The Richmond, BW Premier Collection
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
2,455 results
All reviewsjunior suitefresh milkhuge tvlovely hotelbottle of proseccomini fridgeafternoon teacity centrelovely bathroomq parkbooked this hotelreception staffbirthday treatcar parkone night staystaff were lovelycomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My husband booked us 2 nights away at The Richmond and our first impressions were very positive. Its a brilliant location only 5mins walk away from the city and 10mins walk from Liverpool1. However neither of us felt it came close to being a 4 star hotel.
The room was clean but very poorly laid out. The bed was in one corner and the TV on the adjacent wall making it impossible to watch TV unless you sat on the side edge of the bed. There was no other furniture to speak of although there was space. Perhaps if some chairs had been provided it TV thing wouldn't have mattered. Also there was no lamp which I know sounds OCD but just having the main light seemed a bit too much.
The bathroom was modern but gave the impression of a rushed job (light fittings crumbling away, pencil marks on the tiles from the builders).
Although the reception staff were friendly and helpful the bar/restaurant staff appeared to forget about you often taking so long to get your drinks you'd already finished eating. The service was painfully slow and although breakfast was served till 11am we found most of the food was gone by 10am.
Overall I think we were disappointed because we'd expected more for the price we paid. We have stopped in a wide range of hotels and would estimate this hotel is no more than 3 stars. Some of you may think I'm being too picky but I feel we didn't get the grade of hotel we'd paid for

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We got a good package price on travelzoo so opted for this instead of our usual choice of the premier inn. The check in and welcome we received were faultless and the room and bathroom extremely comfortable , with the added luxuries of a huge flat screen TV and air conditioning ( much appreciated as we were there during exceptionally hot weather.)A previously -used teaspoon had been left on the tea tray , other than that the cleanliness was good. The situation , though not as attractive as down on Albert Dock was very central to most attractions in Liverpool . I used the spa across the road and my husband used the gym and we were both very happy with the facilities in each. Food , at dinner and breakfast was of adequate quality (without the value of the inclusive package it would probably be better to eat out. )However the service throughout was excellent , the friendly staff portrayed a real pride in their work and seemed genuinely keen for us to enjoy a great stay in their city. Overall , a really good stay in and I would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights. The location is perfect as it is within walking distance of everything! ( shops, pubs, clubs etc). When we walked into our apartment suite I was blown away! The decor was beautiful and the place spotless! We ate in the hotel on the first night and I would highly recommend the potato and leek soup! Beautiful!! All staff were very helpful and friendly especially the girl at the check in desk. We will definitely stay at the Richmond again and will recommend it to our friends!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the richmond for 4nights and had a great stay overall. I stayed in a one bed apartment with kitchen, spotless, lovely high ceilings, and great decor. We enjoyed being able to visit the Olympus spa across the road from the hotel to take advantage of the sauna, and other facilities.
One huge disappointment was the buffet breakfast which costs an extra £8 per morning. It was not worth the £8. When I was there it was clear that there was a shortage of staff so the food was not being refilled efficiently. I had to wait several minutes for new batches of eggs and sausages before i could sit down to enjoy my breakfast. The quality of the food was mediocre so I suggest cooking your own breakfast if you book an apartment suite with a kitchen.

Overall had a wonderful experience and would visit again if breakfast situation improved.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Layo E
Reviewed 26 July 2014

A Very nice Apart/hotel in a central location, We were given a lovely large room on the ground floor equipped with a mini bar and the largest flat screen TV i have ever seen in a hotel ! The bathroom was huge and fitted to a high standard. A good selection of drinks in the bar +tea /coffee. There is free access to a health club across the road but we did not use it so cant comment. The staff at this hotel are lovely, helpful and friendly. If there is a negative its that there was no iron in the room which you would have expected in a hotel of this kind, also a very cheesy painting of the owner adorns the wall in reception !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple