“Great location', lovely hotel and good price”

The Richmond, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #38 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Great location', lovely hotel and good price”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed for one night on 11 july for hubby's bday. Room was lovely, clean and quite spacious. When booking in we were asked what our trip was for, I said it was hubby's bday and when we arrived back early evening to get showered and changed to go out, there was a bday card and bottle if wine. What a lovely touch! Would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank JillSpill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
West Midlands, UK
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at The Richmond for two nights and at first glance it is a very nice hotel in a good location. Unfortunately lots went wrong during my stay and I have to give an honest appraisal (most of my hotel reviews are 4* so this is out of the ordinary for me).

I'll start with the positives. The room was very nicely appointed (the curtains were particularly beautiful) and the staff mostly polite and quick to help. The shower was hot and powerful and woke me up when i needed it.

The list of negatives is a little longer. First my key card twice had to be reprogrammed (and no it wasn't near my mobile phone :) ) and one of these times was when I had 10 minutes to have shower before going out and subsequently could not take a shower as I had to wait at the desk. This was particularly annoying. Next, the air conditioner in my room did not work for the first night, it kept on displaying an 'Error 6' message and on a hot July night this meant I got no sleep. My lack of sleep was compounded the following morning; as I was up early I decided that a dip in the tub at the spa would be nice, and the spa (according to the literature in my room) opened at 6.30AM. I went to the reception desk at 6.35AM to ask directions only to be told "No one has picked the key up yet, it won't be open". The receptionist then called whoever was responsible who told him they were driving in and that it would take 20 minutes. I waited for 25 and no one had arrived so I eventually gave up and had breakfast. This was equally disappointing, the toaster broke as I used it and my toast didn't drop onto the tray. I'm not sure if the delay in trying to get my toast was the reason my food was stone cold when I managed to get to the table to eat it, but every constituent part was cold even though it had only been out of the heat lamps for 3 minutes. The breakfast on day two was at least warm, if not hot.

I realise this sounds like a list of small gripes but it really did spoil my stay, which is a shame as I adore Liverpool and will visit again soon.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ColonelDr
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Recently spent a couple of nights at The Richmond and found the bedroom and bathroom very clean, nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. The only thing that could improve it would be a mirror in the bedroom (most ladies use straighteners or curling tongues or hair driers) .The public rooms were also very nice. We found the staff quite charming, very helpful and they always greeted us with a smile.

Room Tip: We had a very quiet room on the ground floor at the back of the hotel.
Jonzac, France
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We had booked a classic double room and so were very pleased to be upgraded to a double suite though no told us on arrival. The rooms were spacious but rather cluttered by the furniture which resulted in an obstacle course between bed and bathroom, also the shower tray caused problems with water slopping out at the back all over the bathroom floor. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was reasonable for the reduced price of £8 but there were shortages in evidence on the second day. The bar and restaurant lacked atmosphere.

1 Thank 115Sid
Gt harwood
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Richmond hotel is only a few streets from the docks, nightlife and shopping area..hotel looks posh and is very clean and the staff where very friendly and helpful (supplied me with a bottle opener for my boyfriends birthday beer I had brought). The food was amazing and breakfast set us up for the day.
We stayed in the double classic room which was a little small but the bed was cozy an tv huge so walking space wasn't needed.
The spa was in a separate building over the road. It was clean an was a nice start to my night away,

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Shada1
HeskyStevens, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank You for taking the time out to write a review.

We appreciate your positive feedback and comments and will be sure to pass them on to our team.

Thank you for choosing The Richmond and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Steven Hesketh
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The rooms is this hotel are spacious, clean and comfy. It was a perfect location for a Liverpool break. This was a second visit and I have already booked to return in August. I will be bringing my friends and feel happy that they will not be disappointed by my choice of hotel. The staff were very helpful and obviously prepared to go the 'extra mile'. We really enjoyed our stay.

1 Thank Val W
Thank you so much for your review.

We are so pleased you have enjoyed your stays with us so far and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you to The Richmond again in August.

Kind Regards

Steven Hesketh
England
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here early July, very nice exterior and interior. Staff all friendly and helpful, room was brill. Super kingsize bed, very comfy. Evening meal and breakfast were both excellent too, would definitely recommend this place as a great place to stay and still central to the city centre itself. Unfortunately we went on to manchester (lovely city) just chose the wrong hotel, in comparison to the Richmond it had nothing to offer!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple