“Poor service, damp on walls”

L3 Living at Irwell Chambers
“Poor service, damp on walls”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I just stayed at Irwell Chambers for 6 nights.
The apartments appear clean and modern on first arrival however
like other reviewers I found the servicing non existent.
No new clean towels or bedding or any cleaning or servicing of any kind for the whole of my stay (6 nights),
No towel rails or hooks in the bathroom so difficult to dry towels,
No waste bin in the kitchen so had to just pile rubbish in one corner,
Large damp patch on wall behind television which got bigger every time it rained,
Poor quality mattresses which make for an uncomfortable nights sleep and bad back in morning.
Heaters seem inadequate, I wouldn't like to stay here in winter, it was cold in August!
WiFi was also erratic and slow
Also an odd smell (stale cigarette smoke?) when you enter the building.
No information was offered to me in case of emergency and there are no customer service packs at all.
The lift was out of action so two large flights of stairs to climb.
I was disappointed with the apartment and would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This must be the best value for money in Liverpool! We stayed for two nights at a cost of only £60 for the whole apartment, which was clean, modern and comfortable and very close to the city centre. The staff were friendly and helpful.
On our arrival there were no signs at the exterior to indicate that it was a hotel so we were confused about which entrance to use; we phoned the number given on our booking documents and someone came immediately to let us in and show us round. Maybe a small sign on the door to show that it was L3 Living wouldn't go amiss.
The windows in the apartments are not double glazed so we didn't sleep very well the first night because of the constant squawking of seagulls outside but this is only a minor negative.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sam P
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here at the end of June for 2 nights. Apartments are well equipped but there is a damp musty smell as soon as you enter. On arriving at the apartments there is no one there to meet you so you have to call a number which we did and they said one of the builders would let us in, he proceeded to ask for payment which we were stupid enough to hand over without getting a receipt, then when we came home I was checking my bank statement and lo and behold they have taken payment from there as well. Hence the reason for late review but I have emailed them on a number of occasions got one reply back and nothing since my last 3 emails. So beware on how you pay. Hopefully I will eventually get my money back

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
richmond
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Have stayed at merchants quarters several times and due to it being full we decided to try Irwell Chambers . I guess we where spoiled by Merchants ! This place was just OK ...if it was my first stay either L3living it would've been my last . Elevator was being built during our stay so it was exhausting being in a walk up apartment . No one told us where to take the trash .wifi didn't work . The Apartment had a view of a gay bathhouse and the noise from the city bar late at night was annoying ...great location for the Grocery store and moorefields station but they where the only good points !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed in number 24 for seven nights and wish I had pushed for a change of apartment. On arrival there was a horrid smell which I thought was damp. However this worsened and I recognised it as stale smoke. Although a double lock on the door (which I used every day) I had the sense someone had been in my place as the double lock was never on in the evening. These are not serviced apartments so what we're they going in for? Clean towels? Bins emptied? Or maybe just a nose around or a smoke??? There was no change to my apartment, bins still overflowing and towels where I left them. Luckily I didn't have anything worth stealing! I reported the fact I thought somebody was going in but was met with a very non reassuring attitude. This aside, only one tea towel, a shower that didn't rise up and down, a fridge that makes a racket, no backs on remote controls, a mould stained bathroom floor, windows that don't open and you can't see out because they haven't been cleaned since god knows when, a bedroom that is flooded by a street light - over a wine bar so be prepared to be woken up at 3am, not only by drunks but by a road sweeper..... you call yourself four star??? Really? Let's say I won't be coming back and I recommend you don't stay here either... Maybe just a bad experience but I won't be going back to find out and I certainly will not be recommending!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Helen S
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here with 3 other people. There was no reception and we could not enter the complex in arrival . We had to phone a landline number that transferred to a mobile number. An out of hours member of staff (5.15pm) answered and arrived 15 minutes later to let us in. We were taken to wrong apartment initially and then to correct apartment. The staff member told us we could leave our bags with her when we checked out and collect them after the football match. However, on the departure day a different member of staff told us that this was impossible and the other staff member had given us the wrong information. That same member of staff had knocked once and walked in to our apartment at 10.15am to remind us that check out was at 11.am sharp. We had to pay for so called free wifi .

Room Tip: Not our room (27)