“property was ok service was HORRENDOUS”

L3 Living at Irwell Chambers
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here at the end of June for 2 nights. Apartments are well equipped but there is a damp musty smell as soon as you enter. On arriving at the apartments there is no one there to meet you so you have to call a number which we did and they said one of the builders would let us in, he proceeded to ask for payment which we were stupid enough to hand over without getting a receipt, then when we came home I was checking my bank statement and lo and behold they have taken payment from there as well. Hence the reason for late review but I have emailed them on a number of occasions got one reply back and nothing since my last 3 emails. So beware on how you pay. Hopefully I will eventually get my money back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Have stayed at merchants quarters several times and due to it being full we decided to try Irwell Chambers . I guess we where spoiled by Merchants ! This place was just OK ...if it was my first stay either L3living it would've been my last . Elevator was being built during our stay so it was exhausting being in a walk up apartment . No one told us where to take the trash .wifi didn't work . The Apartment had a view of a gay bathhouse and the noise from the city bar late at night was annoying ...great location for the Grocery store and moorefields station but they where the only good points !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed in number 24 for seven nights and wish I had pushed for a change of apartment. On arrival there was a horrid smell which I thought was damp. However this worsened and I recognised it as stale smoke. Although a double lock on the door (which I used every day) I had the sense someone had been in my place as the double lock was never on in the evening. These are not serviced apartments so what we're they going in for? Clean towels? Bins emptied? Or maybe just a nose around or a smoke??? There was no change to my apartment, bins still overflowing and towels where I left them. Luckily I didn't have anything worth stealing! I reported the fact I thought somebody was going in but was met with a very non reassuring attitude. This aside, only one tea towel, a shower that didn't rise up and down, a fridge that makes a racket, no backs on remote controls, a mould stained bathroom floor, windows that don't open and you can't see out because they haven't been cleaned since god knows when, a bedroom that is flooded by a street light - over a wine bar so be prepared to be woken up at 3am, not only by drunks but by a road sweeper..... you call yourself four star??? Really? Let's say I won't be coming back and I recommend you don't stay here either... Maybe just a bad experience but I won't be going back to find out and I certainly will not be recommending!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Helen S
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here with 3 other people. There was no reception and we could not enter the complex in arrival . We had to phone a landline number that transferred to a mobile number. An out of hours member of staff (5.15pm) answered and arrived 15 minutes later to let us in. We were taken to wrong apartment initially and then to correct apartment. The staff member told us we could leave our bags with her when we checked out and collect them after the football match. However, on the departure day a different member of staff told us that this was impossible and the other staff member had given us the wrong information. That same member of staff had knocked once and walked in to our apartment at 10.15am to remind us that check out was at 11.am sharp. We had to pay for so called free wifi .

Room Tip: Not our room (27)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Called to ask about check in, there was someone to meet me as planned. Stayed in appt 7 and I was pleased as soon as I entered the building. The appt was well equipped and I quickly made myself at home. Prepared a lovely lamb roast dinner and enjoyed a very pleasant evening. The appt is located just behind the Town Hall so is close to all bars/shops. I would stay here again and would recommend these appts if you are looking for more than just a hotel room

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed at the Irwell Chambers from 30 Jan - 2 Feb. We'd booked a 1 bedroomed apartment but were delighted at being upgraded to a two bedroomed (Apartment 8) The building is a beautiful 19th century delight built around a central courtyard and with many original features. The entrance hall is impressive and very tasteful. The apartment itself was tastefully furnished and had everything we could possibly need. Was it clean? It was so clean, I actually wondered if we were the first people ever to stay there. There were complimentary toiletries - little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and hand and body lotion, as well as soap - in the bathroom. A delightful and unexpected touch. We were given huge white fluffy bath sheets and hand towels and the bedlinen was absolutely spotless. One bedroom had a king sized bed which was lovely and comfortable, the other bedroom had a double bed which we never used.
Each bedroom had a double wardrobe - complete with hangers, a chest of drawers, a bed-side table EACH side of the bed and a beautiful little lamp on each. The beds had colourful throws on each, and everything was colour co-ordinated. Above each chest of drawers there was a beautiful ornate mirror.

The living area had a two seater couch and a chair, a large flat screen TV, coffee table and a floor lamp. There was also a dining table which was set out for dinner. The kitchen was spotless, there was a microwave, a washer/dryer, a toaster, kettle and plenty utensils and crockery. Everything was immaculate. There was even washing-up liquid, spare bin bags and a dustpan and brush, you know... those little things that most apartments leave out. They had even provided FULL jars of coffee, tea and sugar, which was delightful.

The bathroom was lovely, a good sized mirror, a bath with a power shower over it and plenty space.

I could not fault this place. Being an old building, the walls were thick, so we heard virtually no noise from outside, despite it being in an active city centre location and directly opposite a wine bar. The windows, which had workable blinds were almost floor to ceiling height and were etched, and some opened, which we requested. The building was so quiet at night, it was hard to believe there were other people staying there. There were heaters in every room, and the bathroom had a heated towel rail.

The location is fantastic, there is a Tesco and Sainsbury just around the corner, a wine bar opposite and an Italian Trattoria on the corner. The chambers are only a ten minute walk from the city centre, but there are many shops and bars in the immediate area.

We stay in Liverpool about twice a year but this was the first time we have tried the Irwell Chambers. If they maintain these standards and don't slip into the same shoddy ways that so many places there do then we will be returning here each and every time we go to Liverpool. We cannot recommend this place enough. To the owners and staff: Thank you so much for making our trip an absolute delight.

Room Tip: Apartment 8. Two bedroomed and practically noiseless.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carry F
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I have stayed here numerous times; each time in a different apartment both one or 2 bedroom. These apartments are well equipped, well furnished, spotlessly clean and have everything you need. Located right in the heart of the business district, and a stones throw away from bars, restaurants, Liverpool one and the Irwell are by far the best value for money Liverpool apartments I know of with prices midweek around £42, to £70 weekends. An extra £10 for a late checkout (2pm) and the best thing about it is there is no hefty deposit to pay, unlike most other city centre apartments, and the NCP car park just across the road is only £12.50 for the night. (if you dont mind walking though, Queens square car park is only £2.50 for the night from 5pm to 9am).
All in all, excellent accomodation at an excellent price and I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple