“Won Over”

Ranked #34 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Widnes, United Kingdom
“Won Over”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We arrived around 7.30 and went down to the restaurant for our meal about an hour later. I couldn't believe how small the restaurant was. We were located in at a table in a central location. I was too disappointed to complain. We always prefer a table adjacent to a wall.
However, after several French Martinis provided by a charming young waiter/barman, things started to improve. Both our meals were absolutely mouth watering. We were provided with some personal tuition in cocktail mixing by the young barman, and finished our dining experience with a shared Bread & Butter Pudding ( out of this world ).
The following day, we were presented with a booth location for breakfast. The quality of the "Full English" was outstanding.
All in all, I must say that we were totally won over by the charm and attention of the staff and the quality of the food. My initial disappointment had disappeared into nothing.
We would not hesitate to stay in this quality hotel again when we next visit this great city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EdwardSusan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed one nite and I didn't want to go home.
Great location
Very friendly staff
Stayed in an apartment with balcony, was very spacious and clean.
We had the buffet breakfast the next morning which was great value for money, and plenty of choice.
Me and my friends will definitely return to the Richmond

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Although we only stayed for the one night I can honestly say it was one of the best nights I've ever had on a hotel.
The staff are brilliant, nothing's too much trouble. Lucy the bar manager was a breath of fresh air, totally commited to her job and the customer.
The rooms are beautiful and the beds are incredible I actually didn't want to get up they are the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in including my bed at home. Everywhere is spotless and tust me I am a clean freak and to be honest a top complainer but I couldn't pick fault.
Breakfast was perfect and once again the staff couldn't do enough. Reception staff couldn't have been more helpful. I actually can't fault the hotel or the staff. Use the valet parking it's worth every penny my car was outside ready for me to jump in which was a massive bonus since we we're experiencing a typical British storm.
To end, my stay was perfect and I will be staying there again and very soon. Thank you Richmond hotel and staff we'll see you very soon. Kim and Em.

• Stayed June 2014
HeskyStevens, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write such a fantastic review.

It is always nice to hear such positive feedback Our team will very much appreciate your comments.

Hope to see you at The Richmond again soon.

Kind Regards

Steven Hesketh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in a junior suite while my wife & her bestie were attending an event at The Echo Arena.

Location is great, 5 minute walk into city centre, 15 - 20 minutes to Chinatown, charming property with history as opposed to a regurgitated chain hotel. Rooms were lovely and a snip at less than a £100 including breakfast, massive bathroom with cooking facilities if required (not that we used them)!!!

In the main staff were great, reception, concierge, waitresses at breakfast all really attentive & friendly. Only reason for rating it very good as opposed to excellent was the service at the bar in the evening - barman more interested in chatting up some single young ladies at the bar (to be fair sure I would have been the same at his age!) as opposed to serving our party - but this was the only minor blip.

We will definitely return if staying in the city, one tip though would be to drop bags at the hotel before parking at The Q Car Park on Dale & Vernon Streets - it's about a 5 minute walk so not ideal if you've got heavy bags or it's raining.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Blackburn Lancs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just back from a weekend in Liverpool and a one night stay at The Richmond,a great location and a quality establishment, we had a double room and a dinner bed and breakfast package, the dinner was worth the price alone, and the breakfast buffet was as good as any I have had anywhere, combined with staff who are clearly enjoying working there, it all made for a very pleasant experience, and one I would be happy to recommend or repeat.
If you do stay here be sure to visit the Ship & Mitre pub around the corner for the finest selection of beer in Liverpool.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Booked this hotel for 1 night via Late Rooms so got cheaper rate which didn't include breakfast. I arrived late in the evening and checked out early the next day for work, so only spent about 10 hours there in total. The first thing I noticed was the musty smell of the room. The room was big with a very high ceiling, however the window faced into a dark alley and the ceiling and walls looked like they needed attention as there were cracks and dirty marks.

There was a small cupboard with hangers but the door of the cupboard was quite 'distressed' looking...and not in a good way. It needed at least another coat of paint and looked like it had just been shoved on there without much thought. There was no full length mirror, in fact no mirror in the bedroom at all.

The bathroom door did not fully shut and although the bathroom was quite large, the sink was placed very close to the radiator/towel rail, which made the space seem tighter than it ought to have been...given there was plenty of wall space for the radiator elsewhere. There were no towel hooks on the door/walls, so the towels (which were not like 4 star hotel towels as they were hard and starchy) were hung on the radiator, taking up an extra inch or so of space by the sink that would've been helpful given the tight space. The fact that the radiator was boiling hot made things even trickier...and I am a small person!

As I didn't have breakfast booked, I wanted to make a cup of tea or coffee in my room in the morning. I did not dare to boil the kettle as it had a thick black crust on the bottom of the kettle which smelled awful. You really need to put a new kettle in that room!

The bed was comfortable. And the tv was absurdly huge...so good if you like that kind of thing. The staff on reception were helpful and friendly - so it wasn't all bad. But I wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 243 if possible!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nat_jaeger
roldan. Murcia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely welcome, exceptionally friendly helpful staff, from the minute you walked through the front door, they made you feel special. Nice big rooms, not sure I like the kitchen and dinning in the bedroom! I would not like to entertain in it. Vary clean. Had a problem with the internet and they came up twice yo sort it and then I had to move rooms, but they gave me a bottle of worn for my inconvenience. Great location and no noise. DEFINATELY stay here again! Nite to GM your staff are a credit to you!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
HeskyStevens, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Richmond and will be sure to pass on your comments and feedback to our team, they really do appreciate it.

Hope to see you again on your next visit to Liverpool.

Kind Regards