“An oasis-fantastic!”

Ranked #38 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Ilkley, United Kingdom
“An oasis-fantastic!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

What a fantastic place to stay. Staff were all lovely from walking in to leaving. The bedroom was a dream..night lighting/good morning lighting etc - Huge TV with every channel you could think of.- Bed & bedding soooooooo comfortable...didn't want to get up in the morning. Cafetiere for making coffee-delish biscuits...fruit teas. The bathroom was huge-great shower-Molten Brown hair/shower products-fluffy bath sheets...what more can I say. Then... over the road to the Spa...unfortunately they were having problems with the jet sprays but the steam room was great..lovely & steamy...and the atmosphere was so relaxing in the spa...dim lighting...comfy loungers...and 3 mini pools (2+Jacuzzi)...although sprays not working it was great to float in the various mini pools as they were set to different temperatures....just wish I had had time for a mini facial and mini massage...both at a good price. We were also given towels and bathrobes (have to say bath robe was better quality on a recent Cunard cruise!). Breakfast was cooked very well and there was good quality yoghurts/juices/croissants etc. It was a lovely stay and I can't wait to go back...oh yes, parking? There is a half price concession at a super secure in door Q Park nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Judy S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Found the hotel through laterooms.com. A double room for a bargain price. The room was big and the bathroom had a big shower (but no bath). The room was in a suite of three rooms off the main corridor of the hotel. Very comfortable big double bed and a very large TV. Free wifi, complimentary water and coffee available. Nice self service breakfast and concierge parking for £15. The visit cost about £100 which, for two people, in a nice hotel, is a bargain. Very conveniently located with very friendly staff. Would definitely come again if I go back to Liverpool.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bhanudhir
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have stayed at The Richmond twice now, each time for a week on business. I will be returning on the 5th May for a further week.
The staff are great, friendly and can't do enough for you. If there are any issues they resolve them almost straight away.
The hotel is ideally place and only 5-10 minutes walk to shops, pubs, restaurants and bars.
I booked a junior suite both times and wasn't disappointed. I used the free gym across the street, although a little small I could always use any of the equipment I wanted without having to wait.
You get reduced parking in the near by Q park, car park which is only 3 minutes walk from the hotel at a rate of £8 for 24hrs. In the middle of any city that is a bargain.
I also got a good business rate from the room and boasted to my work colleagues how much room I had. There were no noise issues when I stayed there.
The hotel is ideal for families due to the size of some of the rooms

Thanks everyone at the Richmond and I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Go for a junior suite if you can afford it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark E
Sheffield England
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have just stayed at the Richmond for one night for my wifes birthday. Have got nothing but praise for this hotel and staff from arriving to leaving even before arriving with big thankyou to Chloe who emailed me week before we was going asking if there was anything we need to know etc.
I asked a few things directions etc which was answered very professionally but i mentioned the wifes birthday and we was upgraded to a suite which was brilliant complimentary.
All staff from concierge at door,reception staff bar staff and restaurant staff friendly and efficient barman remembered our drinks that we had ordered before our night out and when we walked in later for a nightcap asked if we wanted the same and got spot on.
Our room which was a suite was fantastic two big smart tvs one in living room one in bedroom big fridge freezer cooker kettle more than we needed but if we was staying longer would have been good.
Good location about 10 minute walk to Albert docks bit less to Liverpool one etc receptionist gave us great directions.
Only regret about our stay was we only booked one night wish it had been longer.
Big thankyou to everybody at the Richmond.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blotchyfrogs
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I've stayed in this thanks to Living Social offer,it is a nice place,very clean, beds are amazingly big and comfy, extensive tea&coffee facilities, huge fluffy towels. On the other side of the street there is a nice spa where you can enjoy jacuzzi and dry&wet steam room(remember to take a paddlock from home as I didn't had any provided). Food is delicious-my friend and I both had dinner and breakfast(full English plus massive selection of continental brekkie things). Staff is very helpfull and polite.
It is within walking distance to city's main attractions and Lime St train station
I recommend it to anyone and next time in Liverpool I will definately stay there again

Room Tip: I've stayed on the 1st floor,street side and it was nice and quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank JustynaUK
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely place, typical warm Scouse welcome, walkable from Lime Street station and Liverpool One. Walls a but thin, but on the plus side at least I drew some comfort from the fact that the couple in the next room obviously love each other very much. Will take headphones next time.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Alison J
Saltash, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Having booked a "Top Secret" hotel via lastminute.com, the Richmond turned out to be a good "coice". A bit difficult to find as it's on a one-way system and the down side is that there is no on-site parking unless you want to pay £15 for valet parking. (beware, lastminute told me that there was on-site parking). Also, the immediate arrear appears a bit run down but it's only a five minute walk from some really good pibs and restaurants and twenty minutes from Liverpool docks.
Inside, the hotel was beautifully decorated and the staff were very friendly and helpful. When we had a problem with the taps on the bath, they immediately moved us to a different room (a suite, no less).
The room was lovely and very quiet. I felt perfectly safe at all times as you have two locked doors between the room and the corridor.
This was my first trip to Liverpool and I would definitely stay at The Richmond again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple