“Would stay again!”

Ranked #34 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Would stay again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

A colleague and I recently stayed at the Richmond for two nights for a work trip.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful - they couldn't do enough for us. Rooms were spacious and clean, free and reliable WiFi and a great breakfast.

We would defnitely stay here again :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Rebecca O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
North Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

had a lovely overnight stay - it's very convenient for shops and nightlife.
The room was large and very clean but could do with a bit of maintenance - the sink had a crack and shower sprayed out onto the floor. The room could have done with a settee or some chairs - it was large enough and would have made it more cosy and comfortable. The bed was ver very comfortable. However, what made our stay special was the staff - every single one of them was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good, with good quality ingredients and plenty of choice. We'll definitely stay here again next time we're in Liverpool

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tillykh
HeskyStevens, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The Richmond Liverpool.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff will be thrilled with your lovely comments.

We have taken on board your comments regarding the maintenance issues in your room and have addressed the situation.

We look forward welcoming you to The Richmond again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Steven Hesketh
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I only stayed for one night but never again. There were two staff on reception but one did not deal with customers so the other one was over loaded. They had to deal with the customers both queries and booking in as well as calls. There were several issues and everytime I asked for help I felt I was being a nuisance. The room was very cold and when I asked if I could have more heat I was looked at as though I was not being reasonable and with a sign told someone would come to see me. I asked for an ironing board 3 times! when I went to pay for the sandwiches the credit card machine was not working in the bar so I had to go to the overworked receptionist! The bar staff were friendly and very helpful but no one else was. All in all I would not stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Lygols
Steven-GM, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Many Thanks for taking the time to feedback your comments, these are naturally disappointing comments and we apologise you have experienced this disappointment, usually we have exceedingly positive customer experience and our Reception team are usually favourite's with our guests on service and friendliness, we will review our peak periods to ensure sufficient cover is in place and also reflect as a team in relation to your overall service comments.
Appreciate your time taken to feedback.
Kind Regards
Steven Hesketh
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

One of a number of independent boutique style hotels in Liverpool I found the Richmond was mildly disappointing. The rooms are too small and not well maintained. It's a pity because there has obviously been some serious money spent on the fixtures and fittings. There is a massive plasma tv which compensates slightly but even that was marred by a damaged remote control. Not bad overall but could do better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PhilofEnglandLondon
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I haven't got a bad word for here I absolutely love it! You feel really at home I didn't want to leave! I was shocked to see some people moaning about this hotel because I can't find a fault. The cocktails at the bar are lovely! Stayed here 3 times and will defiantly be back! Wouldn't choose anywhere else in liverpool now

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Girl1234567a
Widnes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We arrived around 7.30 and went down to the restaurant for our meal about an hour later. I couldn't believe how small the restaurant was. We were located in at a table in a central location. I was too disappointed to complain. We always prefer a table adjacent to a wall.
However, after several French Martinis provided by a charming young waiter/barman, things started to improve. Both our meals were absolutely mouth watering. We were provided with some personal tuition in cocktail mixing by the young barman, and finished our dining experience with a shared Bread & Butter Pudding ( out of this world ).
The following day, we were presented with a booth location for breakfast. The quality of the "Full English" was outstanding.
All in all, I must say that we were totally won over by the charm and attention of the staff and the quality of the food. My initial disappointment had disappeared into nothing.
We would not hesitate to stay in this quality hotel again when we next visit this great city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EdwardSusan
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed one nite and I didn't want to go home.
Great location
Very friendly staff
Stayed in an apartment with balcony, was very spacious and clean.
We had the buffet breakfast the next morning which was great value for money, and plenty of choice.
Me and my friends will definitely return to the Richmond

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends