. The thermostat also fell off the wall and into my hand!
We both had to take showers to cool us down in the end, and first thing in the morning, we checked out early as we couldn’t stand the heat anymore.
This also meant we did not use any of the Spa facilities we had paid for.

When I explained the situation to the person on reception, there was no apology – just that we should have rang the night porter, and the windows do not open as it is a listed building.
I have never heard of anything so absurd. I have stayed in many hotels that have windows that open (even though some only open slightly for safety reasons), and I have certainly never heard of a listed building having restrictions on windows opening!

We also noticed that there were no Molton Brown products as advertised. You can imagine that some people may be attracted to the hotel just for the exclusive products on offer, only to be greeted with something different.

When checking out – we were told that the parking was the only item that needed paying on our room, and it would be £12.50.
I was not advised about the charge for parking beforehand when I asked to park the car, and I have since checked over the website, and cannot find any reference to a charge for parking.
So to say I was surprised that I was being asked to pay an additional £12.50 for parking is an understatement.
If I had known about the charge up front, I could have made up my own mind to find something less expensive if it was available.

There were a few other small things that added to our disappointment –
No hand wash in the ladies toilets in the bar
Some friends that also stayed in the hotel were given two single beds, even though I specifically booked a Classic Double for them – they were then moved to another room.
Their shower tray also leaked, causing flooding in the room
Their Air Con was also only blowing out warm air all night
(I felt the issues they also had reflected badly on me, as I recommended the hotel and booked it on their behalf)

I have since checked the reviews on Trip Advisor, and over the last week – it seems that a lot of people are complaining about the heat in the rooms.
If this is an issue that is affecting other guests – why is something not being done about it? And why is it not being acknowledged at Reception when guests complain?

Overall – we were disappointed with our overnight stay, in what should have been “an exclusive experience to us” – but it was far from exclusive to us, and will not be returning.

Room Tip: Make sure the Air Con works before sleeping
1 Thank Darryl S
Thanks for taking the time to write, and apologies you feel we didnt meet your expectation.
It was great to hear initially, that you enjoyed the benefit of our Valet Secure Parking, but naturally disappointed to hear you weren't ahppy as you thought it would be free?
Our website, confirmations, etc all state there is a charge, and being a City Centre Hotel, unfortunately parking isnt free anywhere in the city, but we will review these to check to see if we can make it any clearer.
The weekend you stayed was exceptionally busy, and I again apologise the room was slightly later than 3pm as advertised as the check in, very occassionally this can be a stretch, and on this occassion it was and we do sincerely apologise.
In respects to the air conditioning, again its a great feature to be able to cool and heat the room accordingly, and certainly if you had contacted Reception we could have adjusted the temperature for you, or provided you with a fan if there was an issue with the air con.
Finally Molton Brown products where removed from the Hotel back in December 13, it was customer feedback that advised us, that competitive rates at a sacrifice of small extra's like Face Clothes and High End Toiletries like Molton Brown, can happily be exchanged for Body Shop for the Suite Rooms and Lubatti for the Classic Rooms, so we made these changes and ammended all information on our sites & 3rd Party Sites accordingly, so apologies this wasnt seem prior to arriving.
In closing all feedback is taken on board, and I am disaapointed we havent met your expectation.
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My boyfriend booked the hotel as a surprise for me as a late Valentines getaway. The hotel has a beautiful interior with attentive staff at both the reception and the concierge desk, had a lovely chat with the girl behind the reception desk too and she's was lovely and helpful.
Our room was gorgeous with a lovely big bed and a stylish interior and a great bathroom (the shower was great too).
The only thing I'd say against the hotel is that before we left for the train we decided to have an evening meal at the hotel, staff were a bit slow serving us, I also had the duck which was very dry.
The bar staff were friendly and produced some of the best cocktails i've ever had.
So perfect hotel but they may want to re assess the menu?
Sadly did not indulge in the hotel's facilities. Will do next time.

Room Tip: Booked through LateRooms.com, great place to book through for a good deal
1 Thank Anna R
Thanks so much for your comments, glad you enjoyed most of your stay, apologies for the slight delay in service speed on Valentines, it was a "mad busy one", and the team were slightly pushed, but glad it didn't detract away from everything else.