“Never again!”
Review of Comedy Coach Tour

Comedy Coach Tour
Ranked #44 of 67 Tours in Liverpool
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Our tour was a fairly small group which we thought would have made for a more personal tour. To begin with the road was closed off as there was an event happening in the city so we were asked if we minded walking the route.....erm yes we would mind! Eventually the route was changed but the organisation was poor, the comedian was offensive and unfunny. We couldn't make out a lot of his impressions and he seemed to get annoyed as we weren't laughing much - surely his fault not ours! Felt like a complete waste of money, definitely wouldn't recommend.

3  Thank TouristJill
Tom M M, Owner at Comedy Coach Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your opinion. The British Triathalon closed many of the roads in Liverpool on the day of your tour and we gave each customer the option to move to another date or have a walking tour on the date they had requested to book. But all the groups decided to go ahead with a change of route and start venue.

We began the tour from the First National Wine Bar, with a bucks fizz, made from Prosecco and orange juice and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and each drink came with a strawberry on the side, which was a lovely touch.

Comedy is a subjective art form, and what some people find really funny, such as comic impressions, other people just don't. So it is really hard to suit everyone's taste especially when people come from different ages and cultural backgrounds. I'm so sorry you felt offended, as comedy should be funny or at least amusing. Sometimes comedians are just not funny to some people, but at least with this tour there was also some history too.

But the majority of people on the tour that day did thank me personally and the comedian Mark actually received a tip from one of the passengers. So what someone thought was a great tour, someone else didn't. I do hope it didn't spoil your day, as other people did take the tour in good humour. Of course I will be taking your comments very seriously will be working with my comedian to review the material so that anything that could be construed as offensive will be taken out.

It would be really useful if you would like to email me directly and suggest the specific things that you found offensive as I will address each item and remove anything which is appears unpalatable please email me directly on: info@comedycoachtour.com

I am a qualified Blue Badge Tourist Guide and have many years event management experience and I make every endeavor to organise the tours meticulously, and keep everyone informed where changes occur.

I do hope this experience didn't spoil your trip and I hope you will still enjoy Comedy Nights per se and if you would like some tickets to go to another Comedy Night in Liverpool to try out some other scouse humour I would be delighted to arrange this with some of my colleagues in the Comedy Clubs.

Once again I appreciate your comments and of course I will try and address things personally.

Kind regards

Claire Rider
Blue Badge Tourist Guide & Comedy Coach Tour Proprietor

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I was in Liverpool on a business travel last week, and because I had informed myself at Trip Advisor, I went on the comedy coach tour when I had some free time. The comedy coach tour was fantastic. I loved it. I am not English yes, but I still understand almost everything from the comedian, and I laughed loud many times. Thank you Comedy Coach Tour and Trip Advisor for the information

4  Thank Diana E
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend booked this as part of my birthday as I love my stand up comedy. We joined the tour at Spice Lounge (nice place but toilets are awful - no loo roll) and were greeted with Buck Fizz, 2 hen parties and a stag do who were also doing the tour. The tour was fine and the comedian Mark started well but he ran out of material half way through and you could tell he was struggling. Was an ok experience although I probably wouldn't recommend it.

2  Thank Colin_Boyle
Tom M M, Owner at Comedy Coach Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

We're so sorry that you didn't enjoy the tour as the vast majority of the
feedback we receive is overwhelmingly positive. Although we are exactly
'what we say on the tin' - a comedian on a coach - we appreciate that the
unique appeal won't hit the mark with every single person who comes
aboard. Of course, we will still share you comments with our comedian as
we strive to ensure that every tour was better than the last.

The Comedy Coach Tour Team.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I've been living in Berlin for many years and hadn't been back to my hometown Liverpool for quite a long time, but I was back there recently with my wife and teenage son. As the city has changed a lot since I lived in Liverpool, I decided to take my family on the Comedy Coach Tour. What a novel idea, and what a fantastic day out my family had. I learned some new things about my own city, had a great laugh listening to the comedian, and even my German wife and son understood everything and couldn't stop laughing. It's the best time I've had for ages, and I certainly won't leave it so long before I come back to visit my city in future.

1  Thank Dave B
Reviewed 18 June 2013

From the moment I arrived at The Spice Lounge I felt a smile coming on and for the entire trip the comedy and the infectious laughter of everyone on the trip kept me grinning. Interspersed with facts as well as jokes and impressions the trip round Liverpool's main sites was a new way to look at the city and the personal way that Clare managed the whole thing and the way everyone was involved was a very warming tourist experience.

2  Thank RachelS2013