“Very Nice Stay!”

Ranked #37 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Stay!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My partner and I stayed for two nights for my birthday at the beginning of June (2014).
The Hotel is conveniently located to Liverpool one and other attractions. Upon arrival we were greeted and given our room key, our first impressions of the hotel were very good, the staff were friendly and welcoming and the hotel is beautifully decorated.
The room was spacious, modern and very clean - the bed was extremely comfy. The hotel bar has brilliant reasonably priced cocktails however the menu was very basic and didn't have much to choose from - so we ate out of the hotel on both nights so can not comment on the quality of the dishes.
The first night we asked a concierge to order us a taxi to our restaurant, however the taxi never arrived which was disappointing. We visited the Spa on the Sunday - this was a let down (but partly our fault for not researching it more) It was two Jacuzzi (the other one broken) a sauna and a steam room all in one small room. The room was nicely decorated and clean but very small and crowded. However once a large group of girls left we had the place to ourselves which was a nice treat.
Upon arriving back from the spa we couldn't enter our room because the key was not opening the door, however that was sorted quickly and the key replaced. We arrived back at 5pm to find our room hadn't been cleaned- we began getting ready for dinner and at 6:45pm housekeeping knocked the door!

Bottom line - beautiful hotel, perfect location , lovely staff and a good stay . However we were disappointed with the rooms not being cleaned and the spa but the positives out weighed the negatives!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Champs1107

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have been staying at the Richmond hotel for months now while I work in Liverpool during week days.

During my time in Liverpool I have stayed in many of the top rated hotels but this one is by far my favorite. The staff are very accommodating and helpful, the food is delicious and the rooms are fantastic. I stay in a studio suite with a kitchen which means I can cook if I want to (though rarely do as the room service menu is so good!), the beds are very, very comfortable and the furnishings are really lovely.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel. If you are looking for somewhere special to stay for the weekend, or like myself, somewhere to stay while you're away on business then The Richmond is perfect!

Room Tip: Studio suites are my fave, especially when you are here for a long time - you have all the benefits...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Adele_Jenks
Nottingham
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel is within walking distance of all the city attractions but in a quiet location. The hotel is beautifully decorated and we were given an apartment room rather than the standard double which I booked. The room was very spacious and extremely well equipped, very large bathroom.
The staff, although all quite young were engaging, friendly and very helpful. We tried the spa, which was quite small (and across the road from the actual hotel) but it was clean and again the staff were excellent, I must say all the locals we meet were extremely friendly. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank watpack
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Booked this hotel at the last minute as we were going to the Empire Theatre to support a relative performing the The Lion King. This hotel truly amazing and certainly the best hotel I have ever stayed at in this country. We shall definitely be visiting again and again. The 'R Bar and Brassiere' is very luxurious and even boasts a piano. I love it, time to plan my next visit very soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rose B
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

From start to finish what a wonderful hotel - would stay again very soon. The staff were all so helpful, the room beautiful and clean. The breakfast lovely, though the only complaint I can make is I was told, being a vegetarian, I could have some quorn sausages, but actually got some vegetable fingers in breadcrumbs, not quite the same with breakfast - however this is the only thing and the standard of this hotel is excellent.

Room Tip: I didn't use the spa so obviously can't comment.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen A
HeskyStevens, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

We really do appreciate your comments and feedback and are actually in the process of expanding our vegetarian breakfast options.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to The Richmond again very soon.

Kind Regards

Steven Hesketh
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I got a lastminute.com booking for a fantastic rate. Although most of the Hotel has been refurbished, there is still areas that are work in progress.

Personally the decor is not to my taste, but smart, clean and tidy. Internet access good.

In summary, happy with price and quality!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert S
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel was clean, the surroundings were very nice and the room was perfect, it is close to the centre of Liverpool and is ideal for a week night's stay. Staff were very friendly and the food in the restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Benoit L
HeskyStevens, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to review The Richmond Liverpool.

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the city.

Please visit us again next time you are in Liverpool..

KInd Regards