“Good hotel in a good location”

The Richmond, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #36 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Good hotel in a good location”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Recently spent a couple of nights at The Richmond and found the bedroom and bathroom very clean, nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. The only thing that could improve it would be a mirror in the bedroom (most ladies use straighteners or curling tongues or hair driers) .The public rooms were also very nice. We found the staff quite charming, very helpful and they always greeted us with a smile.

Room Tip: We had a very quiet room on the ground floor at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jonzac, France
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had booked a classic double room and so were very pleased to be upgraded to a double suite though no told us on arrival. The rooms were spacious but rather cluttered by the furniture which resulted in an obstacle course between bed and bathroom, also the shower tray caused problems with water slopping out at the back all over the bathroom floor. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was reasonable for the reduced price of £8 but there were shortages in evidence on the second day. The bar and restaurant lacked atmosphere.

1 Thank 115Sid
Gt harwood
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Richmond hotel is only a few streets from the docks, nightlife and shopping area..hotel looks posh and is very clean and the staff where very friendly and helpful (supplied me with a bottle opener for my boyfriends birthday beer I had brought). The food was amazing and breakfast set us up for the day.
We stayed in the double classic room which was a little small but the bed was cozy an tv huge so walking space wasn't needed.
The spa was in a separate building over the road. It was clean an was a nice start to my night away,

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Shada1
HeskyStevens, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank You for taking the time out to write a review.

We appreciate your positive feedback and comments and will be sure to pass them on to our team.

Thank you for choosing The Richmond and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Steven Hesketh
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The rooms is this hotel are spacious, clean and comfy. It was a perfect location for a Liverpool break. This was a second visit and I have already booked to return in August. I will be bringing my friends and feel happy that they will not be disappointed by my choice of hotel. The staff were very helpful and obviously prepared to go the 'extra mile'. We really enjoyed our stay.

1 Thank Val W
Thank you so much for your review.

We are so pleased you have enjoyed your stays with us so far and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you to The Richmond again in August.

Kind Regards

Steven Hesketh
England
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here early July, very nice exterior and interior. Staff all friendly and helpful, room was brill. Super kingsize bed, very comfy. Evening meal and breakfast were both excellent too, would definitely recommend this place as a great place to stay and still central to the city centre itself. Unfortunately we went on to manchester (lovely city) just chose the wrong hotel, in comparison to the Richmond it had nothing to offer!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sam12040
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were part of the Corporate Games and so the hotel was already booked for us. However we were very pleased when we arrived. Our room was on the 1st floor right opposite the lift which was very convenient as I am disabled. The staff were really helpful in all areas of the hotel. I am also a vegan but the chef did a fantastic stir fry on both Friday and Saturday and a salad on Thursday. We did make out a list (which we left with reception) of things that could be done to the rooms to make a good hotel a great hotel.

Unfortunately on Saturday night on my way to The Lord Mayoress Reception I fell and broke my ankle and ended up in hospital. I had very good care in the Hospital from beginning to when I left on Sunday night to return to the Richmond before my departure back to London on Monday. When we reached the Richmond the trouble began as they did not have a wheelchair and considering I was in a very long and heavy cast and not allowed to put any weight on it my husband and I were wondering what to do as we were the other side of the road. Luckily there were two people from the Corporate Games who put me on a chair and lifted me up and took me to my room.

The following morning we asked Reception if they could help and they sent someone up but didnt realise what was entailed. It took the thinking of the Housekeeper (I think her name was Debbie) to come up with the idea of getting the luggage trolley, putting a chair on it and taking me down to the taxi.

All in all the Richmond is a good hotel and I hope to come back and stay just to thank all the staff which I didn't really get chance to do. I wish you luck in the future and please take not of the comments I left. Because I have stayed in numerous hotels both here in Great Britain as well as all over the world I know what I am looking for. If you require anymore information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Room Tip: Cannot comment as have only stayed once but would have liked to have seen comments before arrival.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rose D
cumbria
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We booked this hotel last minute on secret escapes. As my mum had our daughter, for few days. So wanted hotel that was quite central, near shops,bars, restaurants etc if needed but had also a luxury feel about it as don't get time off together often. The Richmond did not disappoint great location as just 10min walk from Liverpool one, Albert dock etc the spa was a nice touch too if wanted a bit of pampering or a swim, workout etc parking if need at a discount rate. Room spacious had big flatscreen t.v, fresh coffee, minibar and large bathroom with rainshower. Breakfast was included on our deal and was lovely buffet style but everything u can imagine fresh fruit yogurt,cereal,pastries,cooked if wanted too all fresh. Lovely staff very helpful, needed hairdryer got sent straight up. Map for city, directions, taxis. All sorted 1st class service will definitely be back. Thank you really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We where in a standard double and was great lots of space. So suites and apartments Must be truly f...